Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HARDWARE FAILURE: 2nd 921 Remote doesn't work = new 921

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   guruka

guruka

Troublemaker/Supporter

• Registered
  • 341 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 07:21 PM

The UHF Pro remote shipped with my 921 did not work. E* sent me a new one and that doesn't work either (I've been controlling my 921 with my old 501 remote via IR.)

So, it's gotta be the UHF remote receiver in the 921 :(

E* is shipping me another 921 tomorrow.

.....G

#2 OFFLINE   TEN89

TEN89

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 220 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 09:23 PM

The UHF Pro remote shipped with my 921 did not work. E* sent me a new one and that doesn't work either (I've been controlling my 921 with my old 501 remote via IR.)

So, it's gotta be the UHF remote receiver in the 921 :(

E* is shipping me another 921 tomorrow.

.....G

Did you hook up the small antanna that came with the receiver in the back?

#3 OFFLINE   DVDDAD

DVDDAD

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 09:41 PM

It's funny that you asked that. When I first setup my 921 I thought the remote was broken, but soon realized that I did't hook up the small remote antenna. I wonder if E* remembered to add that to the CSR's handbook? In the past most receiver's received both IR & UHF, without the IR being transmitted, the 921 can't receive the UHF signal without the antenna.
Best regards, Adam Okula
http://www.aokagency.com

#4 OFFLINE   guruka

guruka

Troublemaker/Supporter

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 341 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 09:10 AM

Did you hook up the small antanna that came with the receiver in the back?

Sure did. Even tried extending it outside the rack with a 3' piece of coax. Thanks for reminding everyone reading this thread to screw that antenna in tho'.

I have clear line of sight to the UHF antenna and the remote doesn't work even 34' away from the 921.

.....G

#5 OFFLINE   anderdea

anderdea

Legend

• Registered
  • 113 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 10:30 AM

I didn't know you could control the 921 with IR codes. I have a Pronto TSU 2000 IR remote and was going to put the 721 codes into it that I downloaded from remotecontrol.com but held off. Can the 921 accept IR codes from a similar remote like the 721?

Don

#6 OFFLINE   metallicafreak

metallicafreak

AllStar

• Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 10:46 AM

I didn't know you could control the 921 with IR codes. I have a Pronto TSU 2000 IR remote and was going to put the 721 codes into it that I downloaded from remotecontrol.com but held off. Can the 921 accept IR codes from a similar remote like the 721?

Don

Yup

spam firewall