Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Switching from Choice Xtra to Entertainment Will I still get free HD?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   StephenJC

StephenJC

Legend

• Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:21 PM

Thinking of dropping down to Entertainment pkg from Choice Xtra. I have free HD for life since I signed up in 3/11 and have autopay. If I do that will I still get free HD?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,087 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 12:37 PM

Ask when you call. Entertainment was added after the free HD. Used to be for Choice and above. Entertainment is below Choice, so they may or may not include it as a qualifying package.

If they say yes, get the name of the CSR, and record the name, date and time of the call in case they "forget" what they told you, and you need to get it reinstated later.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#3 OFFLINE   naijai

naijai

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:20 PM

No you won't

Base package requirement is choice xtra for most customers. Going by your date joining this site I'd say you activated just before that offer ended
Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

DIRECTV employee since May 2003.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views DO NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

spam firewall