Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Cancellation Watch 2012/13

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   mreposter

mreposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:08 PM

Looking forward to the Arrow on 10/10.
The CW sure could use a hit.
.......... There are none so blind as those who can not see it in HD.
.......... Directv customer since January 2000.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#27 OFFLINE   TBoneit

TBoneit

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,291 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:08 PM

The Mindy Project though... wow... I couldn't stand it. I know how I give people a hard time for deciding a show is no good after only seeing 5 minutes of it but I really hated it 5 minutes in. She just wouldn't shut up! I didn't laugh once, not even a chuckle. I forced myself to watch the whole episode though so I wouldn't be a hypocrite. :D

I think I was one of those you said you couldn't understand the 5 minutes in and decide. :)

How does it feel to have wasted the extra 25 minutes watching the whole thing? :lol:

Life is to short to watch a dud. Not to mention I don't enough time to watch all the new shows If I give a loser of a show longer than it deserves.

You have to wonder who picked that bomb and why.

Some other losers Animal Hospital, I watched 5 minutes of that turkey.
666 Park Avenue, I watched the whole thing, won't watch another episode however.

Cheers
Remember when your kids were the TV set's remote control?

#28 OFFLINE   BAHitman

BAHitman

Godfather

• Registered
  • 432 posts
  • LocationAustin Texas

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:23 PM

I think Last Resort would do better in a later time slot... maybe following Grey's Anatomy instead of in front of it...

but time will tell, and I hope that they do NOT cancel it..

HR34, HR20x3, HR22, HR23, H24, H21

-BAHitman

#29 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 16,254 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:35 PM

How does it feel to have wasted the extra 25 minutes watching the whole thing? :lol:

At least I can say I gave it a fair shot. :)

You have to wonder who picked that bomb and why.

I think someone at FOX thought she could write since she writes some stuff for The Office (US). She's one of the reasons I didn't like The Office (US).
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#30 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 16,254 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:36 PM

I think Last Resort would do better in a later time slot... maybe following Grey's Anatomy instead of in front of it...

but time will tell, and I hope that they do NOT cancel it..

I hope they don't either. I liked the Last Resort pilot better than the LOST pilot and LOST went on to be my favorite show of all time.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#31 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 22,798 posts
  • LocationLower Westchester County, NY

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:38 PM

ome other losers Animal Hospital, I watched 5 minutes of that turkey.

I suffered through the whole thing just to see more of that monkey. She deserves her own show, IMHO. :P

Crystal is a veteran of movies and TV with an enviable IMDB credit list that includes "The Hangover Part II," "Dr. Dolittle" and "Community," and "Animal Practice" is her first gig as a TV series regular. [more]

Edited by Steve, 02 October 2012 - 01:45 PM.

/steve

#32 OFFLINE   mreposter

mreposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:44 PM

NBC gave full season orders for GO ON, REVOLUTION and NEW NORMAL. So those are safe for the rest of the year.

Reuters report on NBC pickups

#33 OFFLINE   Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 516 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

The Mob Doctor. Most critic reviews weren't very favorable, but it will be cancelled based on ratings alone.

Mob Doctor didn't even make it to my DVR, so I second this one.

I have to agree, if any show is going to cancelled because of ratings it's this one.
Luke

Sagaciously eschew obfuscating sesquipedalianisms.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.--from Joan of Arcadia

#34 OFFLINE   jodyguercio

jodyguercio

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:25 AM

The CW sure could use a hit.

CW could use a hit? Or do you mean a show YOU would want to watch?

Just to name a few, not like they are CBS and are turning out high quality shows they are a small network after all but still

Vampire Diaries.........Nikita......Supernatural
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown

LIVE SIMPLE, LOVE GENEROUSLY , CARE DEEPLY, SPEAK KINDLY AND LEAVE THE REST TO GOD

#35 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,671 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:38 AM

NBC gave full season orders for GO ON, REVOLUTION and NEW NORMAL. So those are safe for the rest of the year.

Reuters report on NBC pickups

I can understand Go On and Revolution getting the full season order, but the New Normal certainly doesn't deserve it imo.

Lloyd
Receiver/Provider: Tivo Roamio Plus/Mediacom
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

#36 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery

• Registered
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

I'm not normally the touchy guy, but The New Normal (the mom at least) is so horribly over the top offensive that I can't believe the show's still on the air.

"Belligerent and numerous."

SlingTV, Tablo and Plex to Roku 3s and Chromecasts on a Vizio 42" in the living room and a Toshiba 32" in my bedroom. Xbox 360 client on a Westinghouse 42" in the game room. Tablets EVERYWHERE!

I used to update the Dish Network FAQ but not anymore.

#37 OFFLINE   mreposter

mreposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:57 AM

CW could use a hit? Or do you mean a show YOU would want to watch?

Just to name a few, not like they are CBS and are turning out high quality shows they are a small network after all but still

Vampire Diaries.........Nikita......Supernatural

While those may be quality shows, their overall ratings are fairly low. The CW is now barely an asterisk on the ratings charts. Here are last season's ratings for those three shows:

Vampire Diaries #139 of 195 shows, 1.30 rating in the demo (CW's highest ranking show)
Supernatural #167 of 195 shows, 0.89 rating in the demo
Nikita #184, 0.61

For the full 2011-12 chart, go to TV By the Numbers

#38 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 16,254 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:19 AM

I'm not normally the touchy guy, but The New Normal (the mom at least) is so horribly over the top offensive that I can't believe the show's still on the air.

