Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Comcast SportsNet Houston

• Please log in to reply
466 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   TravelFan1

TravelFan1

Legend

• Registered
  • 217 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:56 AM

I just thought it was worth it to have a stand-alone forum for this one. I don't live in Houston, but my sister and her family do and they are Directv subscribers.

From what I could gather, both the Astros AND Rockets are now carried by CSH. Shouldn't this be the kiss of death to the need for a provider to carry Fox Sports Houston? I mean, how can Fox Sports Houston justify 2.50 bucks/month it gets to carry Houston Dynamo????

Source for the 2.50/month is below:
http://www.multichan...tup-rsns/139556

I can see Directv pulling a beInSports network/GolTv here, after/if it agrees to carry CSH, i.e., dropping Fox Sports Houston.

Rip: Comcast: July 2005 - April 2009 & Dish Network: April 2009-July 2011
Directv since June 2011 and loving it!
Directv wish list:BBC World News, Fox Deportes HD, WatchEspn, FoxSports2Go

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   maartena

maartena

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,815 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 01:43 PM

I was thoroughly convinced that since sports is DirecTV's bread and butter, it would have to carry PAC12, TWC Sportsnet Los Angeles, and CSN Houston. But I have since then changed that opinion seeing the HARD negotiations done between DirecTV and PAC12 without results.

I still believe they will carry all of the sports networks mentioned above, but I no longer believe they will carry them from day 1. You must be prepared to lose some of the season, it is very possible that negotiations will continue well in to the first and second week.
[Disclaimer] The definition of "soon" is based solely on DirecTV's interpretation of the word, and all similarities with dictionary definitions of the word "soon" are purely coincidental and should not be interpreted as a time frame that will come to pass within a reasonable amount of time.

I am the Stig.

#3 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Registered
  • 834 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:01 PM

These channels will never EVER be on DirecTV. Bail out now and make the company go bankrupt for their stupid decisions.

#4 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,089 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 02 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

These channels will never EVER be on DirecTV. Bail out now and make the company go bankrupt for their stupid decisions.

Little overdramatic huh?
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#5 OFFLINE   TJNash

TJNash

AllStar

• Registered
  • 158 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

Just wondering if you have taken your own advice?:nono:

#6 OFFLINE   mshaw2715

mshaw2715

Breaking the mold

• Registered
  • 834 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Washington

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:52 AM

Here is what will happen to FS Houston. Remaining programing will be absorbed into FS Southwest. I would guess that if Directv addes CSN Houston, it will probably get channel number 678.
http://www.chron.com...ace-3914216.php

#7 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,773 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:56 AM

Already being discussed here.

#8 OFFLINE   TravelFan1

TravelFan1

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 217 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:34 AM

Already being discussed here.

Yes and no - yes, CSH the channel, is being discussed there. CSH on Directv is being discussed here :)

Rip: Comcast: July 2005 - April 2009 & Dish Network: April 2009-July 2011
Directv since June 2011 and loving it!
Directv wish list:BBC World News, Fox Deportes HD, WatchEspn, FoxSports2Go

#9 OFFLINE   twiseguy

twiseguy

Legend

• Registered
  • 168 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:52 AM

It will have to be available on DTV so that kid that`s afraid to fly can see his team play the game he missed while he`s on his bus to the next game.

#10 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:06 PM

It will have to be available on DTV so that kid that`s afraid to fly can see his team play the game he missed while he`s on his bus to the next game.

right now the CSS?? / CSN Houston feed is on other CSN channels.

And am seeing the CSN Houston bottom line as well as CSS logos.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#11 OFFLINE   TXD16

TXD16

Icon

• Registered
  • 872 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

Royce White has a diagnosed, bone-fide anxiety disorder, which, if you have been exposed to it either personally, via a family member, or via a friend, you would know can be absolutely debilitating. No one chooses to be affected by such an affliction.

Just out of curiosity, do you mock cancer patients, too?

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand

#12 OFFLINE   TXD16

TXD16

Icon

• Registered
  • 872 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:50 PM

For those of you who may not have noticed, since the demise of FS Houston (channels 678 and 678-1), DIRECTV has enabled FS Oklahoma (channels 679 and 679-1) for those of us who reside in the Houston/FSSW DMA, and, possibly, beyond.

