Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Mindy Project

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:36 PM

another of those incessant yak, yak, yak kind of comedies. And like all too many, not funny at all.

I lasted 10 minutes and quit and killed off the timer.

Lloyd
Receiver : DirecTV Genie HR44-700, Dish Hopper w/Sling & Super Joey
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,829 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:43 PM

Do you like anything new? :lol: You've dogged like every new show.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#3 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 05:49 PM

I guess the mod can kill my Mindy thread which started just after this one. So I'll just post in here instead...

Ok, I admit I was seriously skeptical. I like eye candy and Mindy Kaling is no eye candy. In fact, she's kind of painful to look at at times. But she's a good writer and just like "Ugly Betty", the show allows the star to be "less than lovely" in the show, they treat the character realistically, which is what made Ugly Betty work and it works again here. And it's also what allows us the audience to gradually get past the optics and begin to appreciate the underlying charm, wit and likability of the star.

I give the Mindy Project a one-week reprieve on my New Fall Shows Kill List. And that's saying a lot. Many are called, few are chosen.

#4 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 26 September 2012 - 06:19 PM

Do you like anything new? :lol: You've dogged like every new show.

Yeah, I do like some of the new shows. Revolution (even posted here about it), Vegas come to mind.

And even though it may look like I don't like comedy, I actually do. I just want it to be good and funny. This one just isn't either.

Lloyd
Receiver : DirecTV Genie HR44-700, Dish Hopper w/Sling & Super Joey
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

#5 OFFLINE   renbutler

renbutler

Godfather

• Registered
  • 501 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:34 PM

If they pick the funniest one-liners for the promos, and the promos are brutal, it's usually a bad sign. And the promos were brutal.

I actually like both New Girl and Raising Hope, so it's not as if I don't like the Fox Tuesday style of comedy.

#6 OFFLINE   SPACEMAKER

SPACEMAKER

Freethinker

• Registered
  • 3,177 posts
  • LocationMason, MI

Posted 27 September 2012 - 08:03 AM

Yeah, I do like some of the new shows. Revolution (even posted here about it), Vegas come to mind.

And even though it may look like I don't like comedy, I actually do. I just want it to be good and funny. This one just isn't either.

I thought the it was good and funny. Sometimes people just don't catch the subtle jokes and need things to be obvious.

Living Room:
Sony KDL-55EX720
HR44-700
AM21
Sony BDP-S360 Networked
Bedroom:
Sony KDL-40EX720
HR24-200
Sony DVP-NS75H

#7 OFFLINE   TBoneit

TBoneit

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,267 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 01:10 PM

Started watching could not be bothered skipping through it hoping it got better, hit stop deleted timer, done.
Remember when your kids were the TV set's remote control?

#8 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,713 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 05:42 PM

another of those incessant yak, yak, yak kind of comedies. And like all too many, not funny at all.

I lasted 10 minutes and quit and killed off the timer.

I have to agree. I'm watching it now and she hasn't shut up yet... I've never been a fan of hers but thought I'd give it a shot. I was wrong in doing so.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

spam firewall