Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Amazing Race - Fall 2012

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Indiana627

Indiana627

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

As long as it's not the "twinnies" I'll be happy.
Mark

"We named the dog Indiana."
Family Room: HR24-100; WD10EVCS 1TB drive in Antec MX-1; connected via HDMI to Denon AVR-2313CI; 5.1 setup with Boston Acoustics A250 fronts, A225C center, A25 surrounds, ASW650 sub; video to Sony 52W4100 via HDMI; hardwired to Linksys WRT54G
Bedroom: HR21-200 with AM21 & Philips PHDTV1 Antenna, HDMI to Dynex 32" TV; hardwired to Linksys WRT54G
(1) Slimline 3 LBN dish (2 lines direct to each HR2x. No multiswitch.)
D* since January 2003

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,161 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

Well they probably couldn't have scripted a better ending. I mean talk about the ultimate underdogs winning. I'm sure there's never been a winner that's never won a single leg until the final one before and on top of that not only did they never win a leg but they were always last or second to last in about every leg, hanging on by the slightest margins!

"The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair." - Douglas Adams

"Who would rule a nation when he could have easier work, such as carrying water uphill in a sieve?" - Robert Jordan

#23 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,862 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

I liked it. This was a nice "come from way behind" victory. I had a funny feeling something was up when they showed the greeters saying "Ni Hao (Hello)."
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

#24 OFFLINE   djlong

djlong

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,203 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:20 AM

Un-be-freaking-lievable.

We all watched it last night (wife was out of town so I had to promise her I wouldn't watch until she got back and my daughter agreed to go along with it).

The level of denial of the Twinnies was unreal. The longer the series went on, the more I disliked them after originally liking them. They simply couldn't believe that they were being beaten. I'm glad, however, that they showed good sportsmanship at the finale (unlike a certain other all-girl team from a few seasons ago).

Protected By... spam firewall...And...