Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34: Version 0x05C2 Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   ejjames

ejjames

Icon

• Registered
  • 896 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 08:03 PM

These are the triangles that lead to the VOD channels, correct? Does it do anything else? Is there a new PIP function with this software? I thought a post gave that impression.

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• marker.JPG

Former USSB uplink operator.

USSB from '95 to '99

DirecTv since '95

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#62 OFFLINE   BakeBarry

BakeBarry

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:12 PM

My issues are the following:

The box seems to lose HDMI connectivity whenever I start a new show from the list of recordings, so I have to turn everything off and back on --then it works fine.

When I want to delete a show from a future date, it always acts as if the recording has already started, even if it is days in the future.

The dual tuners don't work any longer. One tuner will always stick.

So far, I hate this update.

#63 OFFLINE   ejjames

ejjames

Icon

• Registered
  • 896 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:38 PM

The dual tuners don't work any longer. One tuner will always stick.

So far, I hate this update.

The HR34 has 5 SAT tuners, not 2.

USSB from '95 to '99

DirecTv since '95

#64 OFFLINE   jcwest

jcwest

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 300 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:13 AM

Last week pip on NFL ST was perfect. Really enjoyed using it.
The 5c2 update killed pip, after a while sometimes long sometimes quick the small screen would just freeze while the main screen played properly.

If I switch screens and hit the jump back button play would restart and last for a while.

After foolin' around with it I did a menu reboot to try and restore function, did not work.
What the reboot did was wipe out my to do list beyond a week out. The guide was complete but all scheduled programs were dropped.

J C:mad:

Edit: After more testing what was locking up PIP was to tune to the same channel on the full screen as the PIP window (this worked before s/w update). Shortly after tuning to the full screen the PIP window will freeze every time. Work around is to skip channel on full screen that is currently in the PIP window, works ok otherwise.

J C

HR20-700
HR34-700 AM21
HR21-200 AM21N
HR21-200

#65 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,071 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:27 AM

These are the triangles that lead to the VOD channels, correct? Does it do anything else? Is there a new PIP function with this software? I thought a post gave that impression.

Thanks

Yes, those are the triangles that indicate a channel has VOD content. They aren't connected to PIP.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#66 OFFLINE   BakeBarry

BakeBarry

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:05 AM

The HR34 has 5 SAT tuners, not 2.

Ummmm, Yes, I know. :eek2:

The dual live buffers don't work properly.

#67 OFFLINE   ejjames

ejjames

Icon

• Registered
  • 896 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:43 AM

Ummmm, Yes, I know. :eek2:

The dual live buffers don't work properly.

You're referring to 'Double Play', correct? I used it on my HR34 yesterday during football and didn't notice a problem. What are your symptoms?

USSB from '95 to '99

DirecTv since '95

#68 OFFLINE   Carl Spock

Carl Spock

Superfly

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:57 AM

Yesterday I found my HR34 having the same channel on both sides of Double Play. I had Double Play set up to allow me to switch between a football game and the Ryder's Cup matches, only to find golf on both sides. When I tried to fix it, I ended up with golf on both sides. My situation, along with another poster who experienced the same thing on PIP, is being discussed in this thread.
hangin' with the bros at 40 Eridani A

#69 OFFLINE   Curtis0620

Curtis0620

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

I just got a new HR34 with 2 HR24s installed. I activated Genie but, 3 days later nothing is recording with Genie. Is this normal.?
HR34-700
HR24-200
HR24-200

#70 OFFLINE   BakeBarry

BakeBarry

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 11:48 AM

You're referring to 'Double Play', correct? I used it on my HR34 yesterday during football and didn't notice a problem. What are your symptoms?

Since the update, sometimes when I use double play, the show on the tuner that I am not currently watching locks up.

I hit the down arrow from one show that is working fine, and when I get to the other channel, it's stuck on a static image. So I have to change the channel on that tuner -- losing what was there.

It's fussier when I am using one or more of the three other tuners for other recordings.

I hope that the next update solves some of these problems since they mostly just started w. this current software.

#71 OFFLINE   raott

raott

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,145 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:34 PM

I received a message saying that I needed to turn double play off on my 2nd tuner if I wanted to record a 2nd show. Hmmmmm, 5 tuners shouldn't necessitate that type of message when only 2 shows are recording. I subsequently tested recording 5 shows at once, and it did, but the messages with this release are annoying and confusing.

Genie will occasionally use four tuners.

