Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34: Version 0x05C2 Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#21 ONLINE   lgb0250

lgb0250

Legend

• Registered
  • 254 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:44 AM

Watching CNBC this morning and it is having break up on the audio! Also an on again off again flickering in the display. Not sure it's CNBC or D* problem.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   raott

raott

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:20 AM

Screen saver popped on yesterday while watching a show.
SONY KDS-55A3000 and a couple of Vizios; SWM16; HR34 NR; HR22 NR; HR20-700 NR; H23-600 NR; R22 NR

#23 OFFLINE   Carl Spock

Carl Spock

Superfly

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:55 AM

I'm getting the recording pop-up today on ESPN2 on Mike and Mike In The Morning. It's never been on ESPN2 before. It wasn't on ESPNU's Unite morning show early in the day but is now.
hangin' with the bros at 40 Eridani A

#24 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,876 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 12:07 PM

I'm getting the recording pop-up today on ESPN2 on Mike and Mike In The Morning. It's never been on ESPN2 before. It wasn't on ESPNU's Unite morning show early in the day but is now.

I've spent a bit of time today trying to recreate this and I'm not seeing these pop ups at all. Do you leave your HR34 on or put it in standby? I put mine in standby so of course I don't always have a buffer. I'm wondering if I don't see them because of that. I'll wait a few hours and then change channels to ESPN, ESPN2, etc, and see what happens.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#25 OFFLINE   nmetro

nmetro

Godfather

• Registered
  • 623 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:23 PM

Screen saver popped on yesterday while watching a show.

Same here, it happened three times in the span of 5 minutes on the Denver CBS Affiliate last night between 7:50 PM and 8:00 PM. Eventually, changing to another channel and back stopped it from doing it.

Earlier, in the same hour, there were several sound drop outs. Again, changing the channel fixed it.

Also, the recording pop up happens randomly on any channel. Sometimes it shows up when gong to a new channel, sometimes it shows up when one checks on info.

Another twist the Sportsinfo popup comes up on channels ,which may not have that service. BeIN Sports did last evening. Hit the red button; nothing.

Looks like the new release with Genie is causing mischief as in Jinn (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jinn).

#26 OFFLINE   gio12

gio12

Icon

• Registered
  • 836 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:53 PM

My Whole Home issues persist. It's amazingly frustrating that for 4 straight firmware updates now , my HR34 cannot see my HR24 boxes and vice versa. WH was fine when I got the HR34 for many months, until it wasn't. Super super annoyed ...

Same here. Every time I get an update, I loose it and have to do the network set-up gain. This time I can not get it to work! restarted the HR34 and everything! My HR21 can see the HR34, but not vice versa.

Any idea folks?

#27 OFFLINE   BuffaloDenny

BuffaloDenny

Icon

• Registered
  • 691 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

I received a message saying that I needed to turn double play off on my 2nd tuner if I wanted to record a 2nd show. Hmmmmm, 5 tuners shouldn't necessitate that type of message when only 2 shows are recording. I subsequently tested recording 5 shows at once, and it did, but the messages with this release are annoying and confusing.
HR20-100S/Seagate
H20-100
Panasonic TH-58PZ800U Plasma
Pioneer Elite AVR SC-05
Toshiba HD-A1 HD DVD
Sony PS3 Blu-Ray

#28 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,028 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:19 PM

I received a message saying that I needed to turn double play off on my 2nd tuner if I wanted to record a 2nd show. Hmmmmm, 5 tuners shouldn't necessitate that type of message when only 2 shows are recording. I subsequently tested recording 5 shows at once, and it did, but the messages with this release are annoying and confusing.

Genie will occasionally use four tuners.
DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#29 OFFLINE   Vesper

Vesper

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 09:23 PM

DirecTV2PC still isn't showing folders.

#30 OFFLINE   gimp

gimp

AllStar

• Registered
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:40 PM

My HR34 updated last night. I have 2TB & AM21 attached. New problems since update:

1) no audio or video on ch242

2) no sound on random channels. E.g., csi recording from last night has no sound but sap works (first time we ever used sap; it was hilarious).

3) OTA channels a/v stutter; didn't before.

4) while recording last resort there was no sound. Which is why I tried switching to OTA. Stopping recording didn't help.

5) menus are now very very slow to respond.

In an attempt to get things working again I turned OFF genie and restarted. Nothing got any better.

Maybe it wasn't such a great idea to make such a big change during network premiere week. I missed a bunch of premieres tonight due to these problems.

#31 OFFLINE   T-Mac

T-Mac

AllStar

• Registered
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:28 AM

This update is bad. Genie seems like a feature most people won't use and the pop-up messages "to record this program" are VERY ANNOYING and completely unnecessary.

The white triangles on so many channels in the guide are ugly and bring clutter to what was a simple, clean interface.

