Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Is there ANY kind of reliable, workable Blu-Ray burning software out there?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,135 posts
  • LocationGalactic Empire

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:00 PM

I just picked up the Hauppage device about which sigma here told me. It allows me to record HD recordings to my PC from my DirecTV receivers so I can then burn these to a BD disc for safekeeping. As someone who's new to Blu-Ray disc burning, I admit that I'm quite disappointed on the lack of user friendliness of BD burning software. The software that came with the Hauppage device I got is terrible. I've tried a couple other programs like ImageBurn and others, but so far, I have been unable to burn my recordings to BD discs. With ImageBurn I get "IO error" when selecting my external BD drive as the destination to which the burned image/file is supposed to end up. With the included Arcsoft software of the Hauppage HDPVR, I'm unable to select my BD drive and its 25GB disc onto which I wish to burn a recording. My Blu-Ray burner included Cyberlink burning software, but I have been totally unable to burn a BD disc using that, despited numerous attempts to do so. In short, the whole experience of trying to do a "simple" thing like burning recordings to a BD disc has been disappointing and frustrating.

I realize BD burning isn't the same as a simple, traditional burning of a CD or regular DVD, but this is ridiculous! To say I'm very frustrated and disappointed is an understatement. Isn't there any user-friendly Blu-Ray burning software out there? I'd prefer the free programs, but I'm willing to invest in something if it isn't ridiculously expensive.

FAITH: I find the lack of it disturbing.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   dennisj00

dennisj00

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 8,166 posts
  • LocationLake Norman, NC

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

I doubt you're going to find anything free that's very good except for maybe a trial period. I've had good luck on regular burners with dvdfab and it's mentioned in this google response http://blu-ray-burning-software-review.toptenreviews.com/\

Spending to stimulate the economy as fast as the credit cards will allow!

My Setup / Weather at Lake Norman!/ Boathouse BEES
DLB, MRV, nomad, HDGUI are HERE! . . . We're DONE!

#3 OFFLINE   kiknwing

kiknwing

Godfather

• Registered
  • 485 posts
  • LocationOgden, UT

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:20 PM

This blu-ray burning software is free for the next few days:
http://www.leawo.com/avsforum/
My Setup
Directv '98

#4 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,706 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

Thank you.

#5 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 09:39 PM

Thanks. I'll give that a shot when I get home. I just hope it's as "easy" as it's made to appear.

Opinions are my own but should be those of all Americans, who would be much better off intellectually, psychologically, and emotionally if that were the case.

#6 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 03:33 AM

Ugh!!! :flaiming

Just what the hell does it take to be able to burn a damn Blu-Ray disc?!?

I downloaded this program, browsed through it, and thought, "Wow. Looks easy and just like what I need." Well, when setting the destination to a BD disc that is 25GB in size--I'm trying to burn a 17GB, 3-hour HD recording--the damn program kept telling me that there wasn't enough space on the disc because the file was over 39GB in size! I'm like, "WTF!"

I can select the next size down, an 8GB DL disc, and the file size then shows it's a little over 7.5GB. Huh???

Why the hell is it reading the size so wildly different from what it is, that being a 17GB recording. I spent well over 3 hours--almost 4, to be exact--for the program to convert and doo all the pre-burn prep work--only to be stopped when it ejected the disc and told me to use a larger disc.

I just can't win in finding a damn good program to burn a Blu-Ray disc!

#7 OFFLINE   davring

davring

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,378 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:12 AM

Ive been burning BluRay for some time and this company http://www.dvdfab.com/ has the most reliable and versatile software I've found. It's broken into modules, buy only what you need. Out of roughly 200 burned movies I have ruined only one, and it was probably my fault. Great product, easy to use.
HR20-700(2.0TB)>Sony XBR-55HX929
HR20-700>Sony KDL40V2500
OTA RS outdoor ant
Hardwire networked to Cysco Router 6.0 AT&T DSL
MRV enabled
R15-500>Samsung LNT2342H
DirecTV customer since 1997

#8 OFFLINE   wingrider01

wingrider01

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:50 AM

I use a product by SlySoft - www.slysoft.com works well

#9 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:35 AM

Ive been burning BluRay for some time and this company http://www.dvdfab.com/ has the most reliable and versatile software I've found. It's broken into modules, buy only what you need. Out of roughly 200 burned movies I have ruined only one, and it was probably my fault. Great product, easy to use.

Which one are you using? Their descriptions make it seem like they only do ripping of movies that you can burn or copy to a BD disc. I'm looking to take recordings sitting on a PC and burning them onto a BD disc from scratch.

#10 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,800 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:42 AM

Which one are you using? Their descriptions make it seem like they only do ripping of movies that you can burn or copy to a BD disc. I'm looking to take recordings sitting on a PC and burning them onto a BD disc from scratch.

What format are the recordings currently in?
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#11 OFFLINE   Hutchinshouse

Hutchinshouse

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:45 AM

Using FCP X on my MacBook Pro to burn my blu-rays. Very, very easy to use.

#12 OFFLINE   Lord Vader

Lord Vader

Special Member

• Topic Starter
  • DBSTalk Club
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 10:45 AM

What format are the recordings currently in?

.TS

#13 ONLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,800 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:22 AM

.TS

DVDfab will handle that.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

spam firewall