Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Please help...need locals getting 771 error code ? ? ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tony550

tony550

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:39 PM

I recently had a new direct tv SWM system with a 3 eye lnb instaled at my home. I have 2 receivers one being a hd dvr model # HR24-200 and the other being a basic hd receiver model # H25-500.I am using my Miami address as my service address and am only receiving 4 of 17 possible locals I live in Land O Lakes,fl. All my other channels work perfect. Anytime I try to tune in a local station it gives me a 771 error code. Is there a zip code that will work for me or do i need to realign dish ? ? ? I am a novice and iI found this website.....PLEASE can anyone help solve my problem or tell me what i need to do.

I also have a cinema connection kit installed i believe its a router or what powers the swim system.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,334 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:07 PM

are you setting this up at you service address? or are you taking the receiver to some other place? if so where?

locals channels are delivered via spot beams aimed at the specific city. once you are outside the spot beam you get 771
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#3 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,123 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:20 PM

Call DirecTV and have them change the service address to your home address.
The receivers only get locals at the service address.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#4 OFFLINE   tony550

tony550

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:24 PM

Its already set up and working its just i really want to watch my miami locals but im in land o lakes and i was told my system DOES NOT pick up the 119 which is where they are ? Like i said im receiving 4 of 17 locals but my main fox,nbc,and cbs affilates while not tune in. They show up on guide and they will list program heading on channel but no audio or pic. I am in a real unique situation i believe. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#5 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,123 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:34 PM

A Slimline 5 SWM has the 119 sat. It has 3 plastic housing in the LNB area. This one gets the 99,101, 103, 110 and 119 sats.

The Slimline 3 has just 1 plastic housing. It gets the 99,101 and 103 sats.

Also note that the 119 only sends out SD Locals.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#6 OFFLINE   RobertE

RobertE

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,024 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:34 PM

You have essentially "moved" out of your service area. Move the receivers back to where they are supposed to be or offically move the service address which will result in Tampa locals.
Have an Error or Diagnostic code? Find out what it means and how to fix it here: Click Me
Having issues with your HD locals? Report them here: Click Me
Is your receiver compatible with MRV? Check Here

#7 OFFLINE   tony550

tony550

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:51 PM

My slimline has 3 housings 1 with a lip and 2 without. I am a 2 week old customer with direct and am wondering why some of my "miami" locals are working in lol but the others are not. How do i know which model I have ? Do different zip codes control different spot beams ?

#8 OFFLINE   west99999

west99999

Icon

• Registered
  • 876 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:55 PM

What you are doing is lying about where your service is to get locals from a different area and is against terms of service and also against forum policy. No one can help you here.

#9 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,123 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

My slimline has 3 housings 1 with a lip and 2 without. I am a 2 week old customer with direct and am wondering why some of my "miami" locals are working in lol but the others are not. How do i know which model I have ? Do different zip codes control different spot beams ?

The bold above verifies it is a Slimline 5.

To check the Setup to see if it is set to Slimline 5:
Press and hold the Info button on the remote for about 3 or 4 seconds. The system Info will come to the screen. Choose More Info. Press Channel down 1 time. The Dish type should be right there with the operating temperature, Dish Type, etc.

#10 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,222 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

I am a 2 week old customer with direct and am wondering why some of my "miami" locals are working in lol but the others are not.

In a word - spotbeams. The Miami locals are transmitted only to the market area of the country that can subscribe to that content. There is a physical limit to the geographic area that each spotbeam covers (it is more than just software that prevents one from receiving the signal out of market). While the spotbeams are not precise enough to cut off at the county line where one would officially leave that market, service outside of that market is NOT intended and violates the TOS of DirecTV.

As already stated, if you want Miami locals put your dish and home at your service address. Receiving these stations out of market is not allowed ... and we will not help you violate the TOS.

spam firewall