Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sons of Anarchy ****Spoiler Alert****

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 922 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:02 PM

RIP Opie...never saw that one coming
My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Registered
  • 569 posts
  • LocationThumb web of the mitten :>)

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:51 PM

You and me both. Holy €£$% snacks. I got chills when I saw that.

#3 OFFLINE   Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411

Icon

• Registered
  • 614 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:43 PM

Just watched, very uncomfortable kill, wonder how they filmed that or if they used all CG.

Is this the last season or second to last?

#4 OFFLINE   narcolept

narcolept

Godfather

• Registered
  • 355 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 10:53 AM

Is this the last season or second to last?

I believe with the recent extension there's 2 left after this one. I'm pretty sure it's scheduled for 6 right now, and the belief is that Sutter's story arc will cover 7 seasons and then end.

With the fact that it's competing with network shows in that slot numbers wise, I imagine they will continue through the planned exit.

#5 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,991 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:07 AM

I believe there last contract added 2 more seasons, which would take them to the end of season 7. My guess is that will be the end. I think Sutter said he originally only planned for 5 seasons, but decided that 7 would work ok. The Shield was also 7 seasons long.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#6 OFFLINE   mrro82

mrro82

Legend

• Registered
  • 569 posts
  • LocationThumb web of the mitten :>)

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:28 PM

Pretty somber episode as it should be this week.

#7 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 922 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:48 AM

Saw the Clay thing comin!

#8 OFFLINE   jkane

jkane

Icon

• Registered
  • 695 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:49 AM

Yep! Everytime Clay would act all weak and agreeable, my wife would look at me and say "what's he up to?" :nono:
- Jeff
922, 722, 501.

#9 OFFLINE   jkane

jkane

Icon

• Registered
  • 695 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:52 AM

However ... what about the metal leg on a guy at the first break in at the former police chief's house? I don't think any of the 3 new guys at the table have a prosthetic. Or, did I see that scene wrong and read too much into it?
- Jeff
922, 722, 501.

#10 OFFLINE   Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411

Icon

• Registered
  • 614 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:42 AM

I saw a prosthetic as well, figured it was a call back to a character in past seasons but I don't know who.

#11 OFFLINE   Holydoc

Holydoc

Legend

• Registered
  • 231 posts
  • LocationPanhandle, FL

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:35 AM

I saw a prosthetic as well, figured it was a call back to a character in past seasons but I don't know who.

One of the nomads put his prostetic leg on one of the Sons shoulders in the first episode this season while they were sitting around the judgement table.

#12 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 922 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

Wow...what a season

#13 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Registered
  • 1,513 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

Wow...what a season

Yes, AWESOME season. Here is a nice article with producer Kurt Sutter who also plays Otto http://www.monstersa...ght-to-season-6

LG Cinema Screen 47LM7600
Pioneer VSX-1120
X1 unit and yes it's Comcastic
Comcast Triple Play

#14 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,447 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

Just finished watching this season's series. Yeah, Opie was a good character, sad to see him leave.

I watched season 4 before watching this year's series. First I watched four episodes on a DVD that my son bought. Then I watched the next four episodes on NetFlix streaming and couldn't tell the difference. Did the same thing with the rest of the episodes. Really couldn't see any difference in PQ at all.

Then I started watching the new shows and thought my TV had something wrong with it, PQ was not nearly as good. Somehow or other I had all 10 of my MRV HRs record the series and switched to another HR. Same PQ. New TV. Got upset and went upstairs and tried it on my new 60" Panny. Same thing.

Now, I'm really puzzled. Then I look at the channel logo and see "FX". Whip out my TV remote and hit the INFO button and it's in 720p. Never expected that. I know Fox broadcasts in 720p, but I didn't think FX would. Very noticeable difference. At least nothing was broken.

Before anyone goes berserk, I am not comparing 1080i to 720p. I'm comparing 1080p to 720p. I get all my content from NF in 1080p/60. Or 1080p/24 for BDs.

Rich

#15 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,447 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

Saw the Clay thing comin!

I thought he'd be the one to die. Poor Opie.

Rich

#16 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,447 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 08 December 2012 - 01:24 PM

Wow...what a season

So much happened in so little time, it seemed. Jimmy Smits was great in this show, didn't care much for the character he played in Dexter. Bring him back, I say.

I'm gonna watch it again as soon as NF puts into its streaming content.

Rich

Protected By... spam firewall...And...