Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR22 only records a show if it's on its channel

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,608 posts
  • LocationMt. Morris, MI

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:28 PM

In the last few weeks my HR22 will only record a show if it's tuned to the channel it's on. If it's on another channel it says "partial recording" and it won't let me watch the recorded program. I can't record 2 shows at once any more either. How do I fix this?

DIRECTV customer

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of other DIRECTV customers

My giant list of missing or wrong logos

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Carl Spock

Carl Spock

Superfly

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:32 PM

With an axe.

Baring that, I'd re-download the software. Somehow it got corrupted. Do you know how to force a software download?
hangin' with the bros at 40 Eridani A

#3 OFFLINE   Carl Spock

Carl Spock

Superfly

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:46 PM

A red button reboot would be a first step but wouldn't get you the new software.

If you haven't done a RBR, try that first. If you still have the problem after a RBR, then I'd try new software.

To start that process, do another RBR. After you do the RBR, the moment you either get the blue screen on your TV, or the blue lights come on your DVR, press 0-2-4-6-8 on your remote. Do it deliberately. Do it once.

If everything happens right, you'll soon see a notification on your TV that the DVR is downloading the software again.

If you don't see that in a minute or so, immediately do another RBR and try again. It might take you a few attempts to force your DVR to re-download its software.

#4 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 9,267 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:10 PM

You didn't do anything wrong, Hx2x FW is not available 24/7 anymore.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

#5 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 19,423 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:35 PM

Well what's wrong with my DVR? Why's it failing to record shows properly?

Just because the software isn't available 24/7 doesn't mean that your DVR firmware isn't corrupted. It certainly doesn't mean that it is either.

Did the reset not fix the problem???

If not, you need to contact DIRECTV and tell them what's going on. In the interim, you need to make your peace with the recordings already on the DVR because they'll be gone if you have to replace the DVR.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#6 OFFLINE   Carl Spock

Carl Spock

Superfly

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:44 PM

You didn't do anything wrong, Hx2x FW is not available 24/7 anymore.

I didn't know this.

When is it available?

#7 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,558 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:58 PM

Does the issue follow tuners? Like, if you manually change to the other tuner, does that record properly, and the tuner you were on not record properly anymore?

Is this on a SWM system?

#8 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,558 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:43 PM

I only have 1 tuner. Yes it's a SWM.

I mean on the two tuners on that box. If its always the same tuner, I'd lean towards hardware. If its always the background tuner, no matter which tuner that happens to be, then maybe software.

#9 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,558 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:28 PM

The DVR has two tuners, even though there's only one cable due to being SWM. What I'm thinking is record two things, the problem should show up. Then turn on double play, which switches to the other tuner. If you get proper video, record two more things. See which one fails.

To me you should actually have problems with live TV on one of the tuners, but it does seem like an odd issue so who knows.

#10 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,558 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

Double play being on shouldn't matter, unless the onscreen prompt is answered to tell it not to switch the background tuner.

#11 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,071 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:22 AM

I didn't know this.

When is it available?

Basically whenever they decide to put it up. You can use http://redh.com/dtv to figure out what's currently available.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#12 OFFLINE   Carl Spock

Carl Spock

Superfly

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,567 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:44 AM

Or the DirecTV app, which is what I use to get to Red H.

This morning Red H says 0x05d2 is available for the OP's DVR. That looks pretty normal to me. If you are reading this, Coca Cola Kid, Red H says it's there for the downloading. I'd try right now.

#13 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 945 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:22 PM

You may also want to try to Repeat Satellite Setup, Menu->Settings & Help->Settings->Satellite->Repeat Satellite Setup->Dash Button (below the 7), then make sure it shows your dish type and the switch type as SWM (since you have a SWM system it will autodetect this) and the tuners set to dual, go to Continue. This can fix a few issues with these problems sometimes.
DirecTV Employee
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DirecTV's positions, strategies, or opinions.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...