Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Fox Sports New Orleans

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   thebigeazy

thebigeazy

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 48 posts
  • LocationSouth Louisiana

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:57 AM

Here is a link I found this morning regarding the launch of Fox Sports New Orleans.

http://en.wikipedia....rts_New_Orleans

It doesn't mention Houston Astros baseball. :(

thebigeazy

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   kevintheoman

kevintheoman

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:53 AM

Astros are going to be on Comcast SportsNet Houston next year, thus none of the Fox Sports Nets would be carrying it.

#3 OFFLINE   la24philly

la24philly

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:56 PM

Astros are going to be on Comcast SportsNet Houston next year, thus none of the Fox Sports Nets would be carrying it.

as of now CSN houston is available to Comcast customesr in the houston market.

If you want to watch the astros, in addition to the hornets and the others You will need to find a cable provider.

There is a list of zipcodes and companys on csn houston's website that offers CSN.

www.csnhouston.com

You will be blacked out of astros games because you are in the astros market.

You'll get the rangers cause they are still on FS southwest and NO is in the rangers / astros market, FS NO will show the rangers.

so you need to find a cable provider that offers both FS NO and CSN Houston for you to get all the games.

Welcome to my world, Philly has been going through this for 20 years.

Directv Premier Sport Packages  NFL ST, MLB EI, NHL CI, NBA LP,

Comcast Triple Play TV ( cheapest tv package for CSN Philly and TCN)

#4 OFFLINE   triplela

triplela

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:58 AM

I noticed last night at home that 678 is labeled Fox Sports New Orleans for standard def and that 678-1 is Fox Sports New Orleans for HD. This is taking the spot of the old Fox Sports Houston which is no more. From the placement of the channel it looks like it will be a "game only" channel like FS Houston was. I read on the Hornets 24/7 website that FS New Orleans will have a soft launch and then launch full scale on 10/31 for the Hornets' season opener.

#5 OFFLINE   Slidell Southpaw

Slidell Southpaw

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:15 AM

I noticed last night at home that 678 is labeled Fox Sports New Orleans for standard def and that 678-1 is Fox Sports New Orleans for HD. This is taking the spot of the old Fox Sports Houston which is no more. From the placement of the channel it looks like it will be a "game only" channel like FS Houston was. I read on the Hornets 24/7 website that FS New Orleans will have a soft launch and then launch full scale on 10/31 for the Hornets' season opener.

Even if it is a "game only" channel, I'd like to know if that will include other live FSNOLA-produced games such as the LHSAA High School Game of the Week.

What is odd is that select LHSAA games have already been broadcast on 680 under the FSNO banner (part of the soft launch), but now that the channel is officially live, tonight's LHSAA game is not in our guide.

Personally, I'm thrilled to get live Hornets games after 10 years of suffering sketchy internet streams. However, I'd love to have the rest of the local content available, similar to what FS Oklahoma seems to do.

#6 OFFLINE   Slidell Southpaw

Slidell Southpaw

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

Well, it looks like it does include other original programming besides the Hornets games. Tonight's LHSAA Game of the Week is on 678 (SD, not 678-1 in HD) right now.

Good stuff.

#7 OFFLINE   triplela

triplela

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

Well, it looks like it does include other original programming besides the Hornets games. Tonight's LHSAA Game of the Week is on 678 (SD, not 678-1 in HD) right now.

Good stuff.

I noticed that. I also saw where the LHSAA playoff pairings show was shown on FS New Orleans as well as CST. I think the is the beginning of the end of CST. Eventually, I see the programming merging into FS New Orleans.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...