Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34: Version 0x05C2 Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#121 OFFLINE   nsykes

nsykes

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:13 PM

I am wondering if I have a setting wrong. When we go to sleep at night we place the HR34 on local PBS with the intention of watching kids shows in the morning and being able to rewind as soon as we power up. In the past I would always have the live buffer and was able to rewind roughly 2 hours.

Now I have no live buffer every morning.

Any thoughts?

#122 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,980 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 08 October 2012 - 11:33 PM

Set it to record, series link.

(Don't mean to be flip, but until the buffer gets straightened out, that's what I'd do.)
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#123 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,848 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:44 AM

I am wondering if I have a setting wrong. When we go to sleep at night we place the HR34 on local PBS with the intention of watching kids shows in the morning and being able to rewind as soon as we power up. In the past I would always have the live buffer and was able to rewind roughly 2 hours.

Any thoughts?

I've had the same issue for quite a while. I just leave my HR34 on all the time, then you have a buffer in the morning. If the panel is too bright, you can dim it. Its been said that this is not an issue, its the way the HR34 works. Although its strange that it sometimes it will buffer with it off and other times it won't.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#124 OFFLINE   ejjames

ejjames

Icon

• Registered
  • 896 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 06:45 AM

I've noticed a quirk with my 34. It's fairly new, but I don't think I've noticed it until the latest software release.

When I'm in the "to do" menu, and select a future recording to be canceled, it tells me the program is currently being recorded, and do I want to cancel. It then asks to keep it or delete it. This occurs even if the recording is days away.

Attached Thumbnails

• a.JPG
  • b.JPG

Former USSB uplink operator.

USSB from '95 to '99

DirecTv since '95

#125 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,802 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:06 AM

I've noticed a quirk with my 34. It's fairly new, but I don't think I've noticed it until the latest software release.

When I'm in the "to do" menu, and select a future recording to be canceled, it tells me the program is currently being recorded, and do I want to cancel. It then asks to keep it or delete it. This occurs even if the recording is days away.

I'm seeing the same thing and others have reported it as well. I'm pretty sure this is an across the board thing where we're all experiencing it.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#126 OFFLINE   Carl Spock

Carl Spock

Superfly

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:49 AM

Any thoughts?

nsykes, there is uncertainty as to whether or not there should be a live buffer when the HR34 is turned off. Some people say they intermittently have one which proves there should be one. Others who have never seen a live buffer on their HR34 are not so sure.

Until the matter is definitively resolved, the work-around that RACJ2 gave you is the best bet.
hangin' with the bros at 40 Eridani A

#127 OFFLINE   MrLatte

MrLatte

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:31 AM

I've had the same issue for quite a while. I just leave my HR34 on all the time, then you have a buffer in the morning. If the panel is too bright, you can dim it. Its been said that this is not an issue, its the way the HR34 works. Although its strange that it sometimes it will buffer with it off and other times it won't.

I leave mine on all the time and occasionally when I try and rewind back into the buffer it freezes up and I have to change the channel to restore it to live.

#128 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,980 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

I leave mine on all the time and occasionally when I try and rewind back into the buffer it freezes up and I have to change the channel to restore it to live.

That's why I suggest making a Series Link for anything you're (Not you, you!) interested in that might be a regular.

Having a backlog of kids' cartoons is probably a good idea anyhow.

#129 OFFLINE   lansbury

lansbury

AllStar

• Registered
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

Is anyone else still having HDMI issues with the HR34?

Yes not as bad or as frequent, but it is still there. A quick power off and on of the HR34 resolves it.

#130 OFFLINE   augisdad

augisdad

AllStar

• Registered
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:27 AM

nsykes, there is uncertainty as to whether or not there should be a live buffer when the HR34 is turned off. Some people say they intermittently have one which proves there should be one. Others who have never seen a live buffer on their HR34 are not so sure.

Until the matter is definitively resolved, the work-around that RACJ2 gave you is the best bet.

Was doing my own mini-marathon of Vegas last night with the TV buffering the NBC affilliate. After each episode, I had a buffer 90mins behind live - up until the last one when the buffer was dumped and I was back to live. So, it's definitely intermittent.
HR20-100 since 2008 w/27" Sony SDTV
HR34 since 4/3/2012 w/47" Mitsubishi HDTV
HMC since 4/3/2012

#131 OFFLINE   Skerlnik

Skerlnik

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:51 AM

Yes not as bad or as frequent, but it is still there. A quick power off and on of the HR34 resolves it.

