Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Receiver needs to restart?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   spacemanrocks

spacemanrocks

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:59 AM

Hey,

Just had direct hooked up yesterday and I am so happy with it :) Just a quick question. Last night around 10PM I had a message that my receiver needs to restart, and to allow it or postpone it. It didnt say anything about a software update or anything else, just that it needed to restart. I allowed it and it restarted, did it's self check, downloaded data from satellite etc, and I was back watching TV within 10 minutes. Just wondering if that was normal, or if my receiver may be having issues. Thanks. :)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Carl Spock

Carl Spock

Superfly

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:04 AM

Very normal. Your receiver will still be downloading stuff over the next day or two.

And welcome to DBSTalk, spacemanrocks! I saw your post over on the sibilance thread, too. You might want to continue to play with that. I can leave Dolby Digital on with mine without any problem but whatever sounds best in your home. It's just a big 110v powered toy.

I'm glad you are pleased with your new service. :)
hangin' with the bros at 40 Eridani A

#3 OFFLINE   spacemanrocks

spacemanrocks

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 09:17 AM

Great to know, thanks! I was worried during the install as I was getting signal strengths in the low 80's, but the tech did a great job figuring out the dish he originally installed must have been slightly bent, once he popped a new one on it worked like a charm :)

Yeah i'm gonna keep fiddling with my A/V receiver to sort the sibilance issue out, it sounds great right now but I would prefer to keep Dolby Digital enabled :)

spam firewall