Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Jellybean on the Viewsonic gTablet

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Cholly

Cholly

Old Guys Rule!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,454 posts
  • LocationIndian Trail, NC

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:13 PM

I've had an ill fated Viewsonic gTablet for about a year. As released, the gTablet used the Froyo operating system, which was designed for Android cell phones. Rather than continue development, Viwsonic withdrew the tablet from the market and discontinued all support, leaving it a virtual orphan. :eek2:
Fortunately a lot of savvy people discovered that the gTablet OS could be hacked and soon came up with modified versions of Gingerbread and Honeycomb.
I'd installed GtabComb (Honeycomb hack) on my gTablet and was not totally satisfied because it was obviously a work in progress that got abandoned by its developer. :(

Fast forward to yesterday. I installed ALPHA DIRTY-BEAN 4.1.X, by Team DRH, on my gTablet, following the very good instructions given on the xda-developers web site by Ray Waldo. Oh, Happy Day! :joy:
I now have an almost bug free adaptation of Jellybean on my gTablet.

Charlie
--------------------

Family Room: Samsung UN60F7100 60" LED 3D TV; Samsung  BD-H5900 3D Blu-Ray DVD player; Yamaha RX-V663 AVR. Paradigm speakers - Focus fronts, CC170 center, PDR-8 subwoofer, Atom surrounds, ADP rear center; TiVo Roamio Plus DVR, Toshiba HD-A3 HD DVD player.
Bedroom: Vizio 42" 3D TV, Pioneer VSX-521-K AVR, Panasonic 3D DVD player, Energy Take Classic 5.1 speakers, Roku 2 XD, TiVo Premiere, Insignia HD radio tuner, Toshiba HD DVD player

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   trdrjeff

trdrjeff

Icon

• Registered
  • 767 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:28 AM

:biggthump There's some real wizards over there on XDA
HR20-100
Sharp 52" LCD 1080p
Yamaha YSP Sound Projector fed with Optical
Harmony 700

HR22-100
32" Samsung LED New School

#3 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:22 AM

Jellybean is amazing stuff.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#4 OFFLINE   AndrewWebster

AndrewWebster

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 09:34 AM

I've had an ill fated Viewsonic gTablet for about a year. As released, the gTablet used the Froyo operating system, which was designed for Android cell phones. Rather than continue development, Viwsonic withdrew the tablet from the market and discontinued all support, leaving it a virtual orphan. :eek2:
Fortunately a lot of savvy people discovered that the gTablet OS could be hacked and soon came up with modified versions of Gingerbread and Honeycomb.
I'd installed GtabComb (Honeycomb hack) on my gTablet and was not totally satisfied because it was obviously a work in progress that got abandoned by its developer. :(

Fast forward to yesterday. I installed ALPHA DIRTY-BEAN 4.1.X, by Team DRH, on my gTablet, following the very good instructions given on the xda-developers web site by Ray Waldo. Oh, Happy Day! :joy:

Jellybean is awesome on galaxy tablet. How many guys out there make use of Jellybean on galaxy tab?

Edited by AndrewWebster, 08 April 2013 - 10:35 PM.

#5 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,264 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 12 April 2013 - 10:22 PM

Nice. I've been looking at picking up an inexpensive Android tablet. This just might be what I've been looking for.

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#6 OFFLINE   PK6301

PK6301

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 315 posts
  • LocationErie, PA

Posted 13 April 2013 - 06:18 AM

Jellybean is awesome on galaxy tablet. How many guys out there make use of Jellybean on galaxy tab?

I have a Galaxy Tab 2 7 inch running jelly bean..yes indead it is awsome.. I still have not fully explored all of its capabilitys...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...