Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Existing Time Warner Cable wiring in every room Compatable or Not?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tyrant666

tyrant666

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

Ok I am looking for input from any installers (in areas that have Time Warner)that have come across this before.

I am getting ready to move to another house across town. Obviously I will be using the Movers Advantage program for my DirecTV move.

The existing home is already wired for Time Warner Cable in every room that I want DirecTV. My receivers consist of HR21-700, HR21-700, HR22-100, R22-200 and R22-200. My question is can I use the existing Time Warner Cable wiring connections with DirecTV?

Time Warner Cable TV would not be active but I would like to have Time Warner Internet (Roadrunner) if the Time Warner Internet is not compatable with the DirecTV I guess I could run one cable from the Time Warner access box to where I want Time Warner Modem.

Are there any filters installers would carry if Time Warner Internet broadcasts on the same frequency as DirecTV?

Also I was going to get the Cinema Connection Kit for whole home viewing. I have whole home viewing now at my existing place but it is via ethernet and dont want to run the wires in the new house.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jeff

Edited by tyrant666, 02 October 2012 - 03:26 PM.
Grammer

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   BAHitman

BAHitman

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 431 posts
  • LocationAustin Texas

Posted 02 October 2012 - 03:27 PM

This depends on the setup that TWC had...

I just helped my uncle upgrade. in his case, TWC had an amp in the box and we were able to put the PI in that place, then use the other cables to the sat boxes, and leave the computer room's cable run connected for the roadrunner. it was a piece of cake and I had prelabled the cables for the installer... 1 wire run from the TWC box to the dish and he was done...

it all depends on how TWC did the cable runs...

HR34, HR20x3, HR22, HR23, H24, H21

-BAHitman

Protected By... spam firewall...And...