It's not on the air in all markets.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#39 OFFLINE   renbutler

renbutler

Godfather

• Registered
  • 562 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:03 PM

Terra Nova was #26 but still got canceled. Wow.

#40 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,671 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:51 PM

While those may be quality shows, their overall ratings are fairly low. The CW is now barely an asterisk on the ratings charts. Here are last season's ratings for those three shows:

Vampire Diaries #139 of 195 shows, 1.30 rating in the demo (CW's highest ranking show)
Nikita #184, 0.61

I think that the CW would get more viewers if it was in HD in more markets. It is only SD here.

Lloyd
Receiver/Provider: Tivo Roamio Plus/Mediacom
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

#41 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,533 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

I can understand Go On and Revolution getting the full season order, but the New Normal certainly doesn't deserve it imo.

I like the New Normal. It catches me off guard all the time, which is rare for a comedy in this day and age where you can usually see the punchline coming well before it arrives. Haven't watched Go On since the initial Pilot after the Olympics and thought that was horrible. Still recording them and might give it another shot.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#42 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 22,798 posts
  • LocationLower Westchester County, NY

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:14 PM

I like the New Normal. It catches me off guard all the time, which is rare for a comedy in this day and age where you can usually see the punchline coming well before it arrives. Haven't watched Go On since the initial Pilot after the Olympics and thought that was horrible. Still recording them and might give it another shot.

My wife loves Matthew Perry, so we kept the show, in spite of the fact I wanted to delete it halfway through the first episode. Watched the 3d episode yesterday, and we actually laughed out loud a couple of times, so it might now be a keeper. :shrug:
/steve

#43 OFFLINE   davidatl14

davidatl14

Icon

• Registered
  • 549 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:17 PM

The Mob Doctor. Most critic reviews weren't very favorable, but it will be cancelled based on ratings alone.

This
May The Best of Your Past be the Worst of Your Future!

#44 OFFLINE   jodyguercio

jodyguercio

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:25 PM

Nikita #184, 0.61

That's for the overall season, how did those shows do week to week in the core demos? Again for one of the Big Three, they are drops in the bucket. But for the CW, they are gold and that's why I personally consider them to be hits.
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown

LIVE SIMPLE, LOVE GENEROUSLY , CARE DEEPLY, SPEAK KINDLY AND LEAVE THE REST TO GOD

#45 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,446 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

I usually give new series at least 3 episodes, because Pilots are just setting the stage and usually don't get everything right, the 2nd episodes attempt to fix what didn't work in the Pilots, and the 3rd episodes are when the writers and casts are starting to understand the characters and the direction the show is going.

Go On was good this week, and this week's New Normal was the best to date, filling us in on the background of two significant characters and rounding them out more.

And I think this is the 4th episode of each?

#46 OFFLINE   celticpride

celticpride

Icon

• Registered
  • 969 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:56 PM

mob doctor is on fox not cbs like someone posted earlier,it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be but still not good enough to keep me watching,the new show partners was better than i thought it would be. and i couldnt get through the whole episode of neighbors didnt like it at all! looking forward to chicago fire!

#47 OFFLINE   pablo

pablo

Icon

• Registered
  • 908 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

What? Why? I'm loving it. A funny and different series. I didn't expect to like it from the silly previews, so I didn't even set up a series recording, but just caught up with three or four episodes via the NBC iPad app and quickly set up the DVR. Glad it's been picked up for a full season. Hopefully, it gets renewed as well.

#48 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

Anybody have any thoughts on The Last Resort surviving? Saw ep 1 and thought it might be worth watching ep 2, maybe. Wish they had way more global politics/7 Days in May stuff (and missiles) and way less mindless blabbing and idiotic gunplay standoffs and fistfights on the generic, stereotype island.

In fact, a new version of Seven Days in May would make a fantastic series. The idea of the military/industrial/banking/energy complex taking over America isn't that farfetched anymore. K Street has way more clout than Pennsylvania Avenue.

That's the trouble with Last Resort. They kind of bury their lead under the weight of the douchebag island gangster guy and all this feminist palaver with the Admiral's daughter. They need to stick to the point: the country is in crisis and the more direct involvement these characters have with it the better. Unfortunately it seems to be headed for Gilligan's Island territory.

#49 OFFLINE   Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411

Icon

• Registered
  • 617 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:55 PM

I did find myself skipping over several minutes of Last Resort this week, don't care about one character telling the other how they need to stop drinking or how a family member feels. I think I skipped the last 5 minutes altogether. The Stateside part of the story would be great to get into more but I doubt they will, guess I still have Homeland for that kind of stuff.

Just looked Seven Days in May up, going to try and find it and watch it, never heard of it before looks like it should be good.

#50 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,280 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:08 AM

[...] Just looked Seven Days in May up, going to try and find it and watch it, never heard of it before looks like it should be good.

You won't regret it. Gripping.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...