Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Neighboring Locals on D*?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   firemantom26

firemantom26

Mentor

• Registered
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:23 PM

I have a AM21 hooked to a HR24 to receive Pittsburgh OTA . Is there any way to get the OTA channels on my H25 boxes or will I need a HR34 and C31 boxes.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Davenlr

Davenlr

Geek til I die

• Registered
  • 9,090 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:24 PM

Since the H25 isnt a DVR anyway, just hook your antenna to the antenna jack on the TV its connected to, and do a scan. Then you can just flip from Video to antenna on the TV remote to watch all the locals.

Tivo Premier XL4, Tivo Premier, Tivo HD whole home on Xfinity HD, DirecTv Whole Home with 39" high gain KaKu dish, Roku3,SageTv 8 TB Win8 Server -> DVDO Edge-> Denon AVR, Klipsch KB15's/Panasonic 55ST60 plasma"

#23 OFFLINE   shaun-ohio

shaun-ohio

Icon

• Registered
  • 609 posts
  • Locationzanesville ohio

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:30 PM

i am in the same boat as most customers, i get the local sd channels from columbus, ohio but you can go down the road here 5 miles, and they get the same local channels i get only in hd, but they wont give me the locals in hd only sd, and they wont even let me pay for the distant networks in hd, i have tried wavier after wavier to get them in hd, but it is a lost cause, and i cant have an outdoor antenna.

#24 OFFLINE   firemantom26

firemantom26

Mentor

• Registered
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:43 PM

Since the H25 isnt a DVR anyway, just hook your antenna to the antenna jack on the TV its connected to, and do a scan. Then you can just flip from Video to antenna on the TV remote to watch all the locals.

I don't have the antenna cable in every room. I want to feed the H25's from the AM21 and the HR24.

#25 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,779 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

I don't have the antenna cable in every room. I want to feed the H25's from the AM21 and the HR24.

The AM21 will work with a H25. I've done it.
A.K.A VOS

#26 OFFLINE   firemantom26

firemantom26

Mentor

• Registered
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:36 PM

The AM21 will work with a H25. I've done it.

But, the OTA Channels only show up on one H25 box.

#27 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,779 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:41 PM

Yes they only show up on the receiver it's connected to.

"Now" if you go with the HR34 and C31 clients, that's a different story.
A.K.A VOS

#28 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

I believe earlier it was stated that with your current setup you would need to begin recording the program on the HR24 and then begin viewing it on the H25. It's an extra step and also prevents you from just flipping through the other OTA networks with the H25 but would allow viewing from the other room.

#29 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,779 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 11:21 PM

I believe earlier it was stated that with your current setup you would need to begin recording the program on the HR24 and then begin viewing it on the H25. It's an extra step and also prevents you from just flipping through the other OTA networks with the H25 but would allow viewing from the other room.

You can't setup an OTA recording on the HR24 [with AM21] from the H25 though, so this makes it a bit of a PITA, as you need to start it from the HR24, and then you can watch it on the H25.

The HR34 with AM-21 will let you setup a OTA recording from the C31, or simply watch it live.
A.K.A VOS

#30 OFFLINE   firemantom26

firemantom26

Mentor

• Registered
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 03:38 AM

You can't setup an OTA recording on the HR24 [with AM21] from the H25 though, so this makes it a bit of a PITA, as you need to start it from the HR24, and then you can watch it on the H25.

The HR34 with AM-21 will let you setup a OTA recording from the C31, or simply watch it live.

Wow, I wish I had the HR34 DVR and the C31. I wonder if Directv would swap out the boxes.

#31 OFFLINE   R0am3r

R0am3r

Legend

• Registered
  • 153 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:18 AM

Ok, so it's using MoCa to distribute content to the C-31's. I just wouldn't need a DECA adapter to feed the Ethernet port since I have a switch right there. I follow you now.

BenJF3 - Wondering if you have a solution? Based on what I have read, as long as you can avoid using DECA, the SWM frequencies @ 2.3MHz, 970MHz (guide) AND 1076-1790MHz (program content) should not affect your OTA channels when diplexed. The DECA frequencies unfortunately land in the 500-600MHZ range. This is right in the middle of the UHF band.

#32 OFFLINE   BenJF3

BenJF3

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 308 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:28 AM

BenJF3 - Wondering if you have a solution? Based on what I have read, as long as you can avoid using DECA, the SWM frequencies @ 2.3MHz, 970MHz (guide) AND 1076-1790MHz (program content) should not affect your OTA channels when diplexed. The DECA frequencies unfortunately land in the 500-600MHZ range. This is right in the middle of the UHF band.

Right now, I'm just gathering as much info as possible so I insure that I can't do what I need by dropping Time Warner. At this point, I could run a second drop to the location if I had to. I'm also looking at the Hopper now that there is an OTA solution.
BAN the FCC!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...