Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends
Guest Message by DevFuse

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#76 OFFLINE   Edmund

Remote Master

• Registered
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ca

Posted 11 January 2016 - 08:59 PM

I bought the first 3 seasons of Elementary via Amazon Instant video, since didn't have dvr for last 3 years. But this season I have Tivo and have been recording them, I do not want to deal with padding. So I guess I will buy this season as well, have all seasons in one place.

• Tom Robertson likes this
aka Tivoburkee

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#77 OFFLINE   TomCat

Broadcast Engineer

• Registered
  • 4,153 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 11:14 PM

I'm a little concerned to see Elementary moved to Sunday. While The Good Wife had its entire run there, and was successful although not exactly a barn burner, it still seems like short shrift by the network. They know this is a slot that makes it difficult to record the show, and they don't seem to be concentrating on whether it is successful or not, just like TGW. Part of this is due to the Shondaland juggernaut on ABC, but it seems like Elementary has now inherited the 'prestige' mantle from TGW. While that is good, and the show is critically acclaimed, it does little for its survival chances.

I am happy they renewed it, but if it stays on Sunday I think there is a good chance it gets its order cut from 22 to 13, or that it gets a half season either in the fall or the spring. Depends on what else is in the quiver, of course, but I do not see Elementary as a 'protected' show, Tiffany network prestige status notwithstanding.

It's usually safe to talk honestly and openly with people because they typically are not really listening anyway.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...