Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Walking Dead, Not Recording on Debut Sunday

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Tonedeaf

Tonedeaf

Legend

• Registered
  • 247 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

I had the same issue and set the DVR to record the 9pmCST showing and it cancelled the recording and still had Friday's set. I ended up deleting the series pass and scheduling the individual recording. Will then have to go back in and reschedule the series pass.
Equipment
HR22-100(VOD/MRV) SWM/DECA connected via HDMI on Panasonic TC-P58S2
HR24-200(VOD/MRV) SWM/DECA connected via HDMI on Panasonic TH-50PZ85U
HR21-700(VOD/MRV) W/AM21 SWM/DECA connected via HDMI to Sony KDL-46V3000
HR22-100(VOD/MRV) SWM/DECA connected via HDMI to Westinghouse 37"LCD
H24-200 SWM connected via HDMI to Samsung 24" LCD

AU9 Dish , SWM-16, SWS-8 Splitter

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   litex2x

litex2x

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 03:37 PM

Why??? Its on like 50 times over the next week or so and it must have been on like 4 times last night alone. Mine was set to record it much later in the week as well...it seemed to be the 1st episode that had the HD next to the title, even though my SL doesnt specify HD.

I set mine to record series. At first I thought it was dropped because it only records five episodes but then I realized it never recorded it because it was still playing while I was checking. Seems like their is an issue with the guide data.

#23 OFFLINE   Dan B

Dan B

Legend

• Registered
  • 112 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

Didn't record for me, I saw this too late.

#24 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,497 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:32 PM

I noticed halfway through last night that it wasn't recording, but thought it was due to five other things recording on the HR34, so I recorded the 11:00PM showing.

I'm actually glad it didn't record, or else another show might not have that isn't repeated again. Time to review the SL, cause I've got at least 6 things to record on Sunday night now.

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#25 OFFLINE   retired flyer

retired flyer

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 06:01 AM

Highest ever ratings for the show despite Directv's/AMC's guide screwup delaying us till Friday to watch/record it. We've observed more guide mistakes over the last year.

#26 ONLINE   fleckrj

fleckrj

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,175 posts
  • LocationCary, NC

Posted 16 October 2012 - 07:39 AM

I noticed halfway through last night that it wasn't recording, but thought it was due to five other things recording on the HR34, so I recorded the 11:00PM showing.

I'm actually glad it didn't record, or else another show might not have that isn't repeated again. Time to review the SL, cause I've got at least 6 things to record on Sunday night now.

How do you find time to watch the programs you have recorded? I have never recorded more than two programs at a time, and I still have problems finding time to watch what I have recorded.

#27 OFFLINE   skoolpsyk

skoolpsyk

Mentor

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 09:43 AM

I just don't understand how they can't catch and fix something like this; I mean it's such a popular show and several of us caught the mess up well before it aired.

Or is it that they know and just didn't care?

#28 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 16,068 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:56 AM

I just don't understand how they can't catch and fix something like this; I mean it's such a popular show and several of us caught the mess up well before it aired.

Or is it that they know and just didn't care?

By "they" you mean AMC right? How would DirecTV know the data needs to be edited? They trust the networks to provide them with correct data and have no idea what a network is actually showing when.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#29 OFFLINE   litex2x

litex2x

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 11:57 AM

How do you find time to watch the programs you have recorded? I have never recorded more than two programs at a time, and I still have problems finding time to watch what I have recorded.

I DVR a lot of series and showing just to have the option of watching it later. A lot of recordings in my DVR playlist never get watched but I like having a list of recordings I am semi-interested in watching when there's nothing else to watch. Also I might as well take advantage HR34 since I paid a premium for it.

#30 OFFLINE   ThePrisoner

ThePrisoner

Legend

• Registered
  • 117 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 01:56 PM

I haven't done a search on this matter that I experience when I set the DVR for The Walking Dead. For whatever reason, it will record an episode on both AMC & AMC-HD. My DVR is set-up to hide duplicate channels. This is the only show I record on AMC.
Choice Xtra, HD Extra Pack, MRV, NFLST
HR24-100, Terk HDTVi, Panasonic TC-P60GT30, Oppo BDP-93, Anthem MRX-500, Paradigm Reference
HR21-700, Panasonic TH-50PZ800U

Protected By... spam firewall...And...