Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

auto hop question

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jefte1

jefte1

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:54 PM

Just got the hopper installed yesterday and I Love it!!!!! question is this morning my wife said she was watching survivor and enabled the autohop. she said it didn't start out skipping the commercials than all of a sudden half way thru it was doing it on its own.we than watched another program hit the enable autohop and i had to nit the forward button to jump ahead past the commercials. is it suppose to skip the commercials without you touching the remote or am I doing something wrong? thanks in advance for your help.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RASCAL01

RASCAL01

Godfather

• Registered
  • 297 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:04 PM

It will auto hop with out touching the remote. It talkes a few seconds for it to hop so you will see the beginning of a commercial.
RASCAL01
DISH 622, Hopper, Hopper2, Joey
TOSHIBA REGZA 55 LED/LCD 24O HZ
SONY AV 5.1 SOUROUND SOUND
SONY 3D BLUE RAY PLAYER

#3 OFFLINE   722921

Legend

• Registered
  • 233 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:16 AM

It took me a few times to realize this also...all is good.
Related queston; is there a way to autohop on programs other than PTAT?
Hopper feeds the 73" Mitz WD-73640 3D DLP/1080p (and 19" Polaroid LCD/720p via RF)
Joey 1 feeds the 62" Mitz WD-62628 DLP/1080P (and 16" Polaroid LCD/720p via RF)
Joey 2 feeds the new 40" Specter LCD black friday special
Dish America Pkg

#4 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:05 AM

Right now AutoHop is only on PTAT only. No word if or when it would be available for any other programing. IMO, it is a big task to have it for four channels 3 to 4 hours per day, it would be a never ending project, not to mention the man hours needed for number of channels and programs Dish offers.

#5 OFFLINE   722921

Legend

• Registered
  • 233 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:36 AM

I guess I'm getting spoiled by not having to skip commercials manually. Surely don't want to record all channels at once, but autohop on those programs I do record would be nice.
Hopper feeds the 73" Mitz WD-73640 3D DLP/1080p (and 19" Polaroid LCD/720p via RF)
Joey 1 feeds the 62" Mitz WD-62628 DLP/1080P (and 16" Polaroid LCD/720p via RF)
Joey 2 feeds the new 40" Specter LCD black friday special
Dish America Pkg

Protected By... spam firewall...And...