Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

C31 vs HR24

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#76 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 22,764 posts
  • LocationLower Westchester County, NY

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:44 PM

But, on the few times that this happens, you can just set the HR-24 to record the show that you want to watch live, which will allow you to essentially "steal" one of the HR-24 tuners to watch that live show on whatever TV you want.

That could work. :up: Since I've already got the boxes, though, by going WHDVR and use an H (or HR) client, I don't have to deal with it.

For new installations, though, any perceived benefit of that approach should be weighed against the upfront cost difference between a C31 and an H25, e.g., and the inability to pause LIVE TV with an HD-only box.
/steve

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#77 OFFLINE   macfan601

macfan601

Legend

• Registered
  • 180 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:50 PM

That could work. :up: Since I've already got the boxes, though, by going WHDVR and use an H (or HR) client, I don't have to deal with it.

For new installations, though, any perceived benefit of that approach should be weighed against the upfront cost difference between a C31 and an H25, e.g., and the inability to pause LIVE TV with an HD-only box.

If that H box is on Whole Home could you not just be recording that program on a HR box and pause live TV that way?

#78 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 42,133 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:00 PM

If that H box is on Whole Home could you not just be recording that program on a HR box and pause live TV that way?

This is a work-a-round, that works, but "what if" someone walks into the room and starts drowning out the TV?

Option 1: You scream at them, but miss the dialog.
Option 2: you hit pause and "politely" tell them to go....(:lol:) and then rewind.
A.K.A VOS

Protected By... spam firewall...And...