Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Go Back To One Line

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   johnheffernan

johnheffernan

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:12 AM

A while back, DirecTV came out and gave connected a second line so we could watch/record multiple shows. We are in the process of a basement refinish and I have only one working line until I can get the electrician to correct the problem with the second line. Right now, I can't watch anything from the guide and only some programs are recorded? Can I tell the receiver/DVR to only use one line for now or did they split the signal so I need both lines? I looked in setup and tried setting it back to Single Tuner but setup failed.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   samrs

samrs

MANC

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,143 posts
  • LocationFlat Branch, NC

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:34 AM

On the back of your DVR the Satellite inputs are labeled 1 and 2. Your one good line needs to be on input 1. Once its setup that way you should be able to go to single tuner mode in setup. If not check your signal strength on the 101 for irregularity's.

Edited by samrs, 08 October 2012 - 06:41 AM.

HR20-100, HR20-700, HR24-100, HR34-700/AM21

#3 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,542 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

You might want to consider swapping to SWM lnb.

Of course, your equipment will need to be compatible with SWM.
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#4 OFFLINE   johnheffernan

johnheffernan

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

I lost my remaining line somehow so that's why the single tuner change did not work. Sigh. Time to call DirectTV.

#5 OFFLINE   Lindsey-Star

Lindsey-Star

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 01:01 PM

I lost my remaining line somehow so that's why the single tuner change did not work. Sigh. Time to call DirectTV.

If you still had one good line existing, connected to SAT in 1 and changed the tuners to "single," it will give you a setup failed message with an exclaimation saying no signal found on tuner 2 and would allow you to continue through the error thus only connecting to the single tuner (sat in 1) that has the good cable connected.

Exclaimations and setup failed OSDs are not necessarily the end of the problem.
Opinions expressed by me in my postings are exactly that, opinions.
My opinions in no way reflect those of any company or service.

spam firewall