Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New HR34 Some Sonic Tap Lost

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   sammib

sammib

AllStar

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

Got a new HR34 last Tues and since then no 807,852,855 and others. Still have the same pkg as with the HR20 it replaced.The "All Channels" guide doesn't list them at all. Called D* and went through all the usual bs. Reset, do this, do that, blah blah blah. After a half an hour then he said to do a reprogram of the box. I hung up. Can any other owners of an HR34 verify this. Otherwise any comments or suggestions? I'm all ears.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,839 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

Got a new HR34 last Tues and since then no 807,852,855 and others. Still have the same pkg as with the HR20 it replaced.The "All Channels" guide doesn't list them at all. Called D* and went through all the usual bs. Reset, do this, do that, blah blah blah. After a half an hour then he said to do a reprogram of the box. I hung up. Can any other owners of an HR34 verify this. Otherwise any comments or suggestions? I'm all ears.

Did you get a new SWM 3-LNB installed?
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#3 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,833 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

Look at the front of the dish. If it is the size and shape of a closed fist, it's an Slimline-3. If it's wide like the DBSTALK logo that's an Slimline-5.

Then, press and hold {INFO} using the DIRECTV-supplied remote. Scroll down to "More System Info" and press {SELECT.} Scroll down until you see the dish type. Does it match what you have?

If you have the Slimline-5 but the dish type is Slimline-3, there's your problem. {MENU}>Settings&Help>Settings>Satellite then repeat Satellite Dish setup and set it properly.

Several Sonic Tap channels are on a satellite only visible to the Slimline-5 dish.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#4 OFFLINE   JACKIEGAGA

JACKIEGAGA

N.Y. FOOTBALL GIANTS

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,137 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:07 PM

Can you add them to a favorite list?

Im seeing them.

Edited by JACKIEGAGA, 01 October 2012 - 04:45 PM.

JACK,

#5 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,741 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:20 PM

They're not on my Genie either.

DREW

Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR21-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#6 OFFLINE   harsh

harsh

Beware the Attack Basset

• Registered
  • 18,361 posts
  • LocationSalem, OR

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

Got a new HR34 last Tues and since then no 807,852,855 and others.

These Sonic Tap channels (and 14 others) are all at 119W. It seems that they're moving them to 101W slowly as there were once as many as 31 Sonic Tap channels at 119W.

Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. -- JFK

#7 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,458 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:04 PM

Of course all the tips to check the setup are right, but generally, if you have 8 tuners or less, the standard install for the HR34 is a 3 LNB SWM setup, which doesn't work with 119 as previously stated.

#8 OFFLINE   sammib

sammib

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:14 AM

Look at the front of the dish. If it is the size and shape of a closed fist, it's an Slimline-3. If it's wide like the DBSTALK logo that's an Slimline-5.

Then, press and hold {INFO} using the DIRECTV-supplied remote. Scroll down to "More System Info" and press {SELECT.} Scroll down until you see the dish type. Does it match what you have?

If you have the Slimline-5 but the dish type is Slimline-3, there's your problem. {MENU}>Settings&Help>Settings>Satellite then repeat Satellite Dish setup and set it properly.

Several Sonic Tap channels are on a satellite only visible to the Slimline-5 dish.

My dish info says Slimline 3S-(SWM). So I assume that I can't get those channels. That's strange because I used to get them before using that same dish. Thanks to all the guys that responded.

#9 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,833 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:48 AM

What does the dish look like? Does it have the wide LNB seen on the DBSTalk logo?
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#10 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,458 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 02 October 2012 - 10:49 AM

They generally don't replace the dish, they just replace the LNB, the part that points towards the reflector. You probably used to have one with three heads.

#11 OFFLINE   sammib

sammib

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:30 PM

What does the dish look like? Does it have the wide LNB seen on the DBSTalk logo?

Does not have the wide LNB.

#12 OFFLINE   sammib

sammib

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

They generally don't replace the dish, they just replace the LNB, the part that points towards the reflector. You probably used to have one with three heads.

That is correct. They did not replace the dish.

spam firewall