Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

VIP722 problems

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   hoophead

hoophead

Godfather

• Registered
  • 332 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:35 AM

I have been told over time that this unit is known for problems when associated with antennae hookup. I have had problems with the unit rebooting when attmepting to access one of those channels. My question is that problem resolved? I also am having issues recently when I needed to reboot, hard or soft, it takes several reboots to completely come back up. Frustrating as all get out.
AT250 with ViP 722 via HDMI to 47" LG in living room and 27" JVC in exercise room. ViP 722 via HDMI to 42" Panny in master bedroom and 27" Philips in another bedroom

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 10:56 AM

It was my understanding was it was the 722k module causing the reboot problem. I do not have any such problem with my 722 non-k model.

#3 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,706 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:16 PM

mean OTA: MT-2 module ?

OP: what signal level you have for the station ? How stable is it ?

#4 OFFLINE   hoophead

hoophead

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 332 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 06:59 PM

Am still looking to here back from Ray G or Ray C as I have sent pm's to them a few days back....
AT250 with ViP 722 via HDMI to 47" LG in living room and 27" JVC in exercise room. ViP 722 via HDMI to 42" Panny in master bedroom and 27" Philips in another bedroom

#5 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,706 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 27 September 2012 - 07:36 PM

you could be more polite and answer to our question ...

#6 OFFLINE   wje

wje

Godfather

• Registered
  • 424 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 28 September 2012 - 05:23 AM

AFAIK, the issues are limited to the 722K. My 622 was swapped out about a year ago for a 722K, and it still has plenty of annoying problems, OTA or not. The reboot problem does seem to have been solved, but it still is sometimes extremely slow to respond to the remote (45 seconds to bring up the guide!), I get video breakup of short duration (1-2 secs) fairly frequently. None of this happened with my 622. (and, yes, p smith, the signal strength is fine)

There also used to be an apparent 'skip' problem, skipping many minutes rather than seconds, but that also seems to have been fixed.

I have to say, having to put up with this half-baked device has really lowered my opinion of Dish. I dumped D* years ago because of the horrible HR10-250. At least I didn't have to pay 1K out-of-pocket for the 722K.

My avatar says it all.

#7 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 905 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:15 AM

If you are having a pixelation issue on your receiver, a technician may be needed to realign your dish. Please let me know. Thanks.

AFAIK, the issues are limited to the 722K. My 622 was swapped out about a year ago for a 722K, and it still has plenty of annoying problems, OTA or not. The reboot problem does seem to have been solved, but it still is sometimes extremely slow to respond to the remote (45 seconds to bring up the guide!), I get video breakup of short duration (1-2 secs) fairly frequently. None of this happened with my 622. (and, yes, p smith, the signal strength is fine)

There also used to be an apparent 'skip' problem, skipping many minutes rather than seconds, but that also seems to have been fixed.

I have to say, having to put up with this half-baked device has really lowered my opinion of Dish. I dumped D* years ago because of the horrible HR10-250. At least I didn't have to pay 1K out-of-pocket for the 722K.

#8 OFFLINE   global_nomad

global_nomad

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:52 AM

I"ve tried to reboot mine from dishonline and it seems to work from a distance also.

#9 OFFLINE   jajone13

jajone13

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

I currently have 2 722k's and both of them reboot at least once a week.

#10 OFFLINE   jajone13

jajone13

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

Forgot to mention I wasn't using any OTA. But since both required the reboot I just assumed it was the 722 bug.

#11 OFFLINE   HDlover

HDlover

Godfather

• Registered
  • 310 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:37 PM

Try one of these up against the left side drawing air thru. http://www.amazon.co...eywords=usb fan Dish should include one of these with all their DVRs.

#12 OFFLINE   jokerinthemist

jokerinthemist

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:47 AM

For the past few weeks, my 722 wants to reboot every night while I'm watching a program. Also, there are times that I'm recording 1 program, (one), and it won't let me change to another station without canceling the recording. Had an argument with a couple Dish reps about that this weekend. Tech dept was supposed to call me, but 4 days later, I'm still waiting. Problem still not resolved.

#13 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:00 AM

For the past few weeks, my 722 wants to reboot every night while I'm watching a program. Also, there are times that I'm recording 1 program, (one), and it won't let me change to another station without canceling the recording. Had an argument with a couple Dish reps about that this weekend. Tech dept was supposed to call me, but 4 days later, I'm still waiting. Problem still not resolved.

Check your signal strength on both tuners. Sounds like you have one that isn't working or has low signal.

#14 OFFLINE   jokerinthemist

jokerinthemist

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:21 AM

Check your signal strength on both tuners. Sounds like you have one that isn't working or has low signal.

Just checked the signal strength and they are both at 56/58. Probably not very strong, but, that's as good as it's ever been. Thanks anyway...

#15 OFFLINE   Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 905 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:55 AM

I do not show this rebooting problem as a known issue for this receiver. The nightly reboot you mentioned may be when the updates occur, which includes the guide information. The default setting is 3 am but can be changed on this receiver. The receiver will reboot after the update completes.

If you have a recording and the other tuner is used, this message will pop up warning you that if you do change the channels it will stop the recording. Please let me know if you have further questions. Thanks.

#16 OFFLINE   jokerinthemist

jokerinthemist

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

I do not show this rebooting problem as a known issue for this receiver. The nightly reboot you mentioned may be when the updates occur, which includes the guide information. The default setting is 3 am but can be changed on this receiver. The receiver will reboot after the update completes.

If you have a recording and the other tuner is used, this message will pop up warning you that if you do change the channels it will stop the recording. Please let me know if you have further questions. Thanks.

Recording problem: When I'm recording one program and trying to watch another, I get a pop up telling me that doing that will cancel the recording. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, it's really aggravating.

Reboot: I have the nightly update to occur at 4am, but quite often it won't occur until 5, 5:30, even as late as 6am.

spam firewall