Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Nomad - Your DIRECTV account has been disabled

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#61 ONLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,623 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

I have been following the thread and I uninstalled and reinstalled. The problem I have been having is that I cannot download any new shows. I click download and it goes into a status called "waiting to prepare". I back out and click on my download queue and the download is under the heading "preparing for me". It will sit in that status for hours until I cancel the download. Nothing else is downloading. I don't know what it is "waiting" for? I have used the nomad on my IPad for 9 months with no issues until last week. Anyone else have the same issue or have suggestions on what to do?

The transcoding process has 2 steps.

The first is preparing...which generally takes about the same time as the program length - a 2 hour show takes about 2 hours to do the prepare step, so most people don't sit and watch it process.

The second step is the download - which takes about 11 minutes or so for the same 2 hours show.

Both steps must complete to have the transcoded program transferred to a mobile device, no matter what kind of device it is.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,249 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:12 PM

Got home, Nomad still not working. Uninstalled app from Nomad and iTunes. Downloaded and reinstalled. I'm able to log in now and see all my DVRs. Downloading shows right now, so all seems 'normal'.

Note to self: Download Monday night shows to iPad/PC immediately; don't wait until Tuesday AM.

#63 OFFLINE   Tonyftony716

Tonyftony716

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:22 PM

The transcoding process has 2 steps.

The first is preparing...which generally takes about the same time as the program length - a 2 hour show takes about 2 hours to do the prepare step, so most people don't sit and watch it process.

The second step is the download - which takes about 11 minutes or so for the same 2 hours show.

Both steps must complete to have the transcoded program transferred to a mobile device, no matter what kind of device it is.

I understand this. I have had it for nine months. It is not downloading it is stuck in waiting to prepare and will sit there for hours without doing anything. This is a 30 minute show I have been trying to download. This has only been an issue since last week.

#64 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,213 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

Reboot your nomad.

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#65 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,249 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

I have been following the thread and I uninstalled and reinstalled. The problem I have been having is that I cannot download any new shows. I click download and it goes into a status called "waiting to prepare". I back out and click on my download queue and the download is under the heading "preparing for me". It will sit in that status for hours until I cancel the download. Nothing else is downloading. I don't know what it is "waiting" for? I have used the nomad on my IPad for 9 months with no issues until last week. Anyone else have the same issue or have suggestions on what to do?

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled today?
Are you using the DVR at the same time as you're trying to transcode?
How long is the show you're trying to put on your device?
What channels are you trying to record from?

#66 OFFLINE   Tonyftony716

Tonyftony716

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:17 PM

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled today? Yes
Are you using the DVR at the same time as you're trying to transcode?no
How long is the show you're trying to put on your device?30 min's
What channels are you trying to record from?

all channels. I have tried to download several shows in the last week with the same result.

Did not have any problems with nomad before last week when I first received the message that my account was disabled.

#67 ONLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,623 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

Reboot your nomad.

The solution could certainly be as simple as that.

#68 OFFLINE   Mike_TV

Mike_TV

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

This kind of poor support for Nomad matches the one star rating Nomad has on iTunes right now. Directv, you've had a year now with this product in the marketplace. Fix your stuff.

#69 OFFLINE   JAYPB

JAYPB

Legend

• Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:04 AM

all channels. I have tried to download several shows in the last week with the same result.

Did not have any problems with nomad before last week when I first received the message that my account was disabled.

I had a post in another thread regarding similar issues I was having on certain shows. If you search my user name you'll find it.

My issue was that my shows (only a certain few) were doing what you describe. Turns out that the shows in question either were "glitching" (i.e. rain storm/signal dropout/problem with that channel's feed) OR at the end (or start) of said recording a black box was popping up in the lower right hand corner of the screen when I physically watched the show (at the start or finish of the recording) telling me that there was a blackout issue or the show didn't fully record.

It's possible that something similar is going on with your recordings ?! :confused:
D* sub
1 HR20/3 HR21's/1 HR22/1 AM21/3 R15's /5LNB/3LNB/single LNB dishes...and a large utility bill!!!

#70 OFFLINE   Tonyftony716

Tonyftony716

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:55 AM

Thanks. I had this problem too in the past if a show didn't record to the full length of the intended recording. I don't think this is the case though now because i've tried to download at least 10 different individual shows all on different dates.

#71 ONLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,623 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:46 PM

Thanks. I had this problem too in the past if a show didn't record to the full length of the intended recording. I don't think this is the case though now because i've tried to download at least 10 different individual shows all on different dates.

I saw the new thread you started on that topic...and responded.

#72 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,249 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:33 AM

Here I go again.

Turned on my iPad 1 iOS 5 a few minutes ago. Downloaded two shows that had transcoded last night. Everything OK. Went to check on what was on my iPad and got the "account disabled" message, AR/3002 code. Same as last Tuesday.

Anyone else?

Anyone else?

Got up this AM, AR/3002 code "Account Disabled" message. It was transcoding a few shows when i went to bed last night. All seemed well.

Third Tuesday since 9/25 that this has happened.

#73 OFFLINE   JAYPB

JAYPB

Legend

• Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:23 AM

Anyone else?

Got up this AM, AR/3002 code "Account Disabled" message. It was transcoding a few shows when i went to bed last night. All seemed well.

