Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34: Version 0x05C2 Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   GregAmy

GregAmy

AllStar

• Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:32 PM

- Whole Home is spotty at best. HR34 can't see content on two of the three other HR2x units and only one of the HR2x can see the 34. Restarts don't seem to fix it, nor does going through the network setup.

I had a HR34 installed Sunday and it can only see 2 of 3 other dvrs, however the other dvr's see each other and the hr34...

Got the idea from another thread...static IP'ing all four units seems to have resolved this. Prob was the HR2x could see the HR-34, but the HR-34 would see the HR2x (sometimes).

Let's see if this "solution" lasts.

GA

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#102 OFFLINE   don s

don s

Mentor

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 05:28 PM

Got the idea from another thread...static IP'ing all four units seems to have resolved this. Prob was the HR2x could see the HR-34, but the HR-34 would see the HR2x (sometimes).

Let's see if this "solution" lasts.

GA

Thanks. I have had a static ip now for all my boxes for a week or so, still no luck for me. I thought it would work too.

#103 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

Have a new issue with this release, that concerns me. I have a series recording set up for a program called "What Would You Do?". It shows that it is set up to record, but when I check the "List" nothing is recording. I check the info and status bar and it clearly shows the R with the orange circles, but the status bar is green. And the program just prior called "Shark Tank", on the same channel, recorded fine.

Now I have to worry whether the Genie in my HR34, that I haven't even let out of the bottle, will cause my HR34 to be unreliable? And I'm traveling all next week. When my program is over, I am going to try a reset and hope that resolves it.

Attached Thumbnails

• HR34 Issue 1.GIF
  • HR34 Issue 2.GIF

HR34-700, HR22-100

#104 OFFLINE   kepper

kepper

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:55 PM

Same problem as reported by others... Whole Home now flaky... sometimes every thing works well, then the HR34 won't see the HR24... but the HR 24 always sees the HR34. Problem started with the latest release. Reboots only seem to work for a day or two.

#105 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 214 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:58 AM

[quote name='onetimeonly00']My Issues:

1 - This issue is driving me up a wall. When rw'ing or ffw'ing a recorded program from one receiver on the other (I have an HR22 and HR34) it freezes and takes a few seconds before you can see what you are ffw'ing or rw'ing through. Once hitting play you wind up well past where you wanted to get to and it's difficult to get to the right spot since the picture freezes each time you ffwd or rwd.

Often when I FFWD on my HR34, likewise, the picture will simply freeze while the Hard Drive actually FFWSs "behind" the frozen frame. PLAY only restores the video to a point well ahead of where I started the FFWD. Then I have to use REWIND to see all that I missed.

#106 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 214 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:03 AM

I had a HR34 installed Sunday and it can only see 2 of 3 other dvrs, however the other dvr's see each other and the hr34..hoping for a fix. It is a great unit..Love PIP

I don't know what this means. What does "see each other" mean? I have an HR23, 24, and 34. Thanks.

#107 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 214 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:06 AM

Can someone tell me what Genie is? Thanks.

#108 OFFLINE   wingrider01

wingrider01

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:30 AM

Have a new issue with this release, that concerns me. I have a series recording set up for a program called "What Would You Do?". It shows that it is set up to record, but when I check the "List" nothing is recording. I check the info and status bar and it clearly shows the R with the orange circles, but the status bar is green. And the program just prior called "Shark Tank", on the same channel, recorded fine.

Now I have to worry whether the Genie in my HR34, that I haven't even let out of the bottle, will cause my HR34 to be unreliable? And I'm traveling all next week. When my program is over, I am going to try a reset and hope that resolves it.

curious - what are the settings for the series - both, first run or repeat. If I recall correctly it is picked up form the guide - which sometimes is not accurate

#109 OFFLINE   wingrider01

wingrider01

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 06:32 AM

Can someone tell me what Genie is? Thanks.

first look review is here -

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=209018

#110 OFFLINE   BuffaloDenny

BuffaloDenny

Icon

• Registered
  • 691 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:40 AM

Same problem as reported by others... Whole Home now flaky... sometimes every thing works well, then the HR34 won't see the HR24... but the HR 24 always sees the HR34. Problem started with the latest release. Reboots only seem to work for a day or two.

