Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Nomad - Your DIRECTV account has been disabled

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   dsexton

dsexton

Mentor

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:59 PM

I experienced the same problem on the morning of the 25th before leaving for a business trip, so I had nothing to watch on the plane. Got home this afternoon and it works fine, except for some reason the episode of Revolution I have on one of the DVRs doesn't show up. Everything else does, though.

As far as popularity and usefulness of the Nomad, I am still waiting for almost a year now for the "coming soon" Android app. I was even contacted by the office of the President after I sent an email via phone. I was assured the issue was being worked on, but no specific release date could be given. That was about 6 months ago now. Seriously?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 ONLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,835 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 03:07 PM

As far as popularity and usefulness of the Nomad, I am still waiting for almost a year now for the "coming soon" Android app.

As an Android tablet user...I share your appreciation of releasing that platform's client as well.

It certainly has been longer than I would have thought for DirecTV to release an Android version that all nomad users who want it could use it. I can't help thinking the update path through Android Ice Cream Sandwich and now Jelly Bean contributed to delays somehow. :shrug:

Going back to the thread topic...all seems that all is well with transcoding and playback here today.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#43 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,347 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:31 AM

Here I go again.

Turned on my iPad 1 iOS 5 a few minutes ago. Downloaded two shows that had transcoded last night. Everything OK. Went to check on what was on my iPad and got the "account disabled" message, AR/3002 code. Same as last Tuesday.

Anyone else?

#44 OFFLINE   Tonyftony716

Tonyftony716

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:47 AM

Yep me too. This is getting very frustrating.

#45 ONLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,835 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:03 AM

This seems to happen whenever they are doing maintenance on their authentication servers...and then goes away a few hours later.

Yes, it can be frustrating.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#46 OFFLINE   JAYPB

JAYPB

Legend

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:16 AM

I downloaded 3 shows this am before I left the house...at least I thought I did.

Got to work, go to access the app on my iphone...and I get the "Your DIRECTV Nomad was not found" splash screen. Error code find/500.

I read above that others accounts are "disabled" this am---same thing that happened en masse last week.

So---anyone else seeing the message I got ?!?!
:confused:
D* sub
1 HR20/3 HR21's/1 HR22/1 AM21/3 R15's /5LNB/3LNB/single LNB dishes...and a large utility bill!!!

#47 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,347 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:32 AM

JAYPB - I received the account disabled message while on my home network. Once I away from my network, I got the same error you did. So it looks like we have to wait until they fix it again, log back in to the home network and possibly uninstall/reinstall app. Again. Glad I'm not traveling this week.

Love it when it is working, but two Tuesdays in a row?

#48 OFFLINE   JAYPB

JAYPB

Legend

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:46 AM

JAYPB - I received the account disabled message while on my home network. Once I away from my network, I got the same error you did. So it looks like we have to wait until they fix it again, log back in to the home network and possibly uninstall/reinstall app. Again. Glad I'm not traveling this week.

Love it when it is working, but two Tuesdays in a row?

You know, it sure would be nice if there was some sort of "system status" page on D*'s website for an advanced technology item like this. Kind of like what Verizon (and I assume other ISP's) has with regards to network issues and such. Especially in cases where they are doing (as was mentioned below) "maintenance on their authentication servers" and the like if this seems to cause things to go screwy.
D* sub
1 HR20/3 HR21's/1 HR22/1 AM21/3 R15's /5LNB/3LNB/single LNB dishes...and a large utility bill!!!

#49 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,878 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:43 AM

Perhaps verizon is a bad example... their e-mail servers were down for much of their user base yesterday, with no information available to the user.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#50 OFFLINE   JAYPB

JAYPB

Legend

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:48 AM

Perhaps verizon is a bad example... their e-mail servers were down for much of their user base yesterday, with no information available to the user.

My apologies then! I guess I'm going off of "old information". We actually have Verizon Fios here at work AND I have it at home...but we don't use their servers for our e-mail. And we've not really had internet issues since we switched to FIOS. I remember the DSL days where if we had an issue--we'd be able to go to a page on their site and see where outages were or where slow connection issues were.
D* sub

#51 OFFLINE   Mike_TV

Mike_TV

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 156 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:44 AM

This account disabled BS is back. I'm seeing it again this morning too.

#52 OFFLINE   alexcohen

alexcohen

AllStar

• Registered
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:47 PM

This account disabled BS is back. I'm seeing it again this morning too.

My Nomad's out as well, I called Directv using the pin they gave me, it's now expired & now I'm hold with someone who has no idea what I'm talking about.

#53 OFFLINE   alexcohen

alexcohen

AllStar

• Registered
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:50 PM

Talking to a second person in the protection plan department, again he has no clue what he's doing.

#54 OFFLINE   alexcohen

alexcohen

AllStar

• Registered
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:52 PM

Now I'm told I'm being transferred to Nomad tech support, why that hasn't happened before.

#55 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 922 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

Have you unistall/reinstall since the 25th?
My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

#56 OFFLINE   alexcohen

alexcohen

AllStar

• Registered
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:05 PM

So it took me 20 minutes on the phone, 3 CSR's, none of which understood the problem to tell me I need to again delete the app & re-download all the content. Just horrible customer service Directv, not that you care!

#57 OFFLINE   alexcohen

alexcohen

AllStar

• Registered
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:06 PM

Have you unistall/reinstall since the 25th?

Yes, once after the 25th & another time today

#58 OFFLINE   JAYPB

JAYPB

Legend

• Registered
  • 266 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:11 PM

Now I'm told I'm being transferred to Nomad tech support, why that hasn't happened before.

So it took me 20 minutes on the phone, 3 CSR's, none of which understood the problem to tell me I need to again delete the app & re-download all the content. Just horrible customer service Directv, not that you care!

Yes, once after the 25th & another time today

Once again, a perfect example of customer service roulette...or more importantly why I DO NOT call D*'s CS too often!!!!!

I will do my best to wait out an issue or get feedback from the good folks here before I start jumping through hoops like most CSR's want you to do (i.e. lets restart your receiver, lets unplug your receiver, lets unplug your cables at the wall, lets plug it into a different outlet....)
D* sub

#59 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 922 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

did it work?
My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

#60 OFFLINE   Tonyftony716

Tonyftony716

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

I have been following the thread and I uninstalled and reinstalled. The problem I have been having is that I cannot download any new shows. I click download and it goes into a status called "waiting to prepare". I back out and click on my download queue and the download is under the heading "preparing for me". It will sit in that status for hours until I cancel the download. Nothing else is downloading. I don't know what it is "waiting" for? I have used the nomad on my IPad for 9 months with no issues until last week. Anyone else have the same issue or have suggestions on what to do?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...