Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Two 500's or 1000.4 WA- Difference in Signal Strengths

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ckbckb

ckbckb

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:58 AM

Does anyone know of or have any data that compare the signal strength differences between various combinations of Dish Network reflectors, lnb's, and satellites? I've searched but haven't found any. I thought Dish might publish these or someone might have done these measurements on their own.

My interest is that over the summer I added 129 by setting up a 2nd Dish 500 with a DP single lnb. My original 500 receives 110/119 with a DPP twin. All is working fine. But my "point dish" levels are pretty low- 110 & 119 are around 50, 129 is around 28. The EA sats are all blocked by trees.

Well, my wonderful wife likes the HD, but not the two dishes. :) I know a 1000.4 WA setup is the alternative. But I don't know if I'll still be able to get lock on all 3 sats. I'd prefer to not spend the time & money only to discover it doesn't work. I'm hoping to find some objective data that will help decide. Thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 12:37 PM

A WA setup should work but the levels are usually lower (since getting three sats on one dish). Your level for 110/119 could be a few points higher, but 129 is way too low. For a single sat location should be in the 60's.

spam firewall