Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Recording Audio From A DISH 322 Receiver

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Jim148

Jim148

Godfather

• Registered
  • 319 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 07:56 PM

My mother and father in law have a DISH 322 receiver. They enjoy listening to Channel 951 Country Gold. In fact, they would like to record some of this for their own personal listening enjoyment in their vehicle when they are away from home. I looked at the DISH 322 manual and it appears as if there composite RCA jacks on the back for both TV1 and TV2. Anyway, since I am not near their residence, can anybody advise me if the 322 RCA jacks are "live" all the time? It sounds to me like their current TV2 is fed via the F connector through RG-59 or RG-6 coaxial cable.

Anyway, if the RCA jacks are sending audio, I want to have them get a patch cord that goes from RCA to 3.5 mm plug into a personal computer and create some MP3 files. Can anybody here recommend and good, freeware suitable for creating MP3 files? I have done something similar in the past and I seem to recall the inherent problem was you either created large MP3 files, as it recorded many songs per file, or you spent a lot of time starting and stopping the program. In either case it might still be very suitable for them because they basically want to have an MP3 player to listen to country music from the suburban Saint Paul MN area to Las Vegas.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   John79605

John79605

Legend

• Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:06 PM

I think Audacity might be the software you need. I found the manual online and it will let you split a long recording. I use Audio Cleaning Lab but it isn't freeware.

spam firewall