Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Nomad - Your DIRECTV account has been disabled

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   rnwjr

rnwjr

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:34 PM

Same problem here on my iPod Touch, iPad, iPad2, Macbook, and iPhone 5....

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,623 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:37 PM

Please note that this is impacting all client platforms and both new and existing clients...it appears to be an authentication server issue.

Hopefully we see it rectified soon.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#23 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,834 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:47 PM

Do you have any inside info on what's going on here, or when it may be resolved?

I'm being told the same thing as all of you, that it's not your hardware, it's DIRECTV, and they are working on it.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#24 ONLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,249 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 25 September 2012 - 02:00 PM

That sounds like a server problem on their end.

Typically those get corrected the same day.

Even if they fix their problem today, I have to wait until I'm off the road and back home to connect and get that fix. Both my PC and iPad have shows on them, but I can't access them right now.

#25 OFFLINE   Lowpro

Lowpro

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:11 PM

Same issue here. Should have known not to even bother contacting DIRECTV. Waste of time. Should have just come here to confirm if others were having the same issue as nothing had changed on my end here at the house. Clearly I'm not alone. Guess watching content on-the-go tonight is not going to happen. :-(

#26 OFFLINE   alexcohen

alexcohen

AllStar

• Registered
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:14 PM

The Nomad has never worked well & since it seems to have not sold well I don't think Directv puts much effort into it. I would suggest if you paid for the unit, say you want to keep the unit and ask for your money back no matter how long you've owned it. You never know!

#27 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,383 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:31 PM

Given the number of devices that nomad could work with and the upcoming gadget-heavy shopping season, I doubt that DIRECTV has given up on the nomad.

Apple did something remarkably similar (Wi-fi wasn't working because an element of the apple.com site was down) with iOS6 last week and they seemed to get a lot more slack.

Yes, I realize the nomad has had a rocky road, but that seems to be the case with most clean slate products these days (even if they did announce a mobile product six+ years ago... ;))

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#28 ONLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,249 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:09 PM

My wife is reporting that the PC client at home is now working. She tried when she got home: Account disabled. Tried a little while ago and go on, but no programs listed on Nomad. Then she tried again and all shows listed on the Nomad and previously recorded shows on the PC are showing up.

Now to get my iPad working.

#29 OFFLINE   Tonyftony716

Tonyftony716

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:13 PM

The Nomad has never worked well & since it seems to have not sold well I don't think Directv puts much effort into it. I would suggest if you paid for the unit, say you want to keep the unit and ask for your money back no matter how long you've owned it. You never know!

I totally disagree. I have never had an issue up until this little hiccup. I think theNomad would be more popular if Directv marketed it properly. Technically it works great. I have bee very pleased.

Also my Nomad seems to be working fine now on my IPad.

#30 ONLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,249 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

I totally disagree. I have never had an issue up until this little hiccup. I think the Nomad would be more popular if Directv marketed it properly. Technically it works great. I have been very pleased.

Also my Nomad seems to be working fine now on my IPad.

On the phone with DirecTV. They are still having some issues "but expect those corrected within 24 hours."

What iPad are you using and what OS? I'm using an original iPad, so I'm using iOS5.

Edit/add: And you've been lucky. You might want to review this thread (and the ones before it) to see some of the problems they've had with the Nomad. http://www.dbstalk.c...234#post3015234. Technically, I don't think it is ready for them to market it any more than what they are right now.

#31 OFFLINE   Tonyftony716

Tonyftony716

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:47 PM

I am using 6.0 on my IPad 2. Have used the service since December and(crossing fingers) have been problem free up until today. Also have used on my laptop with no issues.

#32 OFFLINE   Diana C

Diana C

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,777 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:51 PM

Deleting and reinstalling the Nomad app got it working on my iPad (IOS5).

Dish Network Customer from 9/1998-11/2001
DirecTV Customer 10/2001 - 7/2014

FiOS TV/TiVo Customer since 6/2014
Moderator, DBSDish.com 1999-2000
Co-Founder and Administrator, DBSForums.com 2000-2006

Current setup:
DirecTV: HR34-700 (1TB) / HR24-100 (1TB) / HR24-500 (1TB) / HR21-700 (320GB) / HR21-100 (1TB) / 2 H25s / C41-500 / SWiM16 / Nomad / CCK

FiOS: 2 Tivo Roamio Pros (6 TB total) / 5 Tivo Minis attached via MOCA

#33 ONLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,249 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:37 PM

My wife got her iPad working that way also. But all previous shows were deleted. I'm going to give it a try on my Nomad, but I'm on the road so if my shows are deleted when I uninstall/reinstall, I won't be able to download anything until I return home.

Second business trip this year where I've lost access to nomad shows on my iPad.

#34 OFFLINE   Lowpro

Lowpro

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 08:31 PM

DIRECTV must have corrected the issue on their end. Back in business with all my mobile devices after an uninstall/reinstall of the Nomad apps.

Edited by Lowpro, 25 September 2012 - 09:19 PM.

#35 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,623 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:52 AM

DIRECTV must have corrected the issue on their end. Back in business with all my mobile devices after an uninstall/reinstall of the Nomad apps.

It appears so.

I successfully transcoded 4 programs using the PC client (not reinstalled).
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#36 OFFLINE   Mike_TV

Mike_TV

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:42 AM

Appears to be back and working. Here is what worked on my end.

Windows 7 client - Deselect/select each DVR. Now working. No reinstall was required.
iPhone - Uninstall/install. Now working.
iPad - Uninstall/install. Now working.

#37 OFFLINE   mwzimm

mwzimm

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:19 AM

Just got Mac working too. Had to trash everything including the storage folder then reinstall application.

#38 OFFLINE   Go Beavs

Go Beavs

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,271 posts
  • LocationPortland, OR DMA

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:37 AM

Just got Mac working too. Had to trash everything including the storage folder then reinstall application.

I fired up the nomad app on my Mac last night and it took right off. No re-install or trashing required. I wonder what the diff was. :shrug:

My iOS apps were a different story. I had to reinstall all both of them.

Genie, Hx2x, nomad
D* customer since Oct '99

#39 OFFLINE   mwzimm

mwzimm

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:17 PM

I fired up the nomad app on my Mac last night and it took right off. No re-install or trashing required. I wonder what the diff was. :shrug:

My iOS apps were a different story. I had to reinstall all both of them.

I didn't re-try the Mac until this afternoon. I think since it was already "fried" it needed to be reset. Funny thing was that after I did the firsts reinstall, it never asked for my login info and went right back to the error screen. That's when I tried to delete anything Nomad related from the whole laptop and start fresh.

Oddly enough for me, my iPad and desktop computer didn't need any modification. I did not open them at all yesterday when the problem was first noted, but tried them today after the "fix" was in. Both opened right up and still had all the saved programs ready to play.

#40 ONLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,249 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:29 PM

Got home tonight. Fired up my iPad Nomad app and it logged right in. Had to download my shows again. (I had uninstalled the app and reinstalled it last night per Titan25's suggestion -- that worked, but since I wasn't on my home network, I couldn't log in/update shows).

Daughter (at college) had no problems with her Mac & Nomad. I think only those that had their systems on Monday night/Tuesday AM were impacted by this glitch.

spam firewall