Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Choice XTRA Free Preview OCT 2nd -8th Question

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   robmadden1

robmadden1

Legend

• Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:07 AM

Have boomerang and the other channels taken away from Choice EXTRA been added back? I am getting them with the free preview and I have the newer Choice Extra and not the classic version.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,179 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:31 AM

The packages located here show that Boomerang is in the Choice Ultimate package and not the Choice Extra.

http://www.directv.c...oternavtype=-1

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#3 OFFLINE   robmadden1

robmadden1

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 138 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:20 AM

I know that but they are allowing access to the channel with the Choice XTRA free preview this week. This will make it seem you can get it if you dont subscribe to Choice XTRA already. They may havr added it back to Choice XTRA and moved it back down fron ultimate is all I am saying it seems like.

#4 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,179 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 03 October 2012 - 10:22 AM

You could call them and ask.
Lots of times what is written on a website is out of date.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#5 OFFLINE   Joe Spears

Joe Spears

Duplicate User (Account Closed)

• Banned User
  • 109 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:21 PM

It appears there giving a free preview of the old Choice Xtra Classic (now grandfathered) might have been an authorization mistake. Because I am getting the following channels and currently have Choice Xtra (non-granfathered):
Boomerang
Chiller
NHL Network
Sprout
Style
Tennis Channel

#6 OFFLINE   HGuardian

HGuardian

Godfather

• Registered
  • 429 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:21 PM

It's nice they are giving away the extra channels but it's a pretty crappy mistake and I'm sure will create a nuisance with CSRs.

"Hi, I'd like to upgrade to Choice Xtra."

"OK. Are the channels showing up on your screen?"

"No. I'm on NHL Network and it still says not authorized."

"You need Choice Ultimate for NHL Network."

"I had it during the Choice Xtra Free Preview."

etc.

#7 OFFLINE   jimstick

jimstick

AllStar

• Registered
  • 103 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:22 AM

I was on the grandfathered Choice Xtra Classic package and was receiving those channels, but last week, I ordered Showtime for the new season of Dexter, and was told I had to change to the new Choice Xtra package to get Showtime, and now I don't get those channels anymore. I think I have been duped.
Jim

#8 OFFLINE   Shades228

Shades228

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 5,914 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:06 PM

I was on the grandfathered Choice Xtra Classic package and was receiving those channels, but last week, I ordered Showtime for the new season of Dexter, and was told I had to change to the new Choice Xtra package to get Showtime, and now I don't get those channels anymore. I think I have been duped.

You should not have been forced to change. If you call back with in 30 days you can get your old one back. You only have to change if you want to make changes on the website.
All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#9 OFFLINE   Sylardx

Sylardx

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:20 AM

I am also getting channels like Boomerang and the NHL Network that I do not normally get as part of the Choice XTRA, which I already have.

Does Directv realize they are showing the old Choice Xtra package?

#10 OFFLINE   Dude111

Dude111

Legend

• Registered
  • 475 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:54 PM

They shouldnt have done that!!!!!!! -- THEY CANT TAKE YOU OFF WHAT YOU HAD BEFORE IT WAS DISCOTINUED!!!

You should call them back and explain you have been a loyal DTV fan for many years and you dont feel like your being treated as such and you want your old package back!!

Good luck -- DONT JUST SIT THERE,TAKE ACTION :)

#11 OFFLINE   Joe Spears

Joe Spears

Duplicate User (Account Closed)

• Banned User
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 02:27 AM

Wow Dude111 you seem to bump a ton of past threads...

I noticed I am still able to download content from Boomerang On Demand after this free trial, anyway else with Choice Xtra (non-granfathered) able to also?

spam firewall