Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Can DirecTV use exisiting mounting bracket?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   wallfishman

wallfishman

Icon

• Registered
  • 509 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:37 PM

Not going to go back and forth with you on this.. sometimes a customers roof is not the best place for a dish, thats all I'm trying to get across. In the end they appreciate that I was honest with them. I even do wall fishes for them for free because at the end of the day the customer comes first.

The only point I saw was how only contractors install dishes on roofs and you, supertech, have to go behind and fix all those jobs. Im quite sure Directv does not want their own inhouse technicians posting on a website advising all their customers against getting dishes installed on a roof, considering half the dishes that are installed, are installed on roofs. If Directv did not install dishes on roofs they would be out of business, and you would be out of a job.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   vapor21

vapor21

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:51 PM

The only point I saw was how only contractors install dishes on roofs and you, supertech, have to go behind and fix all those jobs. Im quite sure Directv does not want their own inhouse technicians posting on a website advising all their customers against getting dishes installed on a roof, considering half the dishes that are installed, are installed on roofs. If Directv did not install dishes on roofs they would be out of business, and you would be out of a job.

Never said I was a supertech. I also never advise anyone not to get their dish install on their roof. If the customers wants the dish on their roof even after I suggest other options I dont mind doing it. What I said was, there are other options to installing a dish besides a customers roof. Only reason I say this is because I had to go behind someone before where it cause a water leak and ruin their roof. The contractor did not want to honor the warranty on said roof. Thank you for putting words in my mouth though :)

#23 OFFLINE   Jodean

Jodean

Icon

• Registered
  • 675 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:44 AM

super dish has 2" mast, run into those all the time in Sioux City, depends on what dish you have before saying the mount wont work. Also run into wild blue which is 2" also, when in non use i use those.
Dish -- 722k, 722, 612, 512, 510

Directv -- HR34, HR24, 2 H25's, 2 H24's

spam firewall