Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ping Phrelin

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 503 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

Hey, Phrelin are you going to start up with the ratings threads again now that the new season is well upon us? I really liked what you did last year, and I also got a lot out of your explanations and ruminations on the raw numbers.

We have alread had our first cancellation of the new season, and you hadn't warned us to expect it! :)

Edited by Church AV Guy, 10 October 2012 - 03:07 PM.

Luke

Sagaciously eschew obfuscating sesquipedalianisms.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.--from Joan of Arcadia

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   AntAltMike

AntAltMike

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,710 posts
  • LocationCollege Park MD (just outside Wash, DC)

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

My favorite TV show cancellation story pertains to the 1979 sit-com, Makin' it, starring David Naughton. It got cancelled before its theme song even had time to drop out of the Top 40.

Edited by AntAltMike, 10 October 2012 - 07:18 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,121 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:40 PM

Phrelin has been recruited into fulfilling a temporary government type job that has kept him away from DBSTalk. He was pretty stressed when I talked to him last.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#4 OFFLINE   AntAltMike

AntAltMike

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,710 posts
  • LocationCollege Park MD (just outside Wash, DC)

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:59 PM

You mean, he got a life? Oh, the humanity!

#5 ONLINE   armophob

armophob

Difficulty Concen........

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,889 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:08 PM

Phrelin has been recruited into fulfilling a temporary government type job that has kept him away from DBSTalk. He was pretty stressed when I talked to him last.

CIA?

#6 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,318 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:56 PM

Well, since Supramom2000 and Nick PM'd me and now Church AV Guy started this thread, I guess I'll admit to temporarily "getting a life" of sorts.

I was asked to serve as Interim Manager of my local community government where I had worked years ago.

We kept our house here in the redwoods to retire to, which we did over ten years ago. I had tried to keep my head down. We were enjoying our retirement when I was asked. I had a patriotic community service moment and over my wife's expressed concerns about my well being, I said yes.

Supramom2000 is correct about the stress. I'm not even used to getting up in the morning before 8:00 am, much less dealing with politics at breakfast.

So, I won't be doing the ratings until Winter season. Right now I must do spreadsheets on money and other silly stuff instead. But my commitment supposedly ends December 31.

If anyone here knows of someone with a background in local government management who is looking for a challenging career opportunity, have them check out the recruiting information at this web site.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#7 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,213 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:03 AM

Mods, perhaps this thread should be moved to Forum Support.

~ 12 Year Anniversary Month ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#8 OFFLINE   Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 503 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:21 PM

Well, since Supramom2000 and Nick PM'd me and now Church AV Guy started this thread, I guess I'll admit to temporarily "getting a life" of sorts.

I was asked to serve as Interim Manager of my local community government where I had worked years ago.

We kept our house here in the redwoods to retire to, which we did over ten years ago. I had tried to keep my head down. We were enjoying our retirement when I was asked. I had a patriotic community service moment and over my wife's expressed concerns about my well being, I said yes.

Supramom2000 is correct about the stress. I'm not even used to getting up in the morning before 8:00 am, much less dealing with politics at breakfast.

So, I won't be doing the ratings until Winter season. Right now I must do spreadsheets on money and other silly stuff instead. But my commitment supposedly ends December 31.

If anyone here knows of someone with a background in local government management who is looking for a challenging career opportunity, have them check out the recruiting information at this web site.

Well clearly, you are in charge of your own life, so don't take my post as putting pressure on you. Thanks for the explanation. I'll just repeat what I said above, I really liked the information you posted, and the format you used, AND the analysis you did on the data. I'll be looking forward to when you have the time to pick it up again.

Lay off the stress, it isn't good for you or anyone.
Luke

Sagaciously eschew obfuscating sesquipedalianisms.

Evil is charming and beautiful. It makes you doubt yourself. It asks for one small compromise after another until it whittles you down, and it functions best when no one believes in it.--from Joan of Arcadia

spam firewall