Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR22-100 & 3D

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   heelie

heelie

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:51 PM

From everything I've been able to read, the HR 22-100 supports 3D, but I cannot locate the channels in the loww 100's, can someone confirm if this model does indeed support 3D

heelie

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Kevin F

Kevin F

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

It does support 3D. Your tv must also be a 3D model as well. Try rebooting the receiver to see if that works.

Kevin F
Kevin

Good TV (Cable). Better TV (Dish Network). DirecTV.

My Setup

#3 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,925 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

They are 103 through 107. Do you use a favorites list and need to add them?

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#4 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,410 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

Also assuming you don't have one of the older DLP 3D sets that used checkerboard 3D. Though I think there were adapters for some of them.

Disregard if you have a plasma or LCD panel :)

#5 OFFLINE   heelie

heelie

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:17 PM

Thx guys. Have the 3DTV, channels just do not appear on the guide. Any chance it could be in the set up ? As far as rebooting goes, what is the best method ?

heelie

#6 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,410 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

How is your guide setup? All, channels I get or custom? Also, is your tv connected directly to the DVR or going through an AVR? Using HDMI?

Not sure if these would cause the channels not to show n the guide, but could cause issues overall.

Rebooting through the setup menu is always the best way.

#7 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,925 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

Even the TV can't do 3D the channels will show in the guide, but just grayed out.

#8 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,410 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

Thanks RAD. Couldn't check myself, my wife would kill me for playing with it during the game.

#9 OFFLINE   heelie

heelie

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:33 PM

Thx again, won't be able to wrestle the remote away from the family till Mike & Molly are over. However, channel set up is: hide SD dupicates, will try all channels later.

heelie

#10 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,410 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:10 PM

You'd want to go into the guide, and hit the yellow button and check your setup there.

#11 OFFLINE   heelie

heelie

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:33 PM

Currently do not have the 3D TV hooked up to receiver. Rebooted receiver, no 3D in guide, but if I key in a 3D channel, note comes up that this TV is not3D capable . Dumb question, does a 3D tv have to be connected in order for the 3D channels to show up on guide ? which seems odd.

thx, heelie

#12 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,925 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:35 PM

Currently do not have the 3D TV hooked up to receiver. Rebooted receiver, no 3D in guide, but if I key in a 3D channel, note comes up that this TV is not3D capable . Dumb question, does a 3D tv have to be connected in order for the 3D channels to show up on guide ? which seems odd.

thx, heelie

No, if you have the guide set to all channels you will see them in the guide but they are grayed out. You can even record them, you'll just get a warning message about not being able to view but say record anyway.

#13 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,410 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

Hmm, I just looked. My 3D channels on my HR34 only show up when I select all channels, and are grayed out. I have a 3D compatible set (just don't have glasses), 3D compatible receiver and using HDMI.

But I do think its normal for them to not show up as available unless everything is compatible.

#14 OFFLINE   heelie

heelie

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:47 PM

Working, finally had time today to re-hook up 3D TV. Everything is fine, 3D channels show in guide, working good. I still find it odd that the guide will not load the 3D channels unless connected to a 3D TV. Anyhow, it is what it is.
Thx
heelie

#15 OFFLINE   codespy

codespy

Go Pack Go!

• Registered
  • 695 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

Working, finally had time today to re-hook up 3D TV. Everything is fine, 3D channels show in guide, working good. I still find it odd that the guide will not load the 3D channels unless connected to a 3D TV. Anyhow, it is what it is.
Thx
heelie

Had you not got them working, I would have suggested that perhaps DirecTV 3D channels are not available over the border in Ontario. !rolling

#16 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,529 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:44 AM

Had you not got them working, I would have suggested that perhaps DirecTV 3D channels are not available over the border in Ontario. !rolling

It pays to read the fine print. :lol:

DirecTV customer since 1995.

spam firewall