Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Replacement Receiver Saga- Need DIRT help

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   zinger1457

zinger1457

Mentor

• Registered
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:38 AM

My 722K receiver finally died after 3 years. Contacted DISH and after some basic troubleshooting they agreed it needed to be replaced and would send out another 722K right away, stating it would take 3-5 business days. The next day received an email from DISH stating the replacement receiver was shipped along with the UPS tracking number. So far so good. Kept checking the UPS tracking status the first few days but it did not change from: "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.". Contacted DISH after the weekend on the 5th day and after a long delay was told that the receiver would arrive at my home the following day (even though the UPS tracking still showed UPS had not received the package). The next day came and the receiver did not arrive. Contacted DISH again last night and got basically the same run around, was told this time the receiver would arrive in 2 days (the UPS tracking status still has not changed). When I asked where she got the new shipping date from she said that's what it shows in my account (I don't see that date anywhere). I don't have a lot of confidence that the replacement receiver will arrive tomorrow, it seems to be stuck in some black hole somewhere. Hoping someone from the DIRT team can help track down the replacement receiver and get it shipped. No TV for over a week now!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   tampa8

tampa8

Godfather/Supporter

• Registered
  • 1,832 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:10 PM

Hope this gets taken care of pronto. I hate when companies do this.

I also hope my post draws attention to a DIRT member to help you.... :)

#3 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,938 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:24 PM

See this thread for a list of the DIRT members at our forum. Hopefully one of them will catch this thread.

#4 OFFLINE   MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network

Icon

• DISH Representative
  • 566 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

Please send me a PM with your phone number or account number and I'd be happy to look into this further for you.

Matthew "Speedy" Gonzales
Social Media

Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday 11a-10p MT.  Off: Weds/Sat/Sun.

#5 OFFLINE   wyy183

wyy183

AllStar

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:32 PM

My 722K receiver finally died after 3 years. Contacted DISH and after some basic troubleshooting they agreed it needed to be replaced and would send out another 722K right away, stating it would take 3-5 business days. The next day received an email from DISH stating the replacement receiver was shipped along with the UPS tracking number. So far so good. Kept checking the UPS tracking status the first few days but it did not change from: "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.". Contacted DISH after the weekend on the 5th day and after a long delay was told that the receiver would arrive at my home the following day (even though the UPS tracking still showed UPS had not received the package). The next day came and the receiver did not arrive. Contacted DISH again last night and got basically the same run around, was told this time the receiver would arrive in 2 days (the UPS tracking status still has not changed). When I asked where she got the new shipping date from she said that's what it shows in my account (I don't see that date anywhere). I don't have a lot of confidence that the replacement receiver will arrive tomorrow, it seems to be stuck in some black hole somewhere. Hoping someone from the DIRT team can help track down the replacement receiver and get it shipped. No TV for over a week now!

I had a situation similar to this - go to you dish account, on-line, and check "my shipments" (I think that is what it is called.) I had one that showed Ordered, but not Shipped. Like you said, it fell into a black hole, and they weren't very helpful in getting the situation resolved.

I wish you well with this!

#6 OFFLINE   Inkosaurus

Inkosaurus

Icon

• Registered
  • 678 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:32 AM

I dont remember the criteria for this bug, nor do I know if its still a bug.

But I remember when I worked at Dish, that if the agent set up the replacement in a certain way it would be possible for the shipment to show it got processed on the agents side and would continue to do show the usual tracking info, once it surpassed the shipment date it would show the next day as shipment date.

Iirc it would require for an ERT agent to be engaged (can be done by agent rather then customer) to clear off the order and reset it.
DIRT should be able to do it too.

#7 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:50 AM

Make sure you ask for a week's discount on your next bill.

#8 OFFLINE   boba

boba

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:11 AM

See this thread for a list of the DIRT members at our forum. Hopefully one of them will catch this thread.

Your sticky isn't very obvious and does not indicate who is online. Is there a way you can be more helpful about contacting DIRT than just a post in the dish forum "need DIRT help"?

#9 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,929 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:03 PM

Your sticky isn't very obvious and does not indicate who is online. Is there a way you can be more helpful about contacting DIRT than just a post in the dish forum "need DIRT help"?

you've been here long enough to knew: send a PM to any DIRT member

#10 OFFLINE   fourhokiefans

fourhokiefans

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:57 PM

And one of them might even contact you - or they might even ignore your PMs.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...