Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Voom lawsuit moving right along.....

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   satcrazy

satcrazy

Icon

• Registered
  • 735 posts
  • LocationGreat lakes, NW Pa.

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:25 PM

Also had cablevision here [ NW Pa.] at one time. [ now TWC]

It simply sucked. Equipment, CS, programming, their " receivers" were a joke.

You could grow old just trying to navigate the guide.

IMO, it was the last choice for tv viewing.

I guess we'll see who has the better legal team, but cablevision taking over Dish?
Nah. Ergen would never let that fly.;)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   356B

356B

Icon

• Registered
  • 900 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

Another vote for MONSTER HD. It was one of my favs

Mine too, the oldies.... :)
Thank you and
Best of luck

#23 OFFLINE   Rickt1962

Rickt1962

Legend

• Registered
  • 296 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:50 PM

This is why companies have insurance for issues like this....

Regardless of the outcome for this court appearance this issue will be stuck in courts for years with all the appeal options. If Dish wins, VOOM will appeal. If VOOM wins, Dish will appeal.

Lawsuits like this only hurt the consumer and these companies fail to realize this. :nono2:

I own a corporation and Insurance companies do NOT COVER this :nono: Fire, Theft and accidents. It doesnt fall under any of that. The stock holders will pay !

#24 OFFLINE   DoyleS

DoyleS

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:18 PM

This would fall under liability insurance which should cover lawyers fees and judgements. Similar to an errors and omissions policy that protects a company when documents are not prepared correctly and a resulting judgement occurs. In both Dish and AMCs case, I would think they have some sort of liability insurance that covers damages resulting broken contracts that cause damage to the other party.
Our corporate policies cover this sort of thing.
Receivers= 722K, 722, 211K,
Dishes=Dish1000.2
Sling Adapter

#25 OFFLINE   Reaper

Reaper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 520 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

Another vote for MONSTER HD. It was one of my faves , ever, and it was one of several reasons I ended up dropping DISH that year. Is there any chance it will be back either on DISH or elsewehere as a single channel??

That seems unlikely. I hit the Monsters HD Wikipedia page every year or so just in case though. :D

#26 OFFLINE   StringFellow

StringFellow

AllStar

• Registered
  • 101 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:01 PM

I own a corporation and Insurance companies do NOT COVER this :nono: Fire, Theft and accidents. It doesnt fall under any of that. The stock holders will pay !

Incorrect. There are many different forms of insurance and the one you are referencing is called property insurance. Property insurance provides protection against most risks to property, such as fire, theft and some weather damage. Liability insurance is a part of the general insurance system of risk financing to protect the purchaser (the "insured") from the risks of liabilities imposed by lawsuits and similar claims. Dish's lawsuit could potentially be covered by Liability Insurance. As with any insurance policy, the meat is in the fine print!!
Equipment: 2 Hopper, 1 Joey [soon to be 2 Joeys]

#27 OFFLINE   FTA Michael

FTA Michael

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:08 PM

I loved the Voom channels. Their HD was glorious, and their lack of commercials was refreshing. I wish Dish would have given us some notice of serious unhappiness so I could have recorded more before Voom blinked away.

Dish is way too big for this lawsuit to destroy it. Some executives might need to brown bag lunch once a week, but they'll find the cash to pay the eventual settlement. ;)
Yes, FTABlog is active again. Why do you ask?

#28 OFFLINE   Rickt1962

Rickt1962

Legend

• Registered
  • 296 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:10 PM

Incorrect. There are many different forms of insurance and the one you are referencing is called property insurance. Property insurance provides protection against most risks to property, such as fire, theft and some weather damage. Liability insurance is a part of the general insurance system of risk financing to protect the purchaser (the "insured") from the risks of liabilities imposed by lawsuits and similar claims. Dish's lawsuit could potentially be covered by Liability Insurance. As with any insurance policy, the meat is in the fine print!!

Some what correct. Under negligence, BUt this is not the case.

#29 OFFLINE   Quentin

Quentin

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:40 PM

I loved the Voom channels. Their HD was glorious, and their lack of commercials was refreshing.

I loved the Voom channels for the first three months. Great HD, great movies. Then I loved them for the next three months when I got to see all the movies again. After that it got a bit old.

#30 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,890 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:50 PM

I loved the Voom channels for the first three months. Great HD, great movies. Then I loved them for the next three months when I got to see all the movies again. After that it got a bit old.

Did you subscribe to VOOM or watch on dish VOOM's channels ?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...