Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

If/When I cancel, will I still have access to my directv.com account?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   snappjay

snappjay

Legend

• Registered
  • 107 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:06 PM

Good afternoon.

I'm afraid I am going to have to cancel my DTV account soon because of my moving/employer situation. Where I am moving to will not have a clear viewing area of the sky. It stinks. I really love my HR34 and the programming.

After contacting the local cable company, they have offered to buy out my DTV contract, which is nice. DTV customer service told me it would be $400, and the cable guy told me that he could only cover $300. That is still better than paying for something I'm not using. The only problem is, the cable company will need my last DTV bill showing the ETF. I am signed up for paperless and auto pay and I cannot figure out how to bring back my paper bill that will show my ETF.

So, my questions are:
1) how do I bring back paper bills? I cannot seem to find it on the website anywhere. If I can get that last bill in the normal mail, everything will be fine... but...
2) If I cannot get paper bills, can I still access my directv.com account once I make the disconnect call? If I can still access my account, I will still have access to print the statement off of directv.com and everything will be fine..

I really hope this makes since. Thanks guys. :)
TV Vizio VF551XVT
Remote Logitech Harmony 900
Service DirecTV Choice Xtra Classic
Receivers HR-34/700

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,942 posts
  • LocationOutside Portland, ME

Posted 25 September 2012 - 01:28 PM

I'd log in NOW and print your most recent bill off. However, I ALMOST wanna say (Won't SWEAR to it) that they will sent you a physical final bill.

#3 OFFLINE   snappjay

snappjay

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 107 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:27 PM

Thanks for the info.

The only problem is the most current bill will NOT have the ETF the cable company needs to see. If they end up sending me a final paper bill, then there will not be a problem.
TV Vizio VF551XVT
Receivers HR-34/700

#4 OFFLINE   kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,942 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:28 PM

Actually, you can always call them after you cancel and ask them to send you your final bill. They shouldn't have any problem doing that.

#5 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 11,239 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:31 PM

If you cancel/terminate whatever form of autopay you have, it will force them to paper bill you. Don't know if you can even do that though.

#6 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:31 PM

Your final bill is always mailed to the address on the account regardless of any billing settings.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#7 OFFLINE   kevinturcotte

kevinturcotte

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,942 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:34 PM

If you cancel/terminate whatever form of autopay you have, it will force them to paper bill you. Don't know if you can even do that though.

Watch out if you have auto pay too, because they will just grab the entire amount from your checking account/credit card, probably not long after you cancel. See if you can get an exact date on when they're going to charge it, just to make sure the money is actually there. Also, keep a copy of your tracking numbers for returned receivers. It wouldn't be the first time they have a receiver sitting in their warehouse and charge you for it anyway (And with auto pay, that's JUST what they'll do).

#8 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:38 PM

Watch out if you have auto pay too, because they will just grab the entire amount from your checking account/credit card, probably not long after you cancel. See if you can get an exact date on when they're going to charge it, just to make sure the money is actually there. Also, keep a copy of your tracking numbers for returned receivers. It wouldn't be the first time they have a receiver sitting in their warehouse and charge you for it anyway (And with auto pay, that's JUST what they'll do).

They'll provide him the date based on the day the service is disconnected. After an account is disconnected it's always on auto pay regardless of any settings prior to disconnections.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#9 OFFLINE   242424

AllStar

• Registered
  • 254 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 04:46 PM

Cancel the CC DTV has before you end service.

#10 OFFLINE   netraa

netraa

Godfather

• Registered
  • 483 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:22 PM

first off, if you haven't canceled yet...

call *D tell them you are moving, give them the new address...

a Tech will come out to install you, If he can't find a location that has LOS to the birds, your account will be cancelled w/out penalty.

~N

#11 OFFLINE   Michael H..

Michael H..

Legend

• Unregistered / Not Logged In
  • 191 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:28 PM

Good afternoon.

I'm afraid I am going to have to cancel my DTV account soon because of my moving/employer situation. Where I am moving to will not have a clear viewing area of the sky. It stinks. I really love my HR34 and the programming.

I don't know DirecTV's policy, but I'm certain that I recall posters previously stating that if you move to a location that has no LOS, that DirecTV will allow you to cancel without having to pay an ETF. I'd look into this first.

*EDIT: netraa: you posted faster than I type... thanks for corroborating.

#12 OFFLINE   west99999

west99999

Icon

• Registered
  • 948 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 07:40 PM

correct if no los after a supervisor verifies and notes account that it cant be installed they will let you out for free.

#13 OFFLINE   snappjay

snappjay

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 107 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:29 AM

I don't know DirecTV's policy, but I'm certain that I recall posters previously stating that if you move to a location that has no LOS, that DirecTV will allow you to cancel without having to pay an ETF. I'd look into this first.

*EDIT: netraa: you posted faster than I type... thanks for corroborating.

This is great news! Thanks for the info, guys.
Once I move, I will call DTV and tell them to come out and look at my situation

(moving to a bottom floor apartment, only allowed to install dish on the balcony, and the balcony is facing yet another apartment building! yeesh)
TV Vizio VF551XVT
Receivers HR-34/700

#14 OFFLINE   bigmike200587

bigmike200587

Mentor

• Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:07 AM

To answer your question about the directv.com login. Yes you will still be able to log on to the web and see all of your account including past billing.

Good afternoon.

After contacting the local cable company, they have offered to buy out my DTV contract, which is nice. DTV customer service told me it would be $400, and the cable guy told me that he could only cover $300. That is still better than paying for something I'm not using. The only problem is, the cable company will need my last DTV bill showing the ETF. I am signed up for paperless and auto pay and I cannot figure out how to bring back my paper bill that will show my ETF.

So, my questions are:
1) how do I bring back paper bills? I cannot seem to find it on the website anywhere. If I can get that last bill in the normal mail, everything will be fine... but...
2) If I cannot get paper bills, can I still access my directv.com account once I make the disconnect call? If I can still access my account, I will still have access to print the statement off of directv.com and everything will be fine..

I really hope this makes since. Thanks guys. :)

Self Built Xion Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4 GHz
Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB Ram

I am a DIRECTV employee however all views, expressions, opinions, facts, platitudes, conjecture, compliments, criticisms, are mine even if logic dictates otherwise and are not on behalf of DIRECTV, TiVo, Thompson/RCA, Technicolor, LG, Samsung, Zinwell, or any company that may or may not be affiliated, contracted with, in the same country, making money, not for profit, or a government entity.

#15 OFFLINE   snappjay

snappjay

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 107 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:30 AM

To answer your question about the directv.com login. Yes you will still be able to log on to the web and see all of your account including past billing.

Thanks for the info!

East KY represent! Prestonsburg roots.
TV Vizio VF551XVT
Receivers HR-34/700

#16 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:40 PM

This isn't correct once the disconnect request is completed the website will no longer allow access until there is an active account associated with the login.

#17 OFFLINE   revolg

revolg

AllStar

• Registered
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:40 PM

With being a mover and the tech calls a nlos dtv will cancel your account without charge.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...