Third Tuesday since 9/25 that this has happened.

+1 here too.

Checked my iphone and ipod touch. Didn't get a chance to check my Windows Netbook.

I love when things don't work the way they are supposed to.......:nono:
D* sub
1 HR20/3 HR21's/1 HR22/1 AM21/3 R15's /5LNB/3LNB/single LNB dishes...and a large utility bill!!!

#74 OFFLINE   Mike_TV

Mike_TV

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:58 AM

This account disabled BS is back AGAIN. I'm seeing it again this morning too.

Directv updated the firmware of our Nomads recently, which appears to have went without incident, but now this happens again for third time in the few months.

This is the third time Nomad authorizations have stopped working in the last couple months :mad:

9/25/12
10/2/12
11/13/12

All of these dates are on Tuesdays.

Directv Nomad department didn't have a case open until I called this morning. They are working on it now...for what that is worth.

Edited by Mike_TV, 13 November 2012 - 07:26 AM.
Added more detail on the dates of outages

#75 OFFLINE   trh

trh

This Space for Sale

• Registered
  • 3,249 posts
  • LocationNE FL

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:55 AM

Whatever they are doing on Monday nights needs to be reviewed and changed. Totally unacceptable that we have to through this on a recurring basis.

#76 OFFLINE   JAYPB

JAYPB

Legend

• Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 08:30 AM

Directv updated the firmware of our Nomads recently, which appears to have went without incident, but now this happens again for third time in the few months.

This is the third time Nomad authorizations have stopped working in the last couple months :mad:

9/25/12
10/2/12
11/13/12

Directv Nomad department didn't have a case open until I called this morning. They are working on it now...for what that is worth.

Thanks for calling. I had to leave for work at 6 when I noticed the issue....I just have no patience for calling....especially when the usual answer I get is surprise that the "system" is down on the user/nomad clients end.

And apparently you called a few hours after several of us noticed it...yet D* didn't have a case open until that point. Interesting. Are there like 42 people nationally using this thing? Or are they all just as pissed off and irritated as the rest of us and don't call because they know in 12 hours or so things will "work themselves out"....?
D* sub

#77 ONLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,623 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:07 AM

DirecTV updated the firmware of our Nomads recently, which appears to have went without incident, but now this happens again for third time in the few months.

9/25/12
10/2/12
11/13/12

DirecTV Nomad department didn't have a case open until I called this morning. They are working on it now...for what that is worth.

Interesting information. Thanks for sharing.

The last couple of times this occurred...it was due to an upgrade/update on their servers on the DirecTV end. Once that got done...everything was fine again.

#78 OFFLINE   Mike_TV

Mike_TV

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

Thanks for calling. I had to leave for work at 6 when I noticed the issue....I just have no patience for calling....especially when the usual answer I get is surprise that the "system" is down on the user/nomad clients end.

And apparently you called a few hours after several of us noticed it...yet D* didn't have a case open until that point. Interesting. Are there like 42 people nationally using this thing? Or are they all just as pissed off and irritated as the rest of us and don't call because they know in 12 hours or so things will "work themselves out"....?

It is extremely frustrating to call about issues with Nomad to the point where I feel it's not worth it. You have to run through the typical string of prompts about resetting your Directv receiver, etc before you can get to technical support. Then it's onto another group that handles Nomad. And then, it's a laundry list of questions about your router, version of the software, what color are the lights, etc. This is all required even though I told them about the authorization issues before, it happens on a Tuesday, etc.

I really do feel as if there are only a couple hundred of Nomads out in the wild. Out of there are a handful of us that come here to troubleshoot. What are the other customers doing when their Nomad fails? Do all of them call in and do the "unistall/reinstall" every client on their PC, iPhone and iPad each time this authorization issue pops up?

I feel like a beta tester for Nomad with zero support for over a year now who is out of $150 in cash and countless hours of my precious free time.

#79 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,213 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

Yep, took the iPad with me this morning while waiting and 'Your account is disabled'.

Back home and PC client gives the same.

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#80 OFFLINE   JAYPB

JAYPB

Legend

• Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:11 AM

It is extremely frustrating to call about issues with Nomad to the point where I feel it's not worth it. You have to run through the typical string of prompts about resetting your Directv receiver, etc before you can get to technical support. Then it's onto another group that handles Nomad. And then, it's a laundry list of questions about your router, version of the software, what color are the lights, etc. This is all required even though I told them about the authorization issues before, it happens on a Tuesday, etc.

I really do feel as if there are only a couple hundred of Nomads out in the wild. Out of there are a handful of us that come here to troubleshoot. What are the other customers doing when their Nomad fails? Do all of them call in and do the "unistall/reinstall" every client on their PC, iPhone and iPad each time this authorization issue pops up?

I feel like a beta tester for Nomad with zero support for over a year now who is out of $150 in cash and countless hours of my precious free time.

Your last paragraph pretty much sums up my feelings as well! Suffice to say my wife, who doesn't care about why something doesn't work---just that it DOESN'T WORK...is asking why I spent so much $$$ on something that's always having issues. I swear if I could've gotten the Archos portable units to work more reliably (hardware wise) I would've kept going in that direction.

With the Nomad's it's the software side that seems to always be the issue (or should I say NOT the hardware side)

:eek2:
D* sub

spam firewall