Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Amazing Race - Fall 2012

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,969 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:40 PM

It is in the guide and set to air Sunday night at 8:00. And since the 30th is not a CBS DH night, it should start on time. Looks like they upped the prize to $2M.

Saw a promo the other night with the team of a professional rocker and an entertainment lawyer and I didn't know which was which. Looks interesting.

My Setup

Why can I get to the "Adult's Only" area faster than I can get to the "ToDo" List?  DirecTV, that is messed up!!!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,024 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:46 PM

It's not Dee Snider is it? He did Celebrity Apprentice last season, "We're Not Gonna Take It" income must be a little slow these days. ;)

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#3 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:49 PM

Of course this season gets a nice little boost before it even starts by winning the Emmy yet again one week before the season premier.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#4 ONLINE   Herdfan

Herdfan

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 5,969 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:22 AM

It's not Dee Snider is it?

Nope. James Lomenzo. Bassist for White Lion.

My Setup

Why can I get to the "Adult's Only" area faster than I can get to the "ToDo" List?  DirecTV, that is messed up!!!

#5 OFFLINE   Indiana627

Indiana627

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:51 AM

I believe the prize is $2 million only if the team that wins the first leg is the winner.

It got me to thinking that they should up the pot for each leg the ultimate winner won. Start with base pot of $1 million, then for each leg you win, add another $100,000 for just your team. So if you win 4 legs and are winner, then you get $1.4 million. Give them something to race for each leg other than not being last.
Mark

"We named the dog Indiana."
Family Room: HR24-100; WD10EVCS 1TB drive in Antec MX-1; connected via HDMI to Denon AVR-2313CI; 5.1 setup with Boston Acoustics A250 fronts, A225C center, A25 surrounds, ASW650 sub; video to Sony 52W4100 via HDMI; hardwired to Linksys WRT54G
Bedroom: HR21-200 with AM21 & Philips PHDTV1 Antenna, HDMI to Dynex 32" TV; hardwired to Linksys WRT54G
(1) Slimline 3 LBN dish (2 lines direct to each HR2x. No multiswitch.)
D* since January 2003

#6 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,488 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 26 September 2012 - 11:01 AM

That is my understanding, the winner wins either $1 or $2 million, depending on the result of the first leg.

If I were racing, I think I'd like your method better than winning a bunch of trips.

#7 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,118 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:38 PM

That is my understanding, the winner wins either $1 or $2 million, depending on the result of the first leg.

If I were racing, I think I'd like your method better than winning a bunch of trips.

Looking forward to this season. Hope they keep giving out prizes to pit-stop winners, in addition to possibly winning $2m. Only one team will win it. The trips would be good consolation prizes for those that take a pit-stop win during the season, but don't cross the finish line first.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#8 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,145 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:11 PM

I really have to stop picking people in the first ep to root for. Because the one couple I kind of thought it would be cool to root for right from the get go were the first eliminated. Oh well, after a couple more eps I'll get a better idea of the personalities of the team and figure out who I like, until then I'll just enjoy the scenery and the challenges.

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#9 OFFLINE   jodyguercio

jodyguercio

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:18 AM

I'll get it out of the way now as I know it's going to happen more than once this season...........READ THE FRAKKING CLUES!!!!!!!

How hard is it people?

I like the "twist" as it were, but as to who has the shot at winning the "big" prize, I don't think that team is going to make it to final two. One of them is too full of themselves and the other is stuck on la la la mode. We haven't picked a favorite team yet but with this crop that may be a while.
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown

LIVE SIMPLE, LOVE GENEROUSLY , CARE DEEPLY, SPEAK KINDLY AND LEAVE THE REST TO GOD

#10 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,824 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 19 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

Hmmm.... the last two episodes were.... unexpected. Isn't this the second time that a team lost their passports, and the first time a taxi took off with a team's stuff. Plus, the unexpected airline delay with two teams arriving after the first time checked in. What a mess.
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

#11 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,145 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:20 PM

Hmmm.... the last two episodes were.... unexpected. Isn't this the second time that a team lost their passports, and the first time a taxi took off with a team's stuff. Plus, the unexpected airline delay with two teams arriving after the first time checked in. What a mess.

Yeah I noticed that they didn't even tell you what times the teams were leaving from the pit-stop like they always do. I guess they didn't want people to know how far apart the teams are on time right now. I'm not sure I remember seeing a season where there was such a large gap between those at the front of the pack and those at the end. I sense a big equalizer coming up next ep. The first available flight for the next leg probably won't leave for 12 hours or something to let those near the back catch up.

#12 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,824 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:45 PM

A few years ago, there was a situation where teams were leaving the pit stop before the last teams arrived.
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera

#13 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,176 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:10 AM

Yeah, I remember the team where one had Asperger's lost one of their passports which (according to articles online later) was turned into the US Embassy later on.

Then there was the team member, just in the past couple of seasons, who lost their passport at a gas station on the first leg but someone found it and brought it to the airport since they were fans of The Amazing Race, saw the camera crews and figured that's where they were headed.

#14 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,145 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

The first available flight for the next leg probably won't leave for 12 hours or something to let those near the back catch up.

Well what do you know, there weren't any flights available for over 12 hours, how convenient. :rolleyes: At least it was made interesting by the fact that pretty much everyone took a different flight. It wasn't one of those everyone caught up with each other and they were all on the same flight.

#15 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,824 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:10 PM

I'm betting that Abbie & Ryan and James & Abba will show up again in a future race.

#16 OFFLINE   Indiana627

Indiana627

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

I liked James and Abba - wouldn't mind seeing them again.

Abbie and Ryan - not so much. Well Abbie yes, but not Ryan.
Mark

"We named the dog Indiana."
Family Room: HR24-100; WD10EVCS 1TB drive in Antec MX-1; connected via HDMI to Denon AVR-2313CI; 5.1 setup with Boston Acoustics A250 fronts, A225C center, A25 surrounds, ASW650 sub; video to Sony 52W4100 via HDMI; hardwired to Linksys WRT54G
Bedroom: HR21-200 with AM21 & Philips PHDTV1 Antenna, HDMI to Dynex 32" TV; hardwired to Linksys WRT54G
(1) Slimline 3 LBN dish (2 lines direct to each HR2x. No multiswitch.)
D* since January 2003

#17 OFFLINE   jlop

jlop

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:42 PM

I liked James and Abba - wouldn't mind seeing them again.

Yeah I'd like to see them again. They played the game well and only lost because of a freak incident.

#18 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,176 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:19 AM

Heck, they lost because of a SERIES of freak incidents..

- falling into an open sewer and screwing up a knee.
- having other teams STEAL their money.
- having a cab driver STEAL their stuff.

As time went on, they really grew on me.

#19 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,145 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:17 AM

So we're down to the final four with the two hour finale coming this sunday. So who'll be the winner? Of course the best story would be the underdog goat farmers, who have come in last or second to last almost every round and have survived by the skin of their teeth the whole season. Or of course the Chippendale who's going to donate his winnings to his Dad with cancer. But I'm thinking the young couple from Texas is going to take it myself.

#20 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,824 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

I would love to see the goat farmers win it over the gang of six.

spam firewall