Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

HD Locals: Yakima/Pasco/Richland/Kennewick, WA

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek

On the edge

• Super Moderators
  • 8,872 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:11 PM

DMA: Yakima/Pasco/Richland/Kennewick, WA
Established:

HD Locals available in this DMA
  • CBS - KEPR (19)
  • NBC - KNDO (23)
  • PBS - KTNW (31)
  • ABC - KAPP (35)
  • PBS - KYVE (47)

For instructions, please visit this thread

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, Dish Network, or any other company.
Become a DBSTalk.com member or join the CE program HERE

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Michael Hilley

Michael Hilley

Legend

• Registered
  • 185 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 12:59 PM

h

Edited by Michael Hilley, 12 December 2013 - 08:25 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   Michael Hilley

Michael Hilley

Legend

• Registered
  • 185 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

g

Edited by Michael Hilley, 12 December 2013 - 08:24 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   jimstick

jimstick

AllStar

• Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:46 AM

I recently tuned my Directv HR20-700 to the local FOX affiliate OTA KFFX 11.1, and found a message that says: "Searching for signal on the off-air tuner". I have the cable from my antenna split to my TV and the HR20. My TV displays the channel normally. When I check the signal strength on the HR20, it shows 0%. My TV shows 75%. The channel 11.1 is shown in the antenna setup for my DMA, and I have it selected. The same applies to the 11.2 sub-channel. It has worked in the past. I get the channel 11 over satellite, so it's not a big deal, just wondering what could cause this? All the other local OTA's are fine. I have 2 HR20-700's, and it is same on both. Did try a restart, no help. Also, redid initial antenna setup. Still no. I have both HR's networked via DECA, SWM8, MRV, CCK, Slimline-5 Ox62c.
Jim

#5 OFFLINE   Michael Hilley

Michael Hilley

Legend

• Registered
  • 185 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 04:23 PM

m

Edited by Michael Hilley, 12 December 2013 - 08:23 PM.

#6 OFFLINE   jimstick

jimstick

AllStar

• Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:49 AM

Thanks! I'll give that a try as soon as I get home from work.
Jim

#7 OFFLINE   jimstick

jimstick

AllStar

• Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:38 PM

Unfortunately, that did not solve my problem. I even tried an RBR after, no luck. Another piece of info, I just bought another HR20 and got it all set up, and it does recieve 11.1 and 11.2., but the other 2 do not.
Jim

#8 OFFLINE   Michael Hilley

Michael Hilley

Legend

• Registered
  • 185 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:45 PM

x

Edited by Michael Hilley, 12 December 2013 - 08:22 PM.

#9 OFFLINE   jimstick

jimstick

AllStar

• Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:18 AM

Thank you very much for your info and ideas. I did what you said about resetting the antenna setup, and put in a random zip code (happened to be New York City), which, coincidentally also has an 11.1 & 11.2, and then I was recieving programming on those 2 channels. Of course, the guide then showed the programming for New York's channels, but I was recieving the local 11.1 & 11.2 signal. So, then I went back and did another reset and setup with the local zip, and now I have all the locals in the list, in the guide, and programming, with the exception of 11.2.

I read your post in this thread from last year that discussed the randomness, and flakyness of 11.2, so this must be a spotbeam issue. While trying different things, I put in Spokane's zip code, which also has 11.1 & 11.2, and like I said, Spokane's channels show in the guide, but I can actually watch the local 11.1 & 11.2 (KFFX & KFFXDT2) through the DVR. Back to the local zip again, and I am recieving 11.1, but not 11.2. It says it is searching for signal on the off-air tuner, and then there is a code, I believe it is 796? Can't remember for sure.

But, when I go to the signal meter, it shows the same signal on 11.2 as 11.1. Anyway, just FYI, I have 1 amplified antenna, split to all 3 DVR's, and then 1 leg split to 1 TV tuner, I have nothing diplexed, not run through the SWM, all RG6, the signal strength has been sufficient for a steady picture, and has been this way for years. The software version on all 3 DVR's is 0x62c. Networked via DECA, CCK SWM8, 4 way splitter.

I am going to try shutting down all the DVR's and resetting the SWM, as I have not done this in a while, and see if that helps, but I am guessing this is a D* issue, and will not be resolved by anything I can do.
Jim

#10 OFFLINE   Michael Hilley

Michael Hilley

Legend

• Registered
  • 185 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:50 AM

b

Edited by Michael Hilley, 12 December 2013 - 08:21 PM.

#11 OFFLINE   jimstick

jimstick

AllStar

• Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

I tried that. It didn't work. I only get the Tri-Cities 11.1 & 11.2 in the channel list, even though all the other Spokane channels are there. I still have not tried to reset the SWM. Maybe that will help. I feel the same way as you, I don't watch SD either, so I'll probably never watch 11.2, and I can still get it on my tv tuner. I might try putting Spokane as my primary, and Tri-Cities as secondary, and see if that works.
Jim

#12 OFFLINE   jimstick

jimstick

AllStar

• Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:45 AM

Well, I still don't get 11.2. I am not getting it on any of my boxes, and I don't believe I was ever getting it on the latest one I just bought,either. I think I only checked 11.1 and thought I was getting both. I tried a power down of all three and reset the SWM, and the only thing that changed was the HDD I my latest box is now fried. Before that, I tried putting in Spokane as primary and Tri-cities as secondary, but I still only get the one channel 11.2 from the Tri-cities in the channel list, so the workaround you suggested does not work. At this point, I am done messing with it as I really wasn't prepared to have to replace a hard drive over it, but like I said before, it is obviously some sort of a spot beam issue. Thanks again for all your suggestions.
Jim

spam firewall