Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Whole Home Networking Losing Connections

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   rrbhokies

rrbhokies

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 08:25 AM

We have 3 receivers (All HR-24) connected through the DECA. Everything was working fine up until about 3 weeks ago. Now, one of the DVRs gets dropped several times a day and another gets dropped a couple of times a week. However, they all come back on their own, sometimes within just a few minutes.

So, for example, sitting in Family Room and get a message saying Master Bedroom connection lost. However, an hour later, the Master Bedroom is connected again and I can see and access the shows.

Any thoughts?
HR34 Genie, Two HR24-500's, HR21-100 :
Samsung 55" LED 6150, Samsung 46" LED 6050, Sony 52" Bravia LCD , Sony 40" Bravia LCD, Sony HCD-X1 2.1 Home Theatre, Samsung Blu-Ray DVD Player, Apple TV 3rd generation, Xbox 360, Wii , XM Radio

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   kepper

kepper

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 10:14 AM

We have 3 receivers (All HR-24) connected through the DECA. Everything was working fine up until about 3 weeks ago. Now, one of the DVRs gets dropped several times a day and another gets dropped a couple of times a week. However, they all come back on their own, sometimes within just a few minutes.

So, for example, sitting in Family Room and get a message saying Master Bedroom connection lost. However, an hour later, the Master Bedroom is connected again and I can see and access the shows.

Any thoughts?

I was talking with someone in DTVs Case Management group yesterday about my issues with the latest HR34 firmware and home networking, and she asked me if I was having home networking issues with my HR21 or HR24... I asked why she asked and she said that there have been issues identified with home networking in those units as well.

She indicated that there will be an upcoming firmware release to address networking issues with all HD DVRs as it has been reported by a number of users.

#3 OFFLINE   employee3

employee3

Legend

• Registered
  • 155 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 07:29 PM

Good. I'm glad it's not just me. My HR34 will lose all whole-home connections to my other HR24s and HR20. Those machines can still see the content on the HR34 but the HR34 won't come back until I reboot it.
C'mon people, it's just TV.

spam firewall