Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Cancellation Watch 2012/13

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,110 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:02 AM

[...] But it was not predicted by anyone in this thread. Next Caller on NBC is done before it even begins.

http://blog.zap2it.c...led-by-nbc.html

Kind of hard to predict what no one has seen. ;)
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   mreposter

mreposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:15 AM

I'm a bit surprised that some of these dead shows and unaired pilots don't end up on cable, Hulu or Youtube. They'd at least get a little of their money back. But maybe the contractual end of it is too complicated to unwind.
.......... There are none so blind as those who can not see it in HD.
.......... Directv customer since January 2000.

#83 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,110 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:40 AM

I'm a bit surprised that some of these dead shows and unaired pilots don't end up on cable, Hulu or Youtube. They'd at least get a little of their money back. But maybe the contractual end of it is too complicated to unwind.

It could be - or at least in the case of Next Caller - that they had not completed filming the contracted episodes. :confused:
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#84 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:24 PM

Hey, watch it, Dane Cook went to my high school! Oh wait, that explains it...

#85 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 12:22 PM

Just cancelled Animal Practice. Cute monkey and girl, ugly show.

#86 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,724 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:46 PM

The prays of all the vets in the world have been answered.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#87 OFFLINE   trdrjeff

trdrjeff

Icon

• Registered
  • 758 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:49 PM

Was never even tempted to watch that. Interesting, being the lead show, that Guys w/ Kids is still alive. Could have to do with Fallen, it's decent, not Modern Family or anything.

Ben & Kate is probably the best out of the freshman comedies...
HR20-100
Sharp 52" LCD 1080p
Yamaha YSP Sound Projector fed with Optical
Harmony 700

HR22-100
32" Samsung LED New School

#88 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,825 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:55 PM

Was never even tempted to watch that. Interesting, being the lead show, that Guys w/ Kids is still alive. Could have to do with Fallen, it's decent, not Modern Family or anything.

Ben & Kate is probably the best out of the freshman comedies...

I really like Guys With Kids... I didn't expect to. It really reminds me of my friends who are dads with little kids.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#89 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Retired Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,110 posts
  • LocationPine, CO

Posted 18 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

And to think they were arrogant enough to interrupt the Olympic closing ceremony to show it off. Didn't watch it partly because of that .. not to mention its stupid premise.
VIP722kDVR (Living Room)
VIP211 (Bedroom)
VIP622DVR (Art Room)

DMA 18 (Denver)

#90 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 15,708 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:39 PM

Replaced by a huge piece of crap... Whitney.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#91 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

Well Whitney has eye candy, an intelligent, witty script every week, and at least the stars are solid comic actors and work well together. The rest of the cast are pretty weak. It's the best sitcom going, can't think of a single one that can touch it right now. But it is a bad time for TV comedy. Hollywood seems to think that gays or a "non-conventional family" is riotously funny just by showing up these days. They kind of left that whole Larry David "comedy writing" thing behind. Like "The Player" said, "Who needs writers?"

Somebody name one major net sitcom that can touch Whitney! I dare ya! (offer valid only in the Continental US/"Louie", "Curb" and other actually funny non-major net shows do not qualify)

#92 OFFLINE   cj9788

cj9788

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

Well Whitney has eye candy, an intelligent, witty script every week, and at least the stars are solid comic actors and work well together. The rest of the cast are pretty weak. It's the best sitcom going, can't think of a single one that can touch it right now. But it is a bad time for TV comedy. Hollywood seems to think that gays or a "non-conventional family" is riotously funny just by showing up these days. They kind of left that whole Larry David "comedy writing" thing behind. Like "The Player" said, "Who needs writers?"

Somebody name one major net sitcom that can touch Whitney! I dare ya! (offer valid only in the Continental US/"Louie", "Curb" and other actually funny non-major net shows do not qualify)

To each his own,IMO Raising Hope is by far the best comedy on tv. Great writing, great cast and a funny show with no laugh track. I expect Raising Hope to be canceled though. I am surprised it has lasted three seasons considering it is on FOX.

Could not get into Witney at all. Watched 4 episodes before I stopped watching. In fact I was surprised it survived it's freshman year......

#93 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,825 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:47 PM

Big Bang Theory.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#94 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,427 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 18 October 2012 - 07:02 PM

To each his own,IMO Raising Hope is by far the best comedy on tv. Great writing, great cast and a funny show with no laugh track. I expect Raising Hope to be canceled though. I am surprised it has lasted three seasons considering it is on FOX.

Could not get into Witney at all. Watched 4 episodes before I stopped watching. In fact I was surprised it survived it's freshman year......

I couldn't get into Whitney either. Thought it was terrible. I'd take Raising Hope, Modern Family, HIMYM, 30 Rock, Community, Up All Night, New Girl, Parks and Rec, and Happy Endings all over Whitney any day.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#95 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:42 PM

Okay, 30 Rock and Community. Two good picks. The rest...egads.

#96 OFFLINE   mreposter

mreposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 10:49 PM

To each his/her own. That's why there are 200+ channels out there. Though I must say, the networks seem to be giving shows a little more time than usual this year. WIth just two cancellations so far, shows aren't being axed right out of the gate if they don't perform.
.......... There are none so blind as those who can not see it in HD.
.......... Directv customer since January 2000.

#97 OFFLINE   renbutler

renbutler

Godfather

• Registered
  • 501 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 07:56 AM

I also like Big Bang Theory and Raising Hope.

One conventional sitcom (sans laugh track) that I haven't seen mentioned though that is a cute slice of middle-american life:

The Middle (ABC)

The cast is outstanding. And although it's not a regular laugh riot, it's quirky enough without forcing its quirkiness. I also like that they've been mostly kind in representing my home state...

#98 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 15,708 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:53 AM

Well Whitney has eye candy, an intelligent, witty script every week, and at least the stars are solid comic actors and work well together.

Hmmm, I must have watched something else called Whitney last year then. Eye candy? eh, she's alright... Intelligent, witty and stars who are solid comic actors? That's not the show I saw...

It's the best sitcom going, can't think of a single one that can touch it right now.

LOL, you should be a comedy writer yourself... Whitney is FAR from the best. If it were the best it wouldn't have been held in waiting and would have premiered with all the other shows.

Oh let's see...
Raising Hope
The Big Bang Theory
2 Broke Girls (oddly enough created by Whitney and better than her own show)
Modern Family
New Girl
Suburgatory
Happy Endings
Don't Trust the B**** in Apartment 23

Need more??
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#99 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 15,708 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:55 AM

Raising Hope is in no danger of cancellation.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#100 OFFLINE   cj9788

cj9788

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:48 AM

Raising Hope is in no danger of cancellation.

That is good news I always presume it will be canceled since FOX cancels everything I like, but since it made it this far they maybe keeping it to get into syndication.

spam firewall