Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Picture Break-Up on HD Channels

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   HappyTheManFan

HappyTheManFan

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

I had my THR-22 installed two weeks ago with a new Slim Line 3 dish and the B-band adapters since we are still using a lot of legacy equipment and don't have SWM. This is the first time we have had HD service, but we assumed that HD was a mature product and wouldn't give us any problems. I guess we were wrong.

Every show we record in HD starts breaking up at approximately 5 minutes into the show. The pixilation lasts about 3-4 minutes then goes away for the rest of the recording. It doesn't matter what channel, what time of day, or what the weather is like. Every show follows this pattern down to the minute. SD records flawlessly on all channels.

Any ideas what might be wrong?

Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,479 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

You should call them and have them come back to fix your problem. It definitely should not be doing that. You have a 90 warranty after installation / upgrade that costs you zero.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#3 OFFLINE   codespy

codespy

Go Pack Go!

• Registered
  • 706 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:13 PM

Jimmie's right.....call and complain and have them make it right. I have never had issues like these with the THR22.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...