Me too. TV goes black sometimes. Obviously has something to do with the HDMI handshake. Not sure if it's the TV, HR34, or Yamaha A3010. I know the DTV boxes have had issues handshaking with Yamaha and Denons, and it appears this may still be true. :nono2:

Power cycling the Yamaha or HR34 corrects it-- that is, until it happens again.

#132 OFFLINE   bmmarly

bmmarly

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:14 PM

I have exactly the same issue with all three of my RVUs unable to re-establish a connection to the HR34 after being powered off/on. HR34 reboot resolves the issue, until next TV power cycle. VERY frustrating. RVU is great, if only it WORKED!!

Anyone else seeing this issue/have a solution?

#133 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,980 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:10 PM

I have exactly the same issue with all three of my RVUs unable to re-establish a connection to the HR34 after being powered off/on. HR34 reboot resolves the issue, until next TV power cycle. VERY frustrating. RVU is great, if only it WORKED!!

Anyone else seeing this issue/have a solution?

Just leave the unit on, turn off the TV. Not elegant, but the box in "On" burns just a watt or two more than "Off".

#134 OFFLINE   bmmarly

bmmarly

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:57 PM

I wish it was that easy. The problem occurs after powering off the TV, not the HR34. The RVU TV does not re-connect after being powered off, and only re-booting the HR34 fixes the issue.

#135 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,755 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:28 PM

Posting this for a friend as this is the second time this week this has happened to him. He has Survivor set to record, and in the guide it has the record icon, but it wasn't actually recording.

History gives reason as Canceled because it does not match your show type settings or the program has already been recorded. (13)

This also happened with Mythbusters Sunday. I don't watch Survivor, but mine recorded Mythbusters fine.

He also had the screensaver come up while watching.

Edited by dpeters11, 10 October 2012 - 07:00 PM.

#136 OFFLINE   jcwest

jcwest

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 293 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:26 AM

Have had the HR34 for only two months.

Successfully recorded Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace via SL for several weeks.

After 5c2 update recording above was cancelled becaust it didn't natch criteria listed in SL, or whatever.

So, I deleted the SL and reset another via the menu.
Last Sunday the HR34 recorded TWO versions of the Fox New Sunday. Same channel and everything. Looked and only one SL shows up in Series Manager.

J C

HR20-700
HR34-700 AM21
HR21-200 AM21N
HR21-200

#137 OFFLINE   unixguru

unixguru

Godfather

• Registered
  • 570 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:07 AM

Was in the guide last night and used Green to jump ahead 12 hours. A few seconds later I hit Green again. Nothing happened.

Worse, all remote operations stopped working. Couldn't do anything - not even turn off. I didn't time it but was probably around 5 minutes.

I was about to pull the plug when it came back.

#138 OFFLINE   bnwrx

bnwrx

Icon

• Registered
  • 947 posts
  • Locationcolorado, in the mountains.....

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:59 AM

Was in the guide last night and used Green to jump ahead 12 hours. A few seconds later I hit Green again. Nothing happened.

Worse, all remote operations stopped working. Couldn't do anything - not even turn off. I didn't time it but was probably around 5 minutes.

I was about to pull the plug when it came back.

I've experienced this at times. Not many, and it has happened with other functions. It is like the HR has had a brain fart. I've learned patience with it though. It seems in a few minutes it comes back to normal.....:confused:

HR44-500 HDMI to 42"Toshiba
HR21-100 HDMI to 32" LG and 20" AOC

Directv since 1996(the USSB,Pegasus days...)
...sometimes, there is no answer...
http://woodlandweather.org/

#139 OFFLINE   gregftlaud

gregftlaud

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:26 AM

Just curious before I had a HR34 if I was watching live tv then went to watch a recorded program............finished, then back to live tv on that same channel there was always live buffer there. Now when I switch from live tv channel to watch something recorded on the HR34........finish then delete recording and go back to the same channel I was watching before there is no buffer. Is this something that is just how the HR34 operates.... or a glitch?

#140 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,802 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

Just curious before I had a HR34 if I was watching live tv then went to watch a recorded program............finished, then back to live tv on that same channel there was always live buffer there. Now when I switch from live tv channel to watch something recorded on the HR34........finish then delete recording and go back to the same channel I was watching before there is no buffer. Is this something that is just how the HR34 operates.... or a glitch?

Glitch
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

spam firewall