DirecTV seems to be going the way of many software companies with "feature bloat". How about just refining the features most people use and getting those to be rock-solid?

#32 OFFLINE   Jason Whiddon

Jason Whiddon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:31 AM

Agreed.
65" VT50 / BDP-S6200
X4000 / Outlaw Model 7125
Klipsch RF82 II and RC62 II / Hsu VTF-15H (2)
Directv HR44-200 / HR24-500

#33 OFFLINE   gimp

gimp

AllStar

• Registered
  • 105 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 08:39 AM

This update is bad. Genie seems like a feature most people won't use and the pop-up messages "to record this program" are VERY ANNOYING and completely unnecessary.

The white triangles on so many channels in the guide are ugly and bring clutter to what was a simple, clean interface.

DirecTV seems to be going the way of many software companies with "feature bloat". How about just refining the features most people use and getting those to be rock-solid?

Agreed. As a former early TiVo adopter I never liked Tivo's version and always turned it off. Based on the activity in this thread it seems my problems are unique?

#34 OFFLINE   usnret

usnret

Icon

• Registered
  • 584 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:08 AM

I just checked my "to do" list on on 34. It showed a "Vegas" recording set to run on Sunday. Near as I could tell, it's not even on Sunday. So I hit the red button to cancel it, hit Select and up pops a window saying that it is recording now. Whats that all about?
I have not turned Genie on, nor will I after reading of all the problems. I have put up with a lot of "boo boo's" with the 34 and now they add this "bonus". What are you thinking D??
Seems like they keep piling on the problems to this DVR with out a care in the world about fixing problems first.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

#35 OFFLINE   some_raisins

some_raisins

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 10:09 AM

I have most series set to "First-Run", but as we all know sometimes all episodes get added by mistake.

I went to delete some recordings from the To-Do list and was prompted with the message: "Show Has Already Started Recording". Then after I selected I still wanted to delete the episode, I was asked if I wanted to keep the partial recording.

This was from a show that isn't airing for a week, not a current one.

I noticed the same thing.

I just got DTV installed yesterday & my HR34 updated to this release immediately. But everything I set to record recorded, and everything that I watched had audio. I did enable the Dolby audio for shows that have Dolby. Menus/guides are responsive enough. Probably on-par with the Dish VIP722k that I just replaced. I'm glad I was able to disable the scroll feature in the HR34 guide. I'll have to check into the 30skip thing I see mentioned here...

#36 OFFLINE   gregftlaud

gregftlaud

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:13 AM

Gio12 i'm having the same exact problem with whole home and have been since i got my HR34 a few months ago my HR21 can see my HR34 but at times my 34 cant see my 21. A restart always fixes it. I normally lose ability to see my HR21 from my HR34 like once a week so doing the restart thing is beginning to get on my nerves........hate restarting for a little glitch like this.

Edited by gregftlaud, 28 September 2012 - 05:20 PM.

#37 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,876 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:15 AM

Gio12 i'm having the same exact problem with whole home and have been since i got my HR34 a few months ago only difference is my HR21 can see my HR34 (it's not both ways). A restart always fixes it. I normally lose ability to see my HR21 from my HR34 like once a week. Never had an issue with my HR21 seeing my 34. Seems very odd for the 21 to be able to see my 34 when at times my 34 cant "see" my 21.

I was having intermittant loss of HR2X servers on my setup as well until this newest version.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#38 OFFLINE   nmetro

nmetro

Godfather

• Registered
  • 623 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:36 AM

OK. I turned off Genie and some of things I was experiencing are no longer happening.

That is, I have not seen the DirecTV screen saver.

Various recording popups remain. Record program and go back to beginning of a program being recorded. Turning off Recording Tips does not work.

I am suspecting the DirecTV screen saver issue may have been the result of Genie wanting all 5 tuners to use at once.

The programming guide issue still exists.

As for dropped audio issue, it has not happened again, since Genie has been turned off.

Edited by nmetro, 28 September 2012 - 07:19 PM.

#39 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,028 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:35 PM

Premieres - Is OK, appears to be fairly accurate.

Top 20 - At least half are unbelievable being in the Top 20

Kids - Never populated, so have no idea.

Spanish - Didn't Look

By Interest - Missing 'Sports', 'SciFi', 'Horror', 'Science', etc.

By Show Type - Missing 'Series', 'Sport Events', Have no idea what 'Standup' is because it never populated.

Summary - Useless
DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#40 OFFLINE   gregftlaud

gregftlaud

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:23 PM

I'm curious at to why with all the glitches still needing to be ironed out with the HR34....why there wuld be such a huge type of software update like this including this brand new "service" (Genie)???

Also why only the 34 and not other DVR's? B/c the 34 has more space?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...