Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hopper wiring and the Node

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cclement

cclement

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

I'm ready to pull the trigger and get a Hopper and Joey to replace my 722 and 622. But I have older coaxial RG6 that isn't swept to 3Gz. After reading more and talking to an installer, that 3Gz cable only needs to be between the node and the Hopper. So my question, is this possible?

I have 3 RG6 runs to my 722, 2 from my 34 switch and 1 from my antenna. They all come my utility room. So can I put the solo node behind the Hopper and take the 2 satellite lines in from my new Dish 1000.2 in to the node and use the third RG6 as an "out" that will go to my Joey?

Thanks for you help!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,857 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 03 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

See www.dishuser.org/hopper.php for diagrams (PDF files)

#3 OFFLINE   gtal98

gtal98

Godfather

• Registered
  • 363 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:26 PM

Yes, that should work. What is your cable swept to? 2.25 GHz? It may have it printed on the side of it.

#4 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,857 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

"swept" in not the final point of discarding the existing cable: old reels of RG-6 cable just not swept to 3 GHZ, but works with h2k's nodes just fine

Protected By... spam firewall...And...