Although I am still very much in anticipation of the addition of CSN Houston to the DIRECTV lineup, as a former transplanted Okie (and former Norman resident), I like the gesture.

Edited by TXD16, 13 October 2012 - 09:56 PM.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand

#13 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,410 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:30 PM

Anyone who is interested in seeing the CSN Houston feed, the preseason game (Spurs @ Rockets) currently on NBA TV is using that feed.

List of networks with HD VOD content available on DIRECTV   DIRECTV Customer Service Live Online Chat (available from 8am-1am ET)   DIRECTV Regional Sports Network (RSN) fee lookup tool (zip code required)

DIRECTV Premium Channel Pricing: 1=$13.99 ($17.99 for HBO) | 2=$25 ($30 with HBO) | 3=$35 ($40 with HBO) | 4=$43 ($48 with HBO) | All 5=$55 per month 

My Setup: 5-LNB SlimLine with SWM-16 | HR44-700 w/AM-21N | HR24-200 | H25-100 | H25-100 | C41-500

#14 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,773 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:36 PM

Anyone who is interested in seeing the CSN Houston feed, the preseason game (Spurs @ Rockets) currently on NBA TV is using that feed.

Interesting they have the NBC logo along with the CSN logo. I thought at one point they were going to dump the CSN name and go with NBCSN-*city name* (Houston). I guess that might confussion?

#15 OFFLINE   trainman

trainman

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,489 posts
  • LocationSherman Oaks, CA

Posted 14 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

Interesting they have the NBC logo along with the CSN logo. I thought at one point they were going to dump the CSN name and go with NBCSN-*city name* (Houston). I guess that might confussion?

Yeah, all the CSNs have added NBC's colorful bird[*] to their logo. As far as I know, they're sticking with the CSN name for the local channels in order to give the national NBC Sports Network some distinction (especially given its relatively recent name change).

There's also the fact that the NBC network affiliate in San Francisco calls itself "NBC Bay Area," so it might cause some confusion if CSN Bay Area became "NBC Sports Bay Area."

[*] This site's profanity filter won't let me tell you what kind of bird it is.
trainman is Jim Ellwanger

HR34-700 | Linksys WGA-600N | Samsung 46" LCD | Slimline-5 dish

#16 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:50 PM

Yeah, all the CSNs have added NBC's colorful bird[*] to their logo. As far as I know, they're sticking with the CSN name for the local channels in order to give the national NBC Sports Network some distinction (especially given its relatively recent name change).

There's also the fact that the NBC network affiliate in San Francisco calls itself "NBC Bay Area," so it might cause some confusion if CSN Bay Area became "NBC Sports Bay Area."

[*] This site's profanity filter won't let me tell you what kind of bird it is.

also fox is part owner of CSN Bay Area so they may not like it having NBC in the name.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#17 OFFLINE   dstout

dstout

Legend

• Registered
  • 267 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

How much of CSN Bay Area does Fox own?

#18 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,773 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 14 October 2012 - 10:32 PM

How much of CSN Bay Area does Fox own?

25% Link

#19 OFFLINE   Eksynyt

Eksynyt

Icon

• Registered
  • 834 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:24 AM

I honestly hope that DirecTV gets all of these cable RSNs except CSNNW so the Blazers have all of their fans just abandon the team and go elsewhere. I don't even know who is on the team anymore. I can follow all of the other 29 teams easily. Though I doubt DirecTV will ever add this channel as I'm sure Coincast will intentionally charge like $5 a subscriber for it and DirecTV will scoff and leave...giving Coincast a bunch of subscribers in the Houston area.

#20 OFFLINE   WebTraveler

WebTraveler

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

I honestly hope that DirecTV gets all of these cable RSNs except CSNNW so the Blazers have all of their fans just abandon the team and go elsewhere. I don't even know who is on the team anymore. I can follow all of the other 29 teams easily. Though I doubt DirecTV will ever add this channel as I'm sure Coincast will intentionally charge like $5 a subscriber for it and DirecTV will scoff and leave...giving Coincast a bunch of subscribers in the Houston area.

You do have to wonder how accurate the claims are about Comcast's fee being so high. The issue may have been Directv all along just saying no, period. Who knows for sure, but if we watch the Pac 12, Laker channel and this new Houston channel is does make you wonder......

Protected By... spam firewall...And...