Yep, I'm seeing this too. More often than not the HR34 cannot see the HR24, but once in awhile it does. Just randomly pops up, nothing I am doing to make the HR34 see the HR24.
HR20-100S/Seagate
H20-100
Panasonic TH-58PZ800U Plasma
Pioneer Elite AVR SC-05
Toshiba HD-A1 HD DVD
Sony PS3 Blu-Ray

#111 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:27 AM

curious - what are the settings for the series - both, first run or repeat. If I recall correctly it is picked up form the guide - which sometimes is not accurate

It is set up for first run, but it was the first time that episode ran. Although we both know the info provided by Tribune may not have been correct. It was a program that started at like 8:02, instead of 8:00. Although that hasn't been an issue in the past.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#112 OFFLINE   sfenton

sfenton

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:33 PM

It is set up for first run, but it was the first time that episode ran. Although we both know the info provided by Tribune may not have been correct. It was a program that started at like 8:02, instead of 8:00. Although that hasn't been an issue in the past.

I think I had the same thing happen with Children's Hospital and NTSF this week. Children's Hospital started at midnight and I noticed the record light was not lit. The episode was in the TODO list but was also in History as cancelled saying the usual "does not match Season Pass settings". I think I did tune the channel while it was on and the recording R was in the banner. NTSF did not record either.

#113 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 214 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:33 AM

Thanks wingrider01. If it yields programs that reflect the various KEYWORDS I have on my RECENT SEARCH list, then I might find it useful. Otherwise, I'll have to see. BTW: I am deeply consternated by the fact that the maximum number of KEYWORDs that RECENT searches will contain is only 25. Why not more? I have to use both my HR34 and my HR24 to keep track of all of my KEYWORDS. The KEYWORD search function is very important to me. Thanks.

#114 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 214 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:42 AM

Six times my HR34 has frozen up since the 0x05c2 download. Way more than any of the previous software. For example, yesterday I pressed SELECT on a highlighted program on a search page and the HR34 froze for one full minute. With three of the other six freezes, waiting for a while like a minute or so has unfrozen the HR34. On 2 of the freezes I had to reboot. BTW: I'm going to nag and nag DTV until they make my HR34 FFWD > PLAY > BACKSPACE properly like both my HR23 and HR24 do. Thanks.

Addendum: Another crash today. Surfing the guide and a freeze. Screen turned pink. After 10 minutes the HR34 snapped out of it. No reboot. Then the screen turned pink again with no sound. Gave it 20 minutes. Reboot.

Edited by jibberyerkibber, 07 October 2012 - 12:23 PM.

#115 OFFLINE   raott

raott

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:38 PM

Having freeze-up issues as well. One yesterday occurred while navigating the guide and took an RBR to recover. The picture was still playing but nothing else worked. It's the second time the guide freeze-up occurred for me (the other one wasn't as severe as it eventually recovered on its own without a reset).

One today, the picture froze and required switching channels to recover.

I'm flabbergasted the decision was made to release the software in this state. All to get a feature (that has some significant issues of its own) out and that they don't seem to be advertising yet (at least I haven't seen any). Really disappointing.
SONY KDS-55A3000 and a couple of Vizios; SWM16; HR34 NR; HR22 NR; HR20-700 NR; H23-600 NR; R22 NR

#116 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Registered
  • 966 posts
  • Locationcolorado, in the mountains.....

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:46 PM

1st time this year that ScoreGuide worked on the ST channels....Maybe it has nothing to do with the Firmware?

HR44-500 HDMI to 42"Toshiba
HR21-100 HDMI to 32" LG and 20" AOC

Directv since 1996(the USSB,Pegasus days...)
...sometimes, there is no answer...
http://woodlandweather.org/

#117 OFFLINE   I WANT MORE

I WANT MORE

CowboySooner

• Registered
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationNorthern plains

Posted 08 October 2012 - 05:54 AM

Player Tracker working for the first time as well.
Perhaps I Misremembered.

#118 OFFLINE   chkinela

chkinela

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

Is anyone else still having HDMI issues with the HR34? I have been running component for months now with no end in sight. My old HR21 worked perfect for 4 years so its not the cable. I've got a new AV receiver on the way. I plan on running HDMI and Component to the TV. If I run HDMI from the HR34 to the receiver will I have an issue pushing that through the component out from the AV receiver to the TV?

#119 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,133 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:55 PM

No HDMI issues between my 34 and my Denon.

#120 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,718 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 08 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

Nor on mine, a new Denon, 1613, and a two year old Samsung plasma. After a few days, though, I decided to run HMDI from the '34 to the TV and optical cable back to the AVR for audio.

I see no reason to ever again use component in my setup.

Good luck!
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...