Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Additional Directv Everywhere channels launching tomorrow

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   dbstv

dbstv

AllStar

• Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

No idea how to do this add the channels to live streaming channel lists

but it works onmy ipad 3 also tried on my daughters iTouch same thing

Did you add the channels to your live streaming channel lists?

If so, I guess it's a process to get everything to work on all devices, I am sure if it works on one, it will eventually work on all.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,730 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:06 PM

No idea how to do this add the channels to live streaming channel lists

but it works onmy ipad 3 also tried on my daughters iTouch same thing

Choose the little pencil on the top right of the live channel streaming widget. Then scroll down, and add the channels, they are not on by default.

Attached Thumbnails

• image-1165175578.jpg
  • image-117169540.jpg

#43 OFFLINE   dbstv

dbstv

AllStar

• Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:41 PM

This is how it is setup on my system
I want to watch is 620 works on iPad 3 only away from home

Choose the little pencil on the top right of the live channel streaming widget. Then scroll down, and add the channels, they are not on by default.

#44 OFFLINE   Civrock

Civrock

Legend

• Registered
  • 137 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 07 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

You have to add the channels in your app and make them visible.

Click on the live TV streaming icon (looks like a pencil). That will pull up a list of channels that are streamable....go to the bottom and make sure to add the channels that were just launched.

Does this include the iPhone app? I can't seem to get Live TV to work outside of my home wifi for the channels that are supposed to be available 'out of home'... and I don't really want to take my iPad to work.

#45 OFFLINE   Tubaman-Z

Tubaman-Z

Godfather

• Registered
  • 498 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 02:08 PM

I was able to get live streaming at home on my iPod Touch, but nothing outside of my home. It apparently needs to validate access with my receiver.

Kevin

My top 5 wishlist: 1) Free MRV HR to HR 2) Fix Channels I Receive so that it is accurate 3) > 50 SeriesLink 4) Usage of both internal and external drives concurrently 5) Support for other video providers as DoD (i.e. Hulu, CBS)   

DirecTV HR21-200, 2008 (DirecTV anniversary gift)
DirecTV HR20-100 (2TB eSATA), 2007
DirecTV since 1995

<><

#46 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:00 PM

Available only on iPad for full functionality. I believe iPhone has in home streaming, but not out of home yet. Android devices coming in a few months if I recall.
DIRECTV employee

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#47 OFFLINE   zimm7778

zimm7778

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:13 PM

Glad they added additional channels.
With fios you can watch esp channels thru an app called "watch espn" . Wish D* would get an agreement with espn.

Yeah but if you only have their FIOS Internet you cannot watch anything through that app!

#48 OFFLINE   Civrock

Civrock

Legend

• Registered
  • 137 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 09 October 2012 - 05:51 PM

I believe iPhone has in home streaming, but not out of home yet.

Is this being worked on for an upcoming update? You don't happen to have an ETA, do you? The iPhone 5 app also needs support for the 16:9 resolution. :)

#49 OFFLINE   Satelliteracer

Satelliteracer

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:40 PM

Is this being worked on for an upcoming update? You don't happen to have an ETA, do you? The iPhone 5 app also needs support for the 16:9 resolution. :)

yes
DIRECTV employee

All comments are my own. Unless specifically stated, my views do NOT represent the views of DIRECTV

#50 OFFLINE   Civrock

Civrock

Legend

• Registered
  • 137 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 23 November 2012 - 10:00 PM

Can we expect additional ON THE GO channels on iOS in the near future? I noticed that DIRECTV Everywhere got quite a few additional networks. :)

spam firewall