Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34 Cancelling Recordings and OTA Issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   raromr

raromr

Legend

• Registered
  • 185 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:45 AM

Was having good luck with my HR34. Now out of the blue none of my OTA channels will scan in via the AM21 and all of a sudden shows that I set to record are magically changed tO show as not being recorded because of a non-existent conflict. I have set the receiver to record the football game today and it takes then when I go to my to do list is appears a will not record because of a conflict yet there are no other shows that are set to record at the same time to be in conflict.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,833 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 11:08 AM

I have been told that this is a recent issue, it affects very few people and they are working to fix it. In the meantime a reboot should get you going for the short term.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   chris_h

chris_h

Mentor/Supporter

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:06 PM

I think I might be having a similar issue. For the past 3 sundays, Sunday Night Football (SNF) has not recorded. It is scheduled to record at 5:30 PT, and at 5:29 it did show in the "todo" list. But the recording never shows up, and when I try to tune the channel via the guide, I get a black screen (but the play bar acts like it is tuned to channel 805, a music channel). After a reboot, the recording starts.

What is even stranger to me is that by week #3 I had set my other PVR, an HR24, to record SNF also, and it did not show up there either. But the channel was tunable manually from the guide, so I tuned to it, and started a recording manually.

Also, it is worth mentioning that SNF is one of six manual recordings that I am doing (all NFL football) but there are little to no conflicts at the recording time. Maybe one or two other shows, tops. SNF was #6 in my series recordings priority during weeks 1 and 2, but by week 3 I popped it up to the top (hoping against hope that it would just record).

Is there any way I can get this info to D* without being a part of the cutting edge program (I like to stay away from the bleeding edge when at home).

Thanks in advance.
Chris

spam firewall