Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Elementary

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 7,835 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 27 March 2013 - 03:27 PM

CBS Renews 18 Primetime Shows for the 2013-2014 Season

Posted Image

Freshman hit "Elementary" will join 17 other series as part of the Eye's lineup next season.

. . . .

SOURCE

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,249 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:03 PM

Thanks, Drucifer!

For the shows that Mrs. Tibber and I watch, there are no real surprises, even about the shows on the bubble at this point.

I thought we might hear more about NCIS: Red, but that likely is coming in the announcements of new shows.

Peace,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#63 OFFLINE   Holydoc

Holydoc

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts
  • LocationPanhandle, FL

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:01 AM

Good. I do really like this show. This is sort of my "House" replacement for the time being.

#64 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,167 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:00 AM

Good. I do really like this show. This is sort of my "House" replacement for the time being.

Hear, hear ... +1
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#65 OFFLINE   TomCat

TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 3,530 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:42 PM

...This is sort of my "House" replacement for the time being.

I guess I see that. Both have central characters that are annoying as well as brilliant. But it seems to end there.

Whenever I see Watson or the Captain or Detective Bell getting annoyed I find that amusing. Whenever House did something annoying I just wanted to punch him. Holmes does nothing out of meanness, while House was just mean for the sake of being mean, to everybody.

Holmes has a social component that makes him annoying but it stems from his process and is not really meant to be annoying, and which he really does not have all that much control over, while House is just a jackass; unlike Holmes he has the ability to soften the edges of what he does that is annoying, but he choses not to, because, he's just a jackass. He enjoys annoying people and takes perverse pleasure in being annoying, on purpose because he needs to feel superior.

In real life, Holmes would get away with his behavior, but I think House would get accidentally nudged down an elevator shaft.

Edited by TomCat, 01 April 2013 - 01:36 PM.
clarity

It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

#66 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,149 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 29 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

I guess I see that. Both have central characters that are annoying as well as brilliant. But it seems to end there. Whenever I see Watson or the Captain or Detective Bell getting annoyed I find that amusing. Whenever House did something annoying I just wanted to punch him. Holmes does nothing out of meanness, while House was just mean for the sake of being mean, to everybody. Holmes has a social component that makes him annoying but it stems from his process and is not really meant to be annoying, and which he really does not have all that much control over, while House is just a jackass; unlike Holmes he has the ability to soften the edges of what he does that is annoying, but he choses not to, because, he's just a jackass. He enjoys annoying people and takes perverse pleasure in being annoying, on purpose because he needs to feel superior. In real life, Holmes would get away with his behavior, but I think House would get accidentally nudged down an elevator shaft.

I couldn't agree more. I quit House long ago because he was such a jack ass. The plot lines could not overcome my distaste for House.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#67 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,167 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:55 AM

I guess I see that. Both have central characters that are annoying as well as brilliant. But it seems to end there. Whenever I see Watson or the Captain or Detective Bell getting annoyed I find that amusing. Whenever House did something annoying I just wanted to punch him. Holmes does nothing out of meanness, while House was just mean for the sake of being mean, to everybody. Holmes has a social component that makes him annoying but it stems from his process and is not really meant to be annoying, and which he really does not have all that much control over, while House is just a jackass; unlike Holmes he has the ability to soften the edges of what he does that is annoying, but he choses not to, because, he's just a jackass. He enjoys annoying people and takes perverse pleasure in being annoying, on purpose because he needs to feel superior. In real life, Holmes would get away with his behavior, but I think House would get accidentally nudged down an elevator shaft.

Which is why we love 'em. :)
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

spam firewall