Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Nomad - Your DIRECTV account has been disabled

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   Rtm

Rtm

Godfather

• Registered
  • 392 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:41 PM

Mines ****ed up again and was last night as well.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,927 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

Looks like the problem has been corrected at this time at least for my PC client. IOS client still showing account has been disabled.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#83 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,435 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 03:50 PM

Looks like the problem has been corrected at this time at least for my PC client.

I'm still seeing the "invalid e-mail or password" on the PC client, which is apparently a different issue.

IOS client still showing account has been disabled.

Ditto for the NR iOS client.
/steve

#84 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,927 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

Tried the IOS client on my iPad, which I never started today, and it came right up. Tried the iPhone and it still had the account disabled error, so I uninstalled/reinstalled it and it's now working also.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#85 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,192 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 13 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

PC Client is ok, IOS / iPad not. May have to do a re-install on it.

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#86 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 22,435 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:23 PM

[...] I uninstalled/reinstalled it and it's now working also.

Good thought. Uninstall/reinstall did the trick for my iPhone as well.
/steve

#87 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,614 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

No re-install client required here - PC client is working fine right now - trancoded 4 recordings so far and played them back.
DBSTalk CHAT ROOM MODERATOR
DirecTV Customer Since 1996

#88 OFFLINE   wwmrd

wwmrd

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:40 PM

After deleting and re-installing the iPhone app, I was able to sign in and connect to my Nomad. Now I have to go through the process of re-downloading all my shows.

#89 OFFLINE   JAYPB

JAYPB

Legend

• Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:53 AM

I had to uninstall and reinstall the iphone/ipod touch app on both of my devices. Interestingly enough, I had to manually enter in the serial # of my nomad as neither device could "find" the nomad when it did a scan. After manually entering the serial # on BOTH devices I was able to get back up and running.

This is the first time I've had to resort to manually entering the serial # in order to progress in the process.

I haven't tried my netbook yet to see if I have any issues on that device.

Irritating and annoying extra step(s) at 5am...while I'm trying to get ready and leave for work! The way of the Nomad! :hurah:
D* sub
1 HR20/3 HR21's/1 HR22/1 AM21/3 R15's /5LNB/3LNB/single LNB dishes...and a large utility bill!!!

#90 OFFLINE   dbett

dbett

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:35 PM

I'm able to login now on my PC.

But now shows are disappearing after I download them. (And no, they aren't expired). :nono2:

This is the most problem plagued piece of technology I've ever had the misfortune of spending my money on. :mad: :mad: :mad:

#91 OFFLINE   Mike_TV

Mike_TV

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:30 AM

I'm able to login now on my PC.

But now shows are disappearing after I download them. (And no, they aren't expired). :nono2:

This is the most problem plagued piece of technology I've ever had the misfortune of spending my money on. :mad: :mad: :mad:

The reviews and comments on iTunes match the poor experiences and troubles people posted here. The Nomad app for iOS has 1.5 star out of five on iTunes.

https://itunes.apple...d448679509?mt=8

Unfortunately I don't think potential Nomad purchasers will read the comments prior to them wasting their $150.

#92 OFFLINE   JAYPB

JAYPB

Legend

• Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:22 AM

The reviews and comments on iTunes match the poor experiences and troubles people posted here. The Nomad app for iOS has 1.5 star out of five on iTunes.

https://itunes.apple...d448679509?mt=8

Unfortunately I don't think potential Nomad purchasers will read the comments prior to them wasting their $150.

....and we're still "waiting" for the Nomad Andriod functionality to materialize :grin:
D* sub
1 HR20/3 HR21's/1 HR22/1 AM21/3 R15's /5LNB/3LNB/single LNB dishes...and a large utility bill!!!

spam firewall