Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Primeval: New World - Acquired by SyFy

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,126 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:36 AM

Syfy Acquires "Primeval: New World" from Entertainment One

NEW YORK - October 3, 2012 - Syfy has acquired Primeval: New World, the next generation of the hit Primeval, from Entertainment One.

Scheduled to premiere on the Channel in 2013, Primeval: New World joins Syfy's growing roster of popular original series acquisitions including Lost Girl, Merlin and the upcoming Sinbad.

The 13-episode series will . . . .

SOURCE
DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:52 PM

FANTASTIC!!!!

The original Primeval that was on BBCA was very well done and was one of my favorite shows.

There are still rumors that it will get brought back, but the issue was production costs and I doubt it.

Now we need to talk SyFy into getting Contiuum!

Lloyd
Receiver : DirecTV Genie HR44-700, Dish Hopper w/Sling & Super Joey
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

#3 OFFLINE   yall2

yall2

Mentor

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 02:46 PM

Is Lost Girl any good?

#4 OFFLINE   Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 511 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:16 PM

If it has anything like the production values of the original Primeval, it will be great, so this is very good news. If it is done mainly on-the-cheap like some of these shows, then it will tank pretty quickly.

I'm not sure I understand the USA audience. The complete rejection of Charlie Jade was unexplainable to me, as the show was quite good. (I had to purchase the DVDs to see it though, :( so I wonder how this will fare.)
Luke

Sagaciously eschew obfuscating sesquipedalianisms.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.--from Joan of Arcadia

#5 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,267 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

FANTASTIC!!!!

The original Primeval that was on BBCA was very well done and was one of my favorite shows.

There are still rumors that it will get brought back, but the issue was production costs and I doubt it.

Now we need to talk SyFy into getting Contiuum!

I had heard that too and that at one point Starz was going to produce it, but it never happened. I'll definitely give this one a try. I just kinda hope that don't just take the same stories from the original though.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#6 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:58 PM

Is Lost Girl any good?

Yes it is very good. And with a pair of hotties in the lead roles, it is some fine watching too! :)

Lloyd

#7 OFFLINE   Drew2k

Drew2k

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,979 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:36 PM

I was going to watch Primeval when it first came to the states, but never got around to watching it, so I guess I'm going to have to catch up on Primeval on Netflix ... if it's there.

#8 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

It is on Netflix. All seasons.

Lloyd

#9 ONLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,020 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

Just as long as the new "monsters" are not combinations of 2 existing species that have mated and made a new one in the future that now has the name of both pushed together..

#10 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:01 AM

If it has anything like the production values of the original Primeval, it will be great, so this is very good news. If it is done mainly on-the-cheap like some of these shows, then it will tank pretty quickly.

I'm not sure I understand the USA audience. The complete rejection of Charlie Jade was unexplainable to me, as the show was quite good. (I had to purchase the DVDs to see it though, :( so I wonder how this will fare.)

You're the first person besides myself that ever wayched Charlie Jade. I thought the show was terrific!

#11 OFFLINE   RASCAL01

RASCAL01

Godfather

• Registered
  • 297 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:15 PM

I watched Charlie Jade also.
RASCAL01
DISH 622, Hopper, Hopper2, Joey
TOSHIBA REGZA 55 LED/LCD 24O HZ
SONY AV 5.1 SOUROUND SOUND
SONY 3D BLUE RAY PLAYER

#12 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,267 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:02 AM

You're the first person besides myself that ever wayched Charlie Jade. I thought the show was terrific!

Charlie Jade was a great show. Was there more than one season that was not aired here in the U.S.?

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#13 OFFLINE   longrider

longrider

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,230 posts
  • LocationElizabeth, CO

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:22 AM

Another fan of Charlie Jade here, while a second season was discussed it never happened. I think there was just too much going on considering it was a Canadian production company working in South Africa and was getting support from both the Canadian and South African governments.

I watched it on SyFy and had to get the DVD after that. Fortunately my Bluray player can transcode PAL DVDs and is region free (at least on PAL format)
My Setup

#14 OFFLINE   Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 511 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 12:09 PM

Completely off topic:

Charlie Jade was a flawed production due to changes in writers and direction (what was with those blue stones, and then that subject was just dropped, why were 01 and Charlie the only ones who could cross universes at will, and what did water have to do with the crossing, etc). It was a darn good idea and story. And a great name "VEXcore" for the evil company.

A second season was planned, but never greenlit.
Luke

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.--from Joan of Arcadia

#15 OFFLINE   longrider

longrider

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,230 posts
  • LocationElizabeth, CO

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

One final off-topic post for the Charlie Jade fans, it is now on Netflix: http://movies.netfli...e-Jade/70217322
My Setup

#16 ONLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,006 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:38 PM

Several of my friends and I watched Charlie Jade.

Edited by RunnerFL, 06 October 2012 - 12:04 AM.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#17 OFFLINE   Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 511 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:46 PM

The original Primeval was really good until they started killing everybody off, and dropping the original cast. For some reason, I tlerated it on MI-5 better than Primeval. I hope they don't have such a volitile cast on P:New World.
Luke

#18 OFFLINE   Drucifer

Drucifer

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 8,126 posts
  • LocationNY Hudson Valley

Posted 28 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

Syfy's Newest Original Series "Sinbad" and "Primeval: New World"
Will Premiere Saturday, June 8

Posted Image

Following at 10PM (ET/PT) will be Primeval: New World. The 13-episode series will star Niall Matter (Eureka), Sara Canning (The Vampire Diaries) and Danny Rahim (Eastenders) as a team of animal experts and scientists investigating paranormal events, while battling both prehistoric and futuristic creatures. Amanda Tapping, who starred in the Syfy series Sanctuary, is on board to direct several episodes.

Based on the original series from Impossible Pictures, Primeval: New World's creative team is led by executive producers Martin Wood (Sanctuary, Stargate: Atlantis) and Gillian Horvath (Sanctuary, Highlander). The spin-off was created by Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens (Star Trek: Enterprise, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Lost World) and written by Gillian Horvath, Peter Hume (Charmed, Flash Gordon), Jon Cooksey (The Collector, The Outer Limits), Sarah Dodd (Flashpoint, Arctic Air), Katherine Collins (Endgame), and Judith and Garfield Reeve-Stevens.

. . . .

READ MORE
DREW
Do it Right, Do it Once
LR: HR34-7, Den: HR24-1, MB: HR24-5, Bsm: HR24-2, Kit: H25-5
PrimeStar '95, DirecTV  '00

#19 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:40 PM

Great news! I was getting discouraged that this new Primeval would ever show up.

The old one was so good, but looks to never actually be revived.

Lloyd

#20 OFFLINE   mreposter

mreposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:52 PM

I've seen a couple of the British Sinbad's that SyFy is going to run paired up with Primeval and didn't really like it. It's a mix of historical setting, hip contemporary and was a muddled mess.

But back to the main topic, I hope the US version of Primeval is much fun as the original. That first episode with the dinosaur stomping through suburbia was pretty cool.
.......... There are none so blind as those who can not see it in HD.
.......... Directv customer since January 2000.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...