Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Comcast SportsNet Houston

• Please log in to reply
470 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   TXD16

TXD16

Icon

• Registered
  • 874 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

We've dealt with this in Portland for years....Comcast and the Blazers.....5 years later we're still waiting....so don't hold your breath, it's not happening.

I'm hoping that the Houston DMA's significantly larger household numbers prove to be something of motivator for both sides, but time will tell.

Then again, being a larger DMA doesn't seem to have helped much in Philly, so who knows?

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 ONLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,798 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 31 October 2012 - 03:19 PM

What gets me is that the Rockets and Astros own the majority of the channel, so I would think they would have some pull over this.

#43 OFFLINE   Tarheel115

Tarheel115

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

CSN HOU feed is on NBA LP now.. ch 754-1

#44 OFFLINE   Visman

Visman

Legend

• Registered
  • 152 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:20 PM

That is great but in Houston I am Blacked out

#45 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,262 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 31 October 2012 - 06:25 PM

Yep;

Just per league rules blacked out in the Houston market of course. ;)

#46 ONLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,243 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

What gets me is that the Rockets and Astros own the majority of the channel, so I would think they would have some pull over this.

Does it have anything to do with Comcast Sports Southwest Channel in Houston / the other CSS?

Directv trying to get a deal that also has CSN Philly / TCN? and CSNNW?
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#47 OFFLINE   kenkraly2004

kenkraly2004

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

I wish Comcast Sportsnet Houston would just add the channel to Directv so they can carry it. They and Directv need to get a deal done already. A deal should have been done with Directv before the Rockets season started.

#48 OFFLINE   TXD16

TXD16

Icon

• Registered
  • 874 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

The lead story tonight on KHOU, right after the 'Bama/LSU game (Roll Tide!), was about the 60% or so of the Houston DMA (DIRECTV, DISH, and U-Verse subs) who can't watch the Rockets games. During the story, a Comcast spokesman said, in essence, that, "We all want a quick resolution." Obviously, the heat's getting turned up just a bit.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand

#49 OFFLINE   TXD16

TXD16

Icon

• Registered
  • 874 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:35 AM

This appeared on page 2 of this morning's Houston Chronicle sports section. The heat is, indeed, on.

Attached Thumbnails

• GetContentCA3PX3W7.jpg

#50 OFFLINE   tulanejosh

tulanejosh

Godfather

• Registered
  • 426 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

This appeared on page 2 of this morning's Houston Chronicle sports section. The heat is, indeed, on.

I wouldn't say heat is on with this. This is the same out spin "call your provider and let them know") that we see with every dispute.

#51 OFFLINE   TXD16

TXD16

Icon

• Registered
  • 874 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:08 PM

I wouldn't say heat is on with this. This is the same out spin "call your provider and let them know") that we see with every dispute.

Yeah, but you didn't see the sweat on the brow of the Comcast spokesman last night like I did. ;)

#52 OFFLINE   bmac

bmac

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 03:32 PM

so why is the Rocket game on Comcast on league pass but the Time Warner laker games not on league pass. Im not in either teams territory. Last night I only had the Detroit feed on LP.

#53 OFFLINE   tulanejosh

tulanejosh

Godfather

• Registered
  • 426 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

Yeah, but you didn't see the sweat on the brow of the Comcast spokesman last night like I did. ;)

Sure i did. I live in the Woodlands.

#54 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,171 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

so why is the Rocket game on Comcast on league pass but the Time Warner laker games not on league pass. Im not in either teams territory. Last night I only had the Detroit feed on LP.

I don't think you will see the twc feed unless there is no other feed available for them to use.

#55 OFFLINE   Tarheel115

Tarheel115

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:10 PM

I don't understand that either.. CSN Phily is not on LP but CSN HOU and CSN NW are...

#56 OFFLINE   WebTraveler

WebTraveler

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

Nah, they have thick skin. 5 yrs now in Portland for the Blazers....no way this channel ends up on Directv unless a change in culture comes about.....why would they add Houston and not Portland or Philadelphia? Very telling right there....

#57 OFFLINE   tulanejosh

tulanejosh

Godfather

• Registered
  • 426 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:27 AM

Nah, they have thick skin. 5 yrs now in Portland for the Blazers....no way this channel ends up on Directv unless a change in culture comes about.....why would they add Houston and not Portland or Philadelphia? Very telling right there....

CSN Philly is a different situation.

There are already other CSN on directv. Mid Atlantic California Bay Area Chicago New England New York. CSN Philly is not indicative of CSN Houston's chances.

#58 OFFLINE   Snickering Hound

Snickering Hound

Mentor

• Registered
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:33 PM

Kinda apples and oranges.

The Trailblazers approached Comcast Sportsnet Northwest after they were dropped by Fox Sports after the 06-07 season. Comcast owns the channel and are quite happy to have the exclusive rights and putting the screws to providers that would like to show the games. The Trailblazers are actually ticked off about the situation.

Comcast Sportnet Houston on the other hand is only 20% owned by Comcast NBC with the Astros owning 40ish% and the Rockets 30ish%.

I'd guess that the Astros and Comcast are both holding out hoping for a better deal but by Spring when the Astros are about to start up there will be a deal.

#59 OFFLINE   kenkraly2004

kenkraly2004

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:03 PM

Directv needs to just get it's act together and add CSN Houston. It's a shame they can't make a deal with Comcast and it's not right for customers in Houston to be without those channels. Stop being cheap and add the channel.

#60 OFFLINE   FenixTX

FenixTX

Godfather

• Registered
  • 475 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

Directv needs to just get it's act together and add CSN Houston. It's a shame they can't make a deal with Comcast and it's not right for customers in Houston to be without those channels. Stop being cheap and add the channel.

Stop being cheap??? Comments like that annoy me. I'm not saying you are one of these people but it's very annoying when people complain about a channel agreement not being reached but if they add the channel and rates go up they want to complain about that. You can't have it both ways. The provider is in a no win. I'm a huge sports fan but I applaud DirecTV for standing up and not giving in to these high over priced sporting networks. And I live in an Astros and Rockets DMA so right now I can't see either.
Go Big Red!!!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...