IMO, Genie should never interfere with viewing. Genie should simply quietly give up one (or more if necessary) of the tuners it is using without a peep.
SONY KDS-55A3000 and a couple of Vizios; SWM16; HR34 NR; HR22 NR; HR20-700 NR; H23-600 NR; R22 NR

#72 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 216 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:58 AM

What the heck is Genie?

BTW: I too am annoyed as hell with the "Too record this program" prompt. If I don't use EXIT to lose it, or if I don't wait for it to go away by itself, the next function button I press on the remote while the prompt is still being displayed won't work unless I press it twice. The first press only loses the stupid, unnecessary prompt. Thanks.

#73 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 216 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:02 AM

I'm watching a recorded video and I press the FFWD button and the HR34 mysteriously switches to the tuner all by itself. Same thing happened once when I was going frame-by-frame through a recorded video. Thanks.

Yesterday I was watching a program on the tuner and the HR34 mysteriously switched to another channel. I wasn't even holding the remote.

Edited by jibberyerkibber, 06 October 2012 - 05:50 AM.
Add something

#74 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,071 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:10 AM

IMO, Genie should never interfere with viewing. Genie should simply quietly give up one (or more if necessary) of the tuners it is using without a peep.

I couldn't agree more. I'd go so far as saying Genie should never comandeer more than 2 tuners at a time either.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#75 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Never say 'never'.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,376 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:38 AM

I couldn't agree more. I'd go so far as saying Genie should never comandeer more than 2 tuners at a time either.

I'm not normally a "me-tooer", but, me, too!
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#76 OFFLINE   Carl Spock

Carl Spock

Superfly

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:36 AM

BTW: I too am annoyed as hell with the "Too record this program" prompt.

I was told this will be solved shortly. Until then, are you like me and had either none or or just one Series Recordings? I only had one on my HR34. I hadn't transfered my Series Manager settings over to my HR34 from my other DVRs yet.

The solution was to set ups some series recordings. I put in 10 of them and the "To record this episode" prompt went away.

In other words, the problem was ameliorated.

:sure:

#77 OFFLINE   GregAmy

GregAmy

AllStar

• Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:43 AM

- Whole Home is spotty at best. HR34 can't see content on two of the three other HR2x units and only one of the HR2x can see the 34. Restarts don't seem to fix it, nor does going through the network setup.

- Actions pressed on the remote are "ignored" on occasion, as if the line-of-sight were blocked. Commands are not queued up. For example when trying to FF it does not FF and the progress bar stays up until control comes back 15-20 seconds later.

- Hitting play from the recorded list makes the preview in the upper left go black but the sound or the playing TV continues, and it takes sometimes as long as 5-10 seconds for the recorded show to start.

- Same as above where I try to cancel something from the to-do list and I'm told it's already being recorded.

- Genie has no clue what I like to watch. About as wrong as it can get.

Buggy.

#78 OFFLINE   raott

raott

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,145 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:23 PM

- Whole Home is spotty at best. HR34 can't see content on two of the three other HR2x units and only one of the HR2x can see the 34. Restarts don't seem to fix it, nor does going through the network setup.

- Actions pressed on the remote are "ignored" on occasion, as if the line-of-sight were blocked. Commands are not queued up. For example when trying to FF it does not FF and the progress bar stays up until control comes back 15-20 seconds later.

- Hitting play from the recorded list makes the preview in the upper left go black but the sound or the playing TV continues, and it takes sometimes as long as 5-10 seconds for the recorded show to start.

- Same as above where I try to cancel something from the to-do list and I'm told it's already being recorded.

- Genie has no clue what I like to watch. About as wrong as it can get.

Buggy.

For you whole home issues, you may want to make sure all connections are secure. I had previous intermittent issues (before I had an HR34) where the boxes would lose sight on occasion and found the coax and worked its way loose from the DECA boxes. Resecuring took care of the issue.
SONY KDS-55A3000 and a couple of Vizios; SWM16; HR34 NR; HR22 NR; HR20-700 NR; H23-600 NR; R22 NR

#79 OFFLINE   chris_h

chris_h

Mentor/Supporter

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:29 PM

I've been having a problem with my HR34 not recording sunday night football (SNF) via a manual recording for the past 3 weeks. It also cancelled my recording of SNF on my HR24 for some odd reason. I don't suspect that this is related to the current firmware (since the problem predates the current firmware version). Is there a list of known bugs and work-arounds for the HR34 that someone can point me to via a linky please? Thanks in advance.
Chris

#80 OFFLINE   Carl Spock

Carl Spock

Superfly

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:42 PM

chris_h, this thread along with the thread on the previous version of the firmware would be your